Schiller: "Can't innovate any more my arse"
0. phoneArena 10 Jun 2013, 13:51 posted on
Just because Apple is a huge corporation doesn't mean that employees from the guy cleaning the trash cans to the executives at the top aren't hurt by criticism; over the last year, Apple has been criticized for losing its ability to be innovative with many pointing to the introduction of the first Apple iPad back in 2010 as the last time Apple changed the world...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
OMG they have created a computer in the shape of a cylinder and a is that is essentially android mixed with wp.....
10. techspace (Posts: 799; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
but it definitely brought a lot of things that were missing from the ios 6
and ive did this in a few months...i think its good
as i have expected, it looks a little identical to the new yahoo weather app on ios
it doesn't look like android or windows because ios 7 is not using live tiles or widgets, its good in its own way......there aren't many new features that we have never heard of, but its not the sadistic old ios anymore
30. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
you're speaking like ive did this himself, i'm sure they had thousands of designers
they did copy a lot from WP, just look at the task manager
no saying iOS 7 is bad, but it's not like you're trying to imply
36. techspace (Posts: 799; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Those designers existed even when Scott forstall was the head of iOS....Ive has taken them to a new direction...I have been looking at different platforms and I used to feel that iOS is nothing compared to them....now it feels like ios has the best of every mobile os without loosing its simplicity at the same time
2. amats69 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
honestly speaking..im impressed with the new Mac Pro and iOS 7. but that does not mean im switching to iphone from android phone now..unless they increase the iphone display!
11. techspace (Posts: 799; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
yes, i believe that the ipad is the best tablet and android offers you everything that you need from a smartphone
16. amats69 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
im 100 percent agree with you. when it came to tablet i prefer Ipads, but on smartphone i love Android.
3. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
"Can't innovate any more my arse!"..............WHAT???. How can apple innovate an industry that has already seen innovation from multitasking to the introduction and innovation of the "phablet"
Phil Schiller is as clueless as the republican party, sticking to their guns about an idea thats old and outdated. Whatever, he can keep thinking that Apple is being innovative while i play "Words With Friends" on a phone that still beats the iPhone 5............the Galaxy S3 lol
7. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
lol, delusional, S3 higher spec and android 'butter' can't even beat iP5 smoothness. most GS3 (and other galaxy series) users have to flash other kernel and ROM and deactivate a lot of bloatware and gimmicky stuff to make the user experience tolerable... the rest who can't/don't understand root, have to live with it...
17. Leo_MC (Posts: 654; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
The display can't be changed and S3 has a "Stone Age" times display.
26. blingblingthing (Posts: 466; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Stone age? Is 720p stone age or is 4.8" size or is it AMOLED?
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Just pretend that thumbs up I gave is a thumbs down; fixed.
12. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
They took it out in preparation of the IOS 7 announcement because it would have overloaded the PA servers.
21. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Now I got why PA has removed thumbs down button.
24. superstar (Posts: 30; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Good answer. I'm going to miss thumbing down trolls
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I'm sorry but he said this while showing a computer that will be priced outside the vast majority of consumers. That computer is going to cost over $3000. Let's hold the "my ass" comments until they can innovate the iPhone and iPad; the majority of devices Apple sales.
9. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I'm sorry Schiller, I did not really see anything new from the keynotes...cause you know innovate actually mean to do something new, not provide the same as other OS, just with a different name.
13. buccob (Posts: 1709; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Schiller.. you have to demonstrate instead of talk...
14. gaurang (Posts: 94; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
schiller is right.....his arse has "NO INNOVATION" written all over it
15. Eonnaydra (Posts: 215; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
"Apple isn't innovating!" says idiots who won't read about the 2 operating systems and all the new devices they announced today.
20. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Releasing a new laptop is not innovating. Bring feature to iOS that have already been used in other OSes is not innovating. It like most see a semi-big word and they are like...ooo I need to use it.
18. tomn1ce (Posts: 106; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Good innovation they have going there... copy from AOSP and paste onto iOS 7....good job...
19. PhoneCritic (Posts: 405; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
No innovation here yet but rather catch up. Let all be honest here and reasonable all iOS 7 has done is added functionality that has been around for more then three years now or more. I mean quick toggle controls are not innovation, Multitasking??? lets be real these are all nice additions that should have happened long ago. This is not called innovation nor evolution just plain catch up. Phil needs to go back and read the definition of innovation.
33. rallyguy (Posts: 596; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Can I give you 50 thumbs up. You took the words out of my mouth.
22. guest (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
I think he meant to say "Can't immitate any more my arse"
23. shamashu9 (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
the new Windows iPhone 7!
25. bittertruth247 (Posts: 31; Member since: 03 May 2013)
As an android lover and owner of 8 cellphones and a long time employee of Best Buy, I have one word for Apple's announcement today-YAWN!!!!!!! It's actually sad watching Apple list everything new the Iphone iOS 7 can do that I can do on my android right now and was doing over 2 years ago with the push of a button! Any of my fellow android users can attest to Go Launcer and Launcher Pro just for kicks! Hey Apple, guess what, there's this new fangled device called a microwave oven that can cook food 4 times faster than an oven, kind of like your os, you might want to keep up with the Jones! The Samsung Galaxy S4, the Note 2, and the HTC One are far and away the 3 best phones in the United States and definitely in the top 6 in the World and they've only been out for less than 6 months!
27. boosook (Posts: 1163; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Taking the design from wp and the features from androis is now called innovation?
28. huzle19 (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I think with ios 7 people can see how apple is still capable of doing things other companies cant do.
34. rallyguy (Posts: 596; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
You mean updating their OS with features that others have had for years?
29. huzle19 (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
i bet android users are budgeting for the next iphone.
35. rallyguy (Posts: 596; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Why would I spend money on old technology?
31. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
So where's the innovation Mr. Schiller? The UI is refreshing but you're haven't done anything that your competitors haven't done already.
32. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Please Phil. You are just miming what Google has been doing for the past few years. Fool yourself as much as you like but you still can't innovate enough to save your skin.
However, you do have a thick skin for thinking that you deserve any credit for any 'innovation' for iOS 7
38. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Really? so no one in the comment section watched the keynote? They totally redesigned the Mac Pro that desktop product has been YEARS old until now. His statement was that they still can be innovative with their products. This had nothing to do with iPhone or iOS. This place is full of android fans. I see why I stopped commenting long ago. smh... Thanks for removing the thumbs down option because there's so much hate here even if someone mentions they like Apple they will get tons of red thumbs. smh.
39. Sauce (unregistered)
It's quite funny... most of you champs on here don't even know what innovate means, yet you throw it around like you do, while the smart ones laugh at your ignorance. I believe the word you are all looking for is: Invent. Not innovate. Apple "innovates". Samsung "innovates". Everyone "innovates". Just a little clear up so you people are clear on which correct words you should use to properly insult Apple.