Screenshot shows Nexus 5 running KitKat
0. phoneArena 30 Sep 2013, 01:39 posted on
On Sunday a leaked screenshot appeared, allegedly showing Android 4.4 running on the new Google Nexus 5; we can see the same white and gray status bars that we saw on that leaked image of the Android 4.4 keyboard earlier this month. There is a new,white Wi-Fi icon and the debug icon will apparently stay as a slice of key lime pie...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sharks (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
The tipping point is whether it will have Snapdragon 800 or not. I think Google will try to keep the price down and match that of the launch price of the Nexus 4. It might be difficult to include the most powerful SoC of the moment at that relatively low price.
18. dorianb (Posts: 324; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Agreed for the simple fact it now has LTE which also caused the price hike of the N7. Even if it was minor.
23. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Crystal balls can be dropped and so can prices.
6. sss_ddk (Posts: 58; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Didn't the N4 have the most powerful processor at its launch (S4 Pro?)
8. jan25 (Posts: 350; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
as sss_ddk said, Nexus 4 shipped with the best SoC of it time. it is not that hard to believe that the Nexus 5 will follow its predecessor's footsteps.
13. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 195; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Last year nexus 4 with S4 cpu is as smooth and smoother than LG G2 with 800 cpu. If android phone runs vanilla version then any dual core cpu thats at least 1ghz will do fine. If they add 600 on nexus 5 it will run smoother than any octa core or whatever in other android phones. Googles optimizes nexus devices so well its almost like iphone smooth experience but with android. Cant wait for nexus 5!
21. terabyteRouser (Posts: 396; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think you may be exaggerating a tad.
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 229; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Time to advance from NX4 to the NX5...
16. imMature (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
It's nice to see how awesome the Nexus 5 is with all the upgrades from the Nexus 4 but I personally think that it's not that worth of an upgrade. I might use the N4 for another 6 months or more (if it's still functional). N4 is still one of the smoothest device all around even when the benchmarks aren't it its favor.
I just hope that there would be a revolutionary Nexus 6 or something that has something more than just specs bump.
5. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
I just hope that it doesnt lag and i can answer calls flawlessly unlike my s4.
11. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
that's probably because of AT&T lag phones can't ruined calls. Please eat some cowballs before posting something wrong.
15. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
Lol. I have the international octa core s4. And i live in dubai. I have the best carrier here and i dont have any complaints with them. It is just the phone. Lag phone.
7. andrejx (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
I just hate the look of the 4.4. Its pointing to w8. The 4.0 was perfect. Elegant and minimalistic skin that gives a feel of an high end class devuce, not a kids toy, like samsung. thats the reason I stay with htc. But if its going to be so great I may consider rooting it xD
10. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Sorry but 4.0 onwards is long overdue for a facelift, I don't want to use the same look 2011 ICS look in 2015 when rival platforms have evolved their UI's past Google's plain stock look.
12. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
What I would like is an option for a dark, or light UI, so one like we have now, and one using white instead. Then we need to be able to change that holo blue color to whatever we choose, it would be a fantastic personalization option.
14. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Completely agree. Black backgrounds use less power and look better, IMO.
17. imMature (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
That only works on AMOLED displays. As the current Nexus phones and tabs is using IPS, I hope that the theme has more white like Google Now or something.
19. iampayne (Posts: 72; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Just launch on Verizon and I will be happy
20. Sakeem (Posts: 127; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Cant wait until this phone is officially unvieled. Time to switch carriers if all goes well.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is all just words. i want to see FULL HD COLORS HOME SCREEN UI. not a gmail box picture.
25. AsherWeisberger (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
Do you think the Nexus 5 will be available to Verizon customers?