Samsung’s mysterious Windows 8 transforming tablet will be announced at IFA 2012
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2012, 02:49 posted on
Samsung teased us with a pretty unique concept when we look at upcoming Windows 8 devices - a tablet with a built-in stylus and a keyboard dock…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
@phonearena: here are few specs: 11.6 inch screen, 1080p resolution, stylus, sim card slot, magnetic hinged keyborad....trust my words
9. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
i read be4 that they have 11.6" screen at 1600p back when it rumors were about android tablet
2. hateftotti (Posts: 146; Member since: 03 May 2011)
It is innovation that Samsung respects it Not litigation.
3. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Apple's turn to copy and settle the score to 1 all :)
4. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
i think samsung is using the name "transform" for their upcoming WIndows 8 tablets.
"Galaxy" for Android.
"Transform" for Windows.
5. tigermcm (Posts: 750; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
this is why MS did the Surface, for companies like Samsung to come out with something better.
8. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
ur sentence is perfect for this news.
10. Nookie4u (Posts: 131; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
and they used to say Transformer Prime idea by Asus is useless. huh.
11. AdamLeonard (Posts: 45; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
I'm waiting for them to get sued by Asus for the Transform name.
15. Nookie4u (Posts: 131; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
oh, maybe you've heard before or not, Asus already got sued by Hasbro for using the name "Transformer Prime"
17. AdamLeonard (Posts: 45; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
Yes but Hasbro's claim is that ASUS's computer name is too similar to their line of toys and one of the character names. Asus would be complaining that Samsung is using a name for a tablet that is too similar to their tablet line. Big difference between those claims. Asus has a reasonable shot of winning both cases in my opinion. After all, we have United Airlines and United Vanlines sharing very similar names because they are in different product lines (both transportation but one for moving trucks the other an airline) so there's no reason why they can't win against Hasbro. Nobody is going to confuse a tablet with a truck that turns into a robot. But in the tablet market, it's reasonable to assume that there could be confusion between a Transform and a Transformer.
12. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I hope this is going to be the 11.6 incher with a very high resolution!
13. sonisoe (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 May 2009)
what about the processor ? hopefully not atom, otherwise, its as good as RT... i mean i know RT is a tablet OS like iPad, and windows pro is a full fledged PC OS, but atom is just useless, everyhthing is slow...
14. sonisoe (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 May 2009)
in general, there's no reason why you would get an android tablet or an ipad when you can get a windows 8 tablet... i've never tried kindle, but samsung tablets' ui is just terrible : stuttery, a bit unresponsive...i cant say its android, perhaps its the skin overlay by samsung...am getting a windows 8 tablet for sure...
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wonder if some company will make something that is able to dual boot with android?