Samsung's official numbers say $28.6 billion in mobile sales for Q1
0. phoneArena 25 Apr 2013, 20:55 posted on
We've seen a lot of Q1 earnings reports this week, and the latest comes from Samsung. Samsung didn't want to disappoint after seeing the numbers from Apple, Google, and the rest, and it has not. Samsung's official numbers for its Q1 earnings report say that the Korean giant pulled in $28.6 billion in mobile sales...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
28 Billion in 3 months, Wtf™
3. iushnt (Posts: 601; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
That was only for mobile phones. They still have tvs, washing machines and zillion things including Shilla group Hotel, Insurance companies, ship building etc..Hell lot of money
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
In pure revenue, Samsung is the biggest company
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But not the Crapdragon version, but the one and only "Finest Exynos" version™
10. rgxVOiD (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
That moment when Crapdragon's performance is equal to (or better than) "Finest Exynos" like what Samsung CEO said in yesterday's PhoneAreana post
5. HTCOE (Posts: 406; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
samsung is getting too big to control itself.
congrats on the money to the company in the meantime wish them the best in it's success.
i do like the s4 just not better overall than the htc one... yea the s4 has some perks i'd temporarily enjoy on a practical level for an everyday use i love my one do need all the sd cards when i have cloud storages and i dont walk around with spare batteries all day..."side eye" for people who do and i use my iphone 5 as an ipod but the device im waiting on the most is the Nexus 5 though.
15. ebubekir26 (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
ahahah, kid, your Username says it all
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5534; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Does anyone get the sense that Apple is fighting a losing war against Sammy? Sammy just keeps going and going and going....
9. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
What apple does is a blessing in disguise for samsung.
12. martinlosha (unregistered)
They are doing a great job in every aspect.
14. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm calling it now - up next is Samsung posting greater profit than Apple, in the quarter, for the first time ever.
Given Apple's own projection for 33B in overall revenue (a BIG drop from 39B this quarter), and lowering margins, it is clear that profit will drop a lot too, from 9.5B posted this quarter.
Samsung otoh, will smash its own records in the same period.
So, my guess is around 8.6 billion profit for Samsung and 8.2 for Apple
16. donfem (Posts: 515; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
All hail King Sammy. Aggressive business with innovation and variety equals.... Profits
17. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
All Hail King Sammy??? Not unless you have stock in Samsung there's really no reason to be happy about "THEIR" earnings