Say cheese: Microsoft seeks patent for voice control of smartphone camera
0. phoneArena 20 May 2013, 02:09 posted on
The USPTO has published a patent application submitted by Microsoft that would allow a smartphone camera to be run by voice commands; this would allow owners of a phone equipped with the technology to have a camera capture an image without having to press a button. The technology allows the voice command to be turned into an input...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. SPASE (Posts: 205; Member since: 03 May 2013)
on my n9 "meego" there's already an app that lets me do just that and more, its called Just Ask.
these patents are pathetic.
5. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Says the person using an N9 "meego"! Talk about pathetic! Laughing hysterically!
8. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
What's pathetic is the N9 outsold every WP7 Nokia made without any effort whatsoever.
9. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
And yes I'm still laughing! Go ahead find your N9 and meegos on EBAY or where ever you can find outdated,no longer made devices. Great! I just luv how those who don't like WP devices come to Windows Phone articles to talk down an OS that is supposedly not worthy! It must be worthy enough for you to lower your standards and try to bad mouth such an crappy OS. Ooooh, you must feel like such a stud right about now. Yes, keep on coming to Windows Phone articles to say crap. Now that's pathetic! Period.
6. TheMan (Posts: 467; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
2011 - Microsoft and Nokia sign partnership agreement
2011 - Microsoft applies for smartphone voice control photography patent
2011 - Nokia launches N9 smartphone with voice control photography
See a pattern?
7. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
The phone came out before the application did. I doubt Nokia had anything to do with it, seeing how the phone is WP styled.
11. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
LOL I didn't get this first time. Nice idea though, voice command for camera focus also.
4. Gothbeard (Posts: 54; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Great idea, I'm already using it on CM10.1
If we wait another year, Apple can announce it as their amazing new feature for the iPhone 7.
10. juanyunis (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Mm you can do this with Galaxy S4 (i'm using it with my S4), i guess with other Android phones too.