Samsung's new Bada flagship, the Samsung Wave 3, expected to launch next month
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Sep 2011, 20:00
The Samsung Wave S8600, the Korean manufacturer's next flagship Bada device, will launch next month according to the company, although the specific markets which will be the first to get the phone were not revealed and neither was pricing...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Wheres Peter (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 20:09 15 0
Come on, where is Peter?
77. Life (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 10:09 0 0
Best comment so far on Mr. Peter Bada!
2. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 20:11 8 0
Looks like a nice phone, but i can't help but look at it like its trying to be like android. Don't shoot me for this, just making a speculation. I'm sure its great.
6. Yeeee posted on 18 Sep 2011, 20:55 3 1
It's basically like eclair with touchwiz. No lte no dual cores but neither does wp7 or blackberry. The only other OS is ios because iPhone got dual cores but still no lte
31. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:09 1 0
It does looks similar to Samsungs Android phones, since they both use touchwiz (i think). But bada doesn't look anything like stock Android.
50. bobfreking55 posted on 19 Sep 2011, 08:32 2 0
Bada is a cheap Android. No offense peter. Just accept it. They would probably sell it to south korea government for their own OS.
3. peterwhereareyou??? (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 20:17 11 1
78. Life (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 10:20 0 0
Well Mr. Peter if you are really from Sweden buy only Nokia Phones to avoid European recession.
4. Knicknevin posted on 18 Sep 2011, 20:39 11 0
What??? Something about Wave and Bada...and no peter??
5. toaster posted on 18 Sep 2011, 20:55 8 0
Cmon, it's 3-4 am where Peter is :P
Also, looks like TW4, but I guess that can be expected.
7. lubba posted on 18 Sep 2011, 21:20 3 1
I don't see a difference between this bada and android.
8. HTCiscool posted on 18 Sep 2011, 21:35 2 0
I would have actually considered buying this if it weren't for Bada. The hardwear is excellent. it has a 4-inch bloody Amoled screen. All the other android manufacturers are too cheap to put Amoled screens into their products. Call me insane, but the best display I've ever seen on a smartphone (not counting sharpness) would have to be the Amoled Clearblack on the Nokia E7. (YES I have seen the Galaxy Sll screen.) If nothing else at least Nokia can produce good hardwear and good screens. But back to the topic, where is Peter?
29. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:06 1 2
Why does bada make you not buy this phone ?
bada has more functions than even IOS and WP7 has so i don't see your point.
46. remixfa posted on 19 Sep 2011, 07:47 1 1
you realize this is a rebranded and slightly over clocked GalaxyS-1 right? lol you can find them anywhere for cheap, and bada free.
9. Goldeneye posted on 18 Sep 2011, 21:42 4 1
Looks like Peter is disappointed that Nada I mean Bada is not the greatest thing since sliced bread and his beloved OS doesn't support tablets, Bada is not that advanced after all
28. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:05 0 1
bada is advanced. the reason they said it was not coming on tablets is either:
1. they know that Windows 8 will dominate the tablet market, therefore they see no reason with coming with a bada tablet.
2. they are working on a bada tablet, but only the top management knows about this.
40. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 07:26 2 0
1... hahaha, although possible, it is not likely
2... how in the world would you know anything about that?
42. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 07:30 0 1
45. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 07:39 1 0
2... HAH! Got a link to support that? I'd be interested to know...
47. remixfa posted on 19 Sep 2011, 07:48 0 0
no, its the same "insider" that he says he talked to that says google is going to push away all its manufacturing partners and go moto-google only.
its called.. he puts on a tin foil hat and talks to himself. :)
48. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 08:21 0 0
first, i'm not saying that google is going to push away it's partners. I'm saying that google's partners will leave Android and go for their own OSes. You will see this happen in 1/2 years, even though they are working on it right now, but it takes some time to release all the phones the manufacturers have in the pipeline.
I'm not going to give any links for my insider info, but i can assure you i do have some insider info.
51. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 09:04 2 0
I would probably like it if a lot if the OEM's managed to develop their own OS's... more choices. However, I doubt that it will happen that way. Has your "insider" ever predicted anything that turned out to become the truth?
56. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 09:22 0 1
My insider info has predicted several things in the mobile world that has been true ; )
72. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 12:34 0 0
63. remixfa posted on 19 Sep 2011, 11:52 0 0
that would never happen.. at some point its unsustainable. Too many different OS's means too much money put into everyone having to R&D their own OSs, make their own apps, so on and so forth. Also, if you were an app developer, would you spend your time making apps for 1 or 2 OS's that make up 60-80% of the market place, or 5 OS's that barely make up the other 20% combined?
People go where the apps are these days, which is why most of these boutique OS's will eventually fail.... including bada if it doesnt show real progress soon.
