Say cheese: Polaroid's rumored Android camera is expected to feature interchangeable lenses
0. phoneArena 18 Dec 2012, 11:46 posted on
We've already seen Android cameras hit the market from some pretty big names and now Polaroid wants to join them with an Android powered camera that will feature interchangeable lens; the device is called the Polaroid IM1836 with Android 4.0 aboard, a 3.5 inch touchscreen, pop-up flash and is said to offer Wi-Fi and HDMI connectivity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. androidisbaws (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Sounds awesome! Imagine photosphere with a dedicated camera.
2. maherk (Posts: 1031; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Nothing beats the specs on galaxy camera. Quad core with 4.1 jb installed. Monster screen and great lens.
3. androidisbaws (banned) (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
While it is a nice device, picture quality seems underwhelming. Nikon needs to make a beast like the galaxy camera.
6. flexile (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I doubt Galxy Camera will stand a chance against Panasonic.
8. remixfa (Posts: 13938; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
And it comes with a smartphone pricetag. While it may be a very solid camera, I can get a helluva camera for 500 bux.
Next year I am buying a new point n shoot to replace my aging one. I want the best I can buy with my money as far as picture quality goes, not how many cores the thing has.
9. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
Exactly. Considering most point and shoots are now including WiFi for sharing. I'd rather have a smartphone being camera centric than a camera trying to be a phone
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1353; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
its going to cost a very high budget for sure for $700 , better buy a dedicated entry level Dslr or mirrorless instead
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6584; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
2013 YEAR OF ANDROID POINT N SHOT CAMERAS
11. yowanvista (Posts: 306; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Why would they even use a dated version of Android? :/