Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S III lends credence to speculation about a 4.8 inch display
UnWire.HK placed the protector over the top of the 4.3 inch screen on the Samsung Galaxy S II and while the width was a perfect match, the screen protector for the Galaxy S III was a bit too big. When the protector was placed over the 4.65 inch screen of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus, it was still a bit too big which seems to confirm the rumored 4.8 inch display for the highly anticipated device.
Remember when the 4.3 inch HTC HD2 was considered to be massive? Now a 4 inch screen seems to be the smallest that many will accept. If the Samsung Galaxy S III does have a 4.8 inch screen, it fits perfectly halfway between the previous model and the 5.3 inch display on the Samsung GALAXY Note.
source: UnWire.HK (translated), PocketDroid via Phandroid
The USG screen protector was made just for the Samsung Galaxy S III and is larger than the 4.3 inch screen on the Samung Galaxy S II (R)
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
tell me anything that i dont know.....
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
After i look at the hole of the screen protector... i can imagine what shape of home button would be...
9. ScottSchneider (Posts: 229; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
The Home Button look great though... SGS3 is gonna be Massive...
19. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
But I don't like massive phones!
It should be no bigger than 4.5!
23. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
just because the screen is bigger doesnt mean that the phone is bigger. bezels are being reduced. you get more screen out of the same size phone.
33. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I am quite aware, but it makes it harder to do things with one hand with that large of a screen.
I say a larger screen is always helpful, just not one that big (for the average-sized person)
16. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
more like the Galaxy W's home button.
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Samsung Galaxy S 3 will launch in Blue and White?
2. OHscrewTHIS (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 May 2012)
sgs3 will be such a let down. How could the crapdragons compete with the like of the IPHONE with A6 and powerVR gpu???
6. bruindog (Posts: 31; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I feel the exact same way. Just have to hope it comes over clocked and is able to beat the IPhone 5 just like the NOTE beat the 4S. I'm very disappointed and I will probably get this phone due to a lack of options. However if the RAZR HD or w.e. it is called now days is better I will go with that. Hopefully the Google/Moto duo has something up their sleeve.
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lack of option? NEVER!!!
Thats the beauty of the android phone --- Choices!!!
24. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
before you get your panties in a bunch about a rumor, wait till tomorrow for its official announcement.. we are only 24 hrs away.
5. taklak (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 May 2012)
That isn't a Galaxy Nexus the screen protector is laid on? Has Samsung logo and a physical button.
12. Alan01 (Posts: 141; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Yes, you are correct. Thanks for the heads up and we have changed the caption.
25. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it doesnt look "that much" bigger than the 4.3 SGS2. Any chance of finding a pic of it on the Hercules or sprint SGS2? It could be a well made cut out fake of one of their screen protectors. Wouldnt be so hard to exacto knife out a home button.
8. OmarF82 (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I don't know that Sprotector suggest me little to no bezel at all. Hummmm.... wondering what the final design will be. I still have hope on Sammy... Please don't let me down... ;)
10. cheetah2k (Posts: 726; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
As if the screen protector guys would know what the SGS3 looks like. I call fake.
13. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 389; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
TouchWiz 4.0? Pass.
So...how is this different from the S2 again apart from the crappy design and processor?
Samsung just pulled an Apple.
26. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ICS, newer high rez screen... double the horsepower, more ram, NFC, , newer better TW4/5, more of everything.
how is it the same as the S2 exacctly?
27. taz89 (Posts: 1897; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol I know it's like what more did they expect in a 2012 phone...
29. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 389; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
ICS is already on the S2, and more RAM...don't think so. Galaxy S2 HD LTE already has NFC and TW4 is already on the S2.
31. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
there has been a new version of touchwiz with every major launch. no reason to think that would stop now... TW5 inbound.
most reports say more ram. Im going to hold hope for more, regardless of how negative you are.
SGS2 HD LTE is 1 version of the SGS2. Most versions DO NOT HAVE working NFC, especially in america. Correct me if im wrong, but none of them have working NFC in america.
why be so negative. good lord. if your not interested in the SGS3, why troll the site trying to bring down people? geesh.
14. andro. (Posts: 1926; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its prob a good representation of what the screen size and shape will be. Can't wait to find out the rest tomorrow!!
15. bloodline (Posts: 685; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
some of you are so dumb, its not even been officially announced and you already hating ?
What exactly are you expecting from a mobile phone?
17. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 389; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Something actually new and not another crappy design and an updated CPU (Not even GPU) and the same so un realistic AMOLED screen found on the Galaxy S2 HD LTE?
Motorola Atrix -> Motorola Razr
HTC Sensation -> HTC One X
Xperia Arc -> Xperia S
Look at how flagships have much more cons than their predecessors.
18. NowItsAParty (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Why not just get an unlocked GSM version and be done with it? That's what I'm going to do. I don't care about LTE!
22. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Brilliant idea to use a screen protector to compare.
If it's really 4.8 screen, they went over that 4.5 ideal size, I'm sorry but not everybody has Shaquille O'Neal hands.
30. PC_Surgeon (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Not everyone has Justin Bieber hands either.
28. androidrockzz (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
Will there be an improvement in battery life