Samsung may want to push their own OS, but they can push all they want, if they cant get the market to buy it, they will dump it like a dirty diaper. Right now there are 3 huge obstacles in its way.. iOS, Android, and itself. The first 2 for obvious reasons, the third because bada looks so close to every other samsung android handset and is priced similarly. To the laymen that doesnt know any better looking at a galaxyS and a Wave3, which are essentially the same device, they will go for the galaxyS almost every time. Brand recognition, OS recognition, google navigation, and 300k apps vs 6k apps.
If bada wants to succeed, it needs to stop looking like a touchwiz enabled android phone and differentiate.
Peter may not wish it to be so, but it is so.
59. remixfa posted on 19 Sep 2011, 10:39 0 0
how do you link to a tinfoil hat? :) does he have his own myspace? or is he cool enough for facebook or G+? :)
10. PeterFromSwedin (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 21:44 4 2
What are you guys talking about!? I hate Bada!! Android Ftw!
18. Sam (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 02:02 1 0
Ha ha ha
66. Sam (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 14:18 0 1
Hey u fake peter
Peter loves bada more than his life lolz
11. ledbetterp3 posted on 18 Sep 2011, 21:47 3 1
So Bada is not even meant to be high-tech, it s just supposed to be affordable, there you go, Bada is not as good as other OS's and that's ok because it's not meant to be...
12. Man2006 (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2011, 22:02 1 0
I would love to get the Wave 3 but I just got the Sensation 4G three weeks ago.
73. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 12:38 0 0
Why wait for a Wave 4 when it will probably be almost identical to the existing Galaxy S II which will already be plentiful and cheap by then?
26. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:03 2 0
Take it easy, the time zone is different here in Sweden...
74. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 12:40 0 0
Yes, but if you want to cross swords with the American boys and girls, you need to sleep during your day and be awake and online during your night...
14. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 18 Sep 2011, 22:37 1 0
omg when is this coming to the us I need it bad! Lol pass I'll stick with the sgs2
15. remyrz posted on 18 Sep 2011, 23:22 0 0
Peter.. wherever you are ma men... this is for you~... ..>PhoneArenaCrew
75. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 12:41 0 0
... pumpkin eater...
17. Tarkio1 (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 01:03 1 0
It must be a time zone thing, cuz there is no way Pete's not gonna be all over this one lol.
20. Bluedroid posted on 19 Sep 2011, 02:23 1 1
May be peter hung himself in shame knowing his beloved os is nothing more than cheap s**t...
21. surya_020 (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 02:32 1 0
Peter...common we are waiting for your valuable comments... :D.any way the specs are very nice and design is also good...what can we say about Bada OS ?..a copy cat of Android or an inspiration from Android :D
36. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:46 1 1
bada is definitely not a copy cat of android. It does looks similar but that's because of touchwiz.
43. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 07:37 0 0
... kind of how HTC Sense makes their Android and WP7 handsets looks the same?
(note: this is a trick question... for those of you who would like to spill the beans, please don't spoil this moment for Pete... for those of you who say "well, hepresearch, you are spilling the proverbial beans by making this note", I will say this; I enjoy sarcasm... and I enjoy snap reactions even more... if Pete answers "yes" before he finishes reading this entire post, then I will laugh heartily.)
49. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 08:23 1 0
I think you trick question is that HTC has sense on Android, but only have sense as a seperate app on WP7, in other words HTc does not have sense on WP7 ?
53. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 09:06 0 0
hehehe... he... 8-P
22. Goldeneye posted on 19 Sep 2011, 02:44 0 0
Wow I'm really impressed how an article generates these many comments about a guy (peter) than the article content itself, we keep talking about this guy more than this thing we barely know about (bada) cause that's pretty much we know about it the name and that looks like a low end Android
32. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:18 0 0
What makes you think a 4 inch superamoled screen, 1.4 ghz processor in a metal and glas body is low end ?
23. peterfanPH (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 02:57 0 0
peter will be coming out in a few days. He is making final touch on bada 2. Figuring out how it could excel as an os. thanks.:)
54. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 09:15 0 0
76. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 12:43 0 0
24. BRED (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 04:25 1 1
Samsung copied its mobile offerings from the likes of apple and nokia. There lots of mobile devices from other companies with excellent features too. so i would rather buy from others than samsung. it is a copycat.
25. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:02 1 0
Now i'm here, As someone else mentioned the time time zone in sweden is different from that in the US.
Well, i'm happy that the Wave 3 will launch so quickly : )
And when it comes to the pricing, Samsung Sweden has said it will cost about 3500 Swedish Crowns. i don't know the dollar rate at the moment, but i guess you can figure it out.
Interesting that they say bada won't come on tablets. My guess is that either Samsung knows the tablet business will likely be dominated by Windows 8, or maybe they are working on a tablet, but only the top management at samsung knows about that.
33. PeterIfromsweden posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:30 0 0
On a side note: PhoneArena, do you have any news about which kind of processor Samsung is using in the Wave 3 ?
34. haikallp (unregistered) posted on 19 Sep 2011, 05:34 0 0
without a dobut, the Wave 3 has pretty impressive specs and hardware but Bada's ecosystem is quite pathetic. Lack of dev support and apps. Other than that, Bada is pretty good.