Scientists discover that urine can recharge your smartphone
Now, we are not suggesting that you recharge your Samsung Galaxy S4 by peeing all over it. We wouldn't even do that to a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, which is water resistant of course. So far, the technology allows users to generate enough power to allow a user to send a text message, surf the web and to make a quick call.
So don't be surprised if sometime in the not too distant future, instead of looking for an outlet to plug your phone in to recharge the battery, you will be looking for the nearest rest room.
source: UWE AFP via USAToday
1. rawbow (Posts: 407; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! ROFL seemed too subtle for this
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2993; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Something good comes in pissing someone off after all.
"If you want to piss me off, do it on my phone."
21. Jack58221 (Posts: 121; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
I should get this so I can final do what I have wanted to do to my gs3 since the day I got it.
28. ghaniosman (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I will never charge even if it does for real..
2. rawbow (Posts: 407; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
now that i think about it , its an awesome tech!! people will think twice before borrowing your cellphone for temple run which m sure everyone here hates lol
22. Shatter (Posts: 1979; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Download a troll video and make a shortcut to it on your android phone and change the icon to the temple run one then change the name to Temple Run. Thats what I did.
3. ZeroCide (Posts: 683; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I don't even want to know how Scientists discovered this.
5. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Pee power, bitch!!
8. twcobra (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
If I had an S4 I would Pee on it after Samsung let At&t lock up the bootload like Verizon. Good thing I did not upgrade yet.
9. mobi_user (Posts: 105; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
This was only left to happen. In next episode of Man vs Wild, the person will urine on his phone to recharge it. lol
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Patent it ... run apple run ... go patent URINE.
13. PhoneCritic (Posts: 355; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Just to easy. Its like making an Anthony weenier Joke. to easy.
15. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
This is a disaster. I'll never again be able to tell someone to piss "off".
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2993; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Not gonna happen dude, a turd can't, won't and will never power your phone, lol.
23. alltechinside (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
You never know, the same was said about charge your phone by peeing on it lol
24. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
"God damn, my fcking iPhone's battery is almost death from 10min gaming, let me piss on it real quick to recharge it" ROFLMYASS
25. pinkpanzer (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 May 2013)
now they just need to develop an open-standard pee port so you can recharge all your mobile devices on the go. they should probably develop a privacy cubicle so we don't have to find a restroom just to 'charge'
26. medicci37 (Posts: 610; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would be willing to try this on a iPhone. If it doesn't work, no harm done
27. nothingmuch (Posts: 157; Member since: 03 May 2013)
OMG!! I tried it and it works!! Tingly !! LOL!! :D
29. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
*Honey why are you taking so long in the toilet? I'm just charging my phone sweetheart*
30. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This is disgusting. But I'll entertain it anyway so wait how much charge can I possibly get because the normal person doesnt pee as long, as you would physically charge a phone for about 2-3 hours. I know you can't possibly get a full charge while peeing on your phone. lol
31. ThePython (Posts: 216; Member since: 08 May 2013)
2025: "Damn my phone is running out of battery, let me go over there and pee on it."