Screenshots compare Walkman lock screens of Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony D6503 Sirius
The latest screenshot compares the Xperia UI Walkman lock screen of the Android 4.3 flavored Sony Xperia Z1 and that of the KitKat powered Sony D6503 Sirius (R). On the D6503 screen is a music scrubber that you can use on any part of the music to be played. You won't find this on the Android 4.3 powered Xperia Z1 as it is native to Android 4.4. In addition, you'll notice the camera launch icon on the bottom of the D6503 screen while there is none on the Xperia Z1's screen.
Remember that option to switch to the new ART Android runtime program we showed you the other day on a Korean LG G2 updated to Android 4.4.2? The gentleman with the D6503 prototype says that this option has yet to be seen on his phone, although his prototype is running KitKat.
Screenshot of Android 4. powered Sony Xperia Z1 (L) and Android 4.4 powered Sony D6503 Sirius
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. istitch (Posts: 148; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
1st its ios 7
then kitkat 4.4.2
then the new touchwiz
and now this...
i think they're all going in the same direction
8. vincelongman (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO the kikat looks the best (my only problem is that my music is from iTunes, so the album art is low res [600px])
10. james004 (Posts: 404; Member since: 15 May 2013)
wow, that is some serious problem for a young man. low res album thumbnail! .... you life must be tough bro!
14. vincelongman (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I know right haha
13. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well, Android 3.0 Honeycomb really kicked off the current Android UI style, not 4.4.2.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5770; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nice, clean lock screen but that swipe to unlock is literally bait.
5. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Neat, hope it debuts in MWC or sooner.
9. emadshiny (Posts: 969; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Sony's UI is getting better and better with every update.
Its simple, practical and elegant.
11. james004 (Posts: 404; Member since: 15 May 2013)
their button size is a think, only if they could tune it down. its no problem for me, i can modify it to lower size.