Samsung's first Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear commercial is very strange
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I thought the ad was great. It showed the capabilities of the phone and love the catchy remix at the end.
5. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I like the ad as well because it shows what the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear SmartWatch can do together. I dont care for the SmartWatch, but Its something worth buying once the price goes down on it.
BUT Im still upgrading to the Note 3 lol
6. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It's not even close to worth buying since the Omate Smartwatch exists
2. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I watched it without volume, so when the puppet show started at the end I imagined it to the tune of "Everyone Has AIDS."
8. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Aids will be a thing of the past in a few years. If you contracted HIV right now there's an extremely high chance you will live until the vaccine that is being tested right that has no side effects is released to the public, its in stage 2 trials right now.
9. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Sorry, I should've clarified that was a "Team America" reference. AIDS qua disease really has nothing to do with it.
4. Bootutu (Posts: 227; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Keep 'em coming PA lol....we get the message
7. one81one81 (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
PA, why don't you post full TVC (2:51 mins)!!! now i know why u feel this TVC is very strange.. because you watch edited version!!!
you guys can watch full TVC here at /watch?v=m4sTLfTKOGo
13. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
They should kept Annie Lennox as the vocals in the TVC.
10. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2260; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
.... i dont really see myself, looking at my watch, to see if i have notification,...why just look at your phone?
11. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I am still not sure why I need a watch to tell me there's a message on my smartphone. It's the same approach as how many people does it take to change a lightbulb.
12. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
This Smartwatch crap is hideous. Who the hell needs a watch on their wrist to tell them that their phone is vibrating in their pocket?
14. yooperboogs (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
The only reason i could see it being worth having is if you are in a meeting and you get emails and text all day long and say your wife calls or husband calls because your child is sick or something you can then answer it right away and ignore the rest. Or lets say you are in another room watch tv opposite of your phone for some reason (it happens to me a lot) and you receive a message from someone you dont really care about you can chose to ignore it rather than getting up and checking every time your phone goes off.
17. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Checking smartphone is bad, but