Scientists discover that urine can recharge your smartphone
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2013, 14:55 posted on
The next time your smartphone battery dies, running over to the rest room and relieving yourself might allow you to recharge your phone; this is no joke. In Britain, scientists have discovered a way to power smartphones using urine. The scientific theory involved uses microbial fuel cells (MFC) which use bacteria to break down organic material which creates power...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! ROFL seemed too subtle for this
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Something good comes in pissing someone off after all.
"If you want to piss me off, do it on my phone."
21. Jack58221 (Posts: 133; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
I should get this so I can final do what I have wanted to do to my gs3 since the day I got it.
28. ghaniosman (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I will never charge even if it does for real..
2. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
now that i think about it , its an awesome tech!! people will think twice before borrowing your cellphone for temple run which m sure everyone here hates lol
22. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Download a troll video and make a shortcut to it on your android phone and change the icon to the temple run one then change the name to Temple Run. Thats what I did.
3. ZeroCide (Posts: 700; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I don't even want to know how Scientists discovered this.
5. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Pee power, bitch!!
8. twcobra (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
If I had an S4 I would Pee on it after Samsung let At&t lock up the bootload like Verizon. Good thing I did not upgrade yet.
9. mobi_user (Posts: 118; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
This was only left to happen. In next episode of Man vs Wild, the person will urine on his phone to recharge it. lol
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Patent it ... run apple run ... go patent URINE.
13. PhoneCritic (Posts: 375; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Just to easy. Its like making an Anthony weenier Joke. to easy.
15. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
This is a disaster. I'll never again be able to tell someone to piss "off".
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Not gonna happen dude, a turd can't, won't and will never power your phone, lol.
23. alltechinside (Posts: 247; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
You never know, the same was said about charge your phone by peeing on it lol
24. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
"God damn, my fcking iPhone's battery is almost death from 10min gaming, let me piss on it real quick to recharge it" ROFLMYASS
25. pinkpanzer (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 May 2013)
now they just need to develop an open-standard pee port so you can recharge all your mobile devices on the go. they should probably develop a privacy cubicle so we don't have to find a restroom just to 'charge'
26. medicci37 (Posts: 715; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would be willing to try this on a iPhone. If it doesn't work, no harm done
27. nothingmuch (Posts: 183; Member since: 03 May 2013)
OMG!! I tried it and it works!! Tingly !! LOL!! :D
29. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
*Honey why are you taking so long in the toilet? I'm just charging my phone sweetheart*
30. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This is disgusting. But I'll entertain it anyway so wait how much charge can I possibly get because the normal person doesnt pee as long, as you would physically charge a phone for about 2-3 hours. I know you can't possibly get a full charge while peeing on your phone. lol
31. ThePython (Posts: 390; Member since: 08 May 2013)
2025: "Damn my phone is running out of battery, let me go over there and pee on it."