SanDisk introduces Extreme Micro-SDXC cards, the world's new fastest memory cards for portables
While read and write speeds on the last generation Ultra cards reached up to 30MB/s, in the nex Extreme Micro-SDXC family read speeds have more than doubled to 80MB/s and write speeds have gone up to 50MB/s. What do you need those high speeds for? The most obvious application is for burst shots where your smartphone camera snaps tens of images for fractions of a second.
The new SanDisk cards will come in capacities from 16GB to 64GB and prices are expected to start from $59.99 for the 16 gig model and up to $199 for the 64GB cards.
source: Android Community
2. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i'm still waiting to see a phone which has support for UHS 1 cards. cause i bought the ultra and couldn't use the UHS 1 speeds, was limited to only class 10
10. cheetah2k (Posts: 1178; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
The Galaxy S4 Octa i9500 supports them :D
3. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Will apps be allowed to be installed on this new faster card then?
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
What's wrong with Class 10 cards???????
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So, this is the Snapdragon 800 of memory cards!
14. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 142; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I think it wud b wise to call it exynos of the sd cards..since snapdragon doesnt support it yet(galaxy s4 i9505)..while exynos already does(galaxy s4 19500 exynos octa)
7. FlushGordon (unregistered)
But would you spend extra $$$ for that marginal speed gain?
8. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
But I'm searching for 128 gb 64 is not enough for me
11. waterninja21 (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I dont think any phone supports a 128 GB
9. JC557 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Sounds like it could be useful for HD video recording, especially if paired with my GoPro H3 Black or Sony Action Camera and any future GoPro. Hopefully it won't be much more than the current batch of high speed microSDHC/ XCs.
12. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
If only we could use cf cards in our phones! 100mb/s here I come!
13. roldefol (Posts: 3338; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
...just in time for the decline of microSD cards in smartphones!
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 4451; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
...more reason to buy Samsung phone with MicroSD slot then!
17. ZeroCide (Posts: 725; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Samsung is not the onle manufacturer with MicroSD slots
18. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 142; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
yet the only one which supports uhs 1 cards,,,they always make their phones future proof...
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE. all i need is a regular SD MICRO. I used PNY their cheaper than san disk. i don't need a card too write faster.