Samsung's latest design patent could be showing us the Galaxy Note III
0. phoneArena 13 Aug 2013, 09:27 posted on
While specs arguably make half the decision for would-be Galaxy Note III buyers, a certain galling omission can hardly go unnoticed – we simply don't know how the phablet will end up looking like...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
29. omar300 (Posts: 181; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
so looks like one phone with stylus will have slightly curved display and other phone with display around the corner of the phone. if samsung pulls this off this year then i might hate samsung less than usual
31. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
The screen is taller than 16/9 that means the home button is on the screen
2. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Took me a bit....but to me that looks like the Sanyo Zio that was on sprint....minus the disgusting track ball of course
4. rallyguy (Posts: 546; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
There appears to be a stylus though. Could be for a new not tablet.
3. rallyguy (Posts: 546; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Looks promising. But I wonder if Samsung would wait for the patent to be approved before starting production.
23. roldefol (Posts: 2860; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
People patent things all the time before they hit the market. Heck, Edison Labs patented a whole slew of inventions that didn't even work, much less sell!
5. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
No side keys (volume rocker) also, there's no front physical buttons, kinda weird if you ask me.
6. mayur007 (Posts: 410; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I think yes it is, as in the 3rd pic thr is the curve of stylus left side down..
Design looks good to me..
16. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
they are competing with lumia 920 and lumia 1020 in bezels
so in short with Nokia
27. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Agree; side, angle, top/bottom view would have me guessing this was a Nokia if I didn't know otherwise.
8. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 148; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Looks real. The shape of the screen looks weird though. The left corners are sharp but the right ones are rounded. New tech, perhaps?
10. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
This then supports whats in my mind, flexible display, the one shown in mwc?
Nice observation! +1
24. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
More specifically the 900 or the 1020.
12. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 781; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
A new design wow i am excited
i like Samsung's design they just lack premium feel and glossy finish makes it looks cheap
all they have to do is just make it look premium like htc one,iPhone,Lumia 928 etc
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6440; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm diggin on the nice curve from top too bottom
14. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 425; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
It's kind of weird that Samsung puts some quite big bezels on the phone/phablet.
15. supraguy88 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
It looks like the screen actually curves around the side of phone somewhat. Flexible AMOLED? Also, the S-Cover has a cutout which might be for a notification area on the side of the screen. Interesting!
17. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
with metal housing this design would blow every phone in the market.
18. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
flexible display confirmed for Note 3
19. BooBooooooo (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I wish inside of flip cover would be flexible display
20. tedkord (Posts: 4739; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
A design patent doesn't mean its the next upcoming device. Could be a year or more down the line.
22. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
samsung and design ?????? Bwaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa.
26. amats69 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Oh wait..is this the 2012 flagship of htc?htc one x?
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 11230; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Looks like the old HTC designs. Evo 3G, sensation, and amaze come to mind.
33. Teeeyoo (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
No the design is somewhat related to Wave Series..
34. BooBooooooo (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
If the curved part of the display is used like task bar of windows, it would be a innovation !!
35. taikucing (unregistered)
Looks like the design department is not lazy this time.
37. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I'm thinking it's more a patent design for either the SGS5 or the Note 4. I'm pretty sure that the note 3 will favore the look of the gs4 to keep this evolutional look consistant. This just could be the next generation Galaxy style (2014). And even so, this is just a patent. Doesn't mean we'll see this anytime soon or even ever. Either way I love the rounded look and the lines it has. I look forward to this handset in what ever [if ever] form it takes.
Note 3 or something else... I'm personally waiting to get my hands on the next Note.