Schematics for Apple iPad 5 leak and reveal that the tablet will borrow its looks from the Apple iPad mini
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2013, 21:03 posted on
Schematics have leaked for the fifth-generation Apple iPad and reveal that the next iteration of Apple's full-sized tablet will be taking much of its design from the Apple iPad mini; the edges of the next iPad match those of Apple's 7.9 inch slate and will be less tall and less wide than the current 9.7 inch model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. zero1 (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Me too. Im not surprised till i see 2 GB of RAM at least quadcore processor 1.6ghz at least and over 400ppi with high resolution.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9692; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because iOS needs a 1.6GHz quad core processor... It barely needs 1GHz dual core to function.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 14524; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That will make it the new most beautiful tablet on the market.
3. quakan (Posts: 1258; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Of course, there isn't any competition that has a better looking tablet or even comes close.
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Microsoft surface is beautiful....magnesium alloy!
6. Kurai (unregistered)
I agree that the ipad mini is gorgeous but the spec for its price is not worth it . . .
10. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Ditto, I'm rather fond of my Z tablet. Sony nailed it, simple as that.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6983; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It will look like the iPad mini nothing will never change
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6983; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
So now they are borrowing other ipad designs? really? They must be out of ideas or taking their own designs. no wonder why their employees are leaving Apple. They need too fired their engineer team
5. papss (unregistered)
At least it's a good design unlike what SS is doing.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 14524; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Foot in mouth. Samsungs new tabs look like there phones too...it's called brand unification Einstein. If you were a techie, instead of a pathetic blind fanboy, you'd know that.
17. MCrapp (Posts: 313; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
What do you expect! Hi love VW(all VW looks this same=brand unification!?)
26. papss (unregistered)
Hi love VW? What the hell are you talking about. It's a picture of a VW sign, get over it.
25. papss (unregistered)
Um I am a techie and I know brand recognition..I was saying its better than SS brand recognition
7. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Anyone else think that the fact that they will be removing two sides of the bezel will be bad? How do you hold it without holding onto the sides of the screen?
9. vincelongman (Posts: 2398; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
There's still big top and bottom bezels, so it should still be pretty easy to hold.
12. Igneel (unregistered)
Apple added a special touch that made small touches on the each sides of the iPad mini is disabled. Try it yourself. You can use the iPad mini like you're holding it on its 'side bezel'. I think this will also be available on this 'iPad mini-like' iPad. So no worries :)
13. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1488; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You can grasp the screen on the sides: It has palm rejection. I never had a false touch register on my Mini.
24. ken6688 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 May 2013)
absolutely bad. it destroys the advantage of ipad being on aspect ratio of 4/3. removing the sides is meaningless besides aesthetic.
11. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
The iPad's back is too slippery, it always feel like it will slip out of my hands any minute.
A matte finish would help.
27. papss (unregistered)
Why doesn't it have a minimal apple made cover on it?
14. pyradark (Posts: 800; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Xperia tablet Z is still the slimmest. lightest and water/dust resistance of them all
29. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 407; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Haters gona hate. iPad is still the best tablet (although Ativ Q seems just amazing)
30. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3390; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Every iPhone & iPad borrows its designs from its predecessors.