Save 50%; Samsung Gear Fit just $99 from Amazon
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2014, 11:18 posted on
Looking to purchase the Samsung Gear Fit for your wrist? Suppose we told you that by making the purchase from Amazon, you could save 50% Normally priced at $199, the online retailer is offering the device for $99. With its always-on screen, the Gear Fit will keep track of your daily fitness routine. The 1.8 inch Super AMOLED screen fits around your wrist, and thanks to the IP67 certification, it will go anywhere you go...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. swayze91 (Posts: 28; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Also $99.99 @ Best Buy :) might have to snag one myself!
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3224; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Would be a good deal if it wasn't tied to Samsung phones only.
6. maherk (Posts: 786; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It isn't, you can sideload the gear or fit manager to any android phone.
7. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1109; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Waiting for a Android wear watch to hit this price be it the Samsung or LG model.
8. Tizen007 (Posts: 493; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I got this for like 300+ when it was first announced and I still don't regret it.
10. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 137; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Bought one from best buy for the same price!
11. Xareyn13 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Target wll also price match this as well! Just got mine!
12. Joshua9007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I wasn't going to get this because it will only work with Samsung and I plan on grabbing the G3 once it comes out, but at this price I could surely play around with it for a while!
13. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2051; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I remember when all the Samdroids rained down on me because I mentioned Samsung needed to lower prices to build marketshare -- so they can build a strong base of apps, advocates, mindshare, etc.
And now we find that a lot more people like a $99 Gear Fit vs. a $199 Gear Fit -- Amazon sold out. Something around $99 should be the natural price of this watch. The Gear 2 Neo should also be around $99. As these watches run Tizen, they are basically dead end designs anyway. And let us not forget how users will get headache having to charge them so often (all current smartwatches have this headache, although some a little less often than others).
Samsung should work extra hard and get an Android spyWear version of the Fit to market though. Ideally with better battery life and easier charging. And keep the price $99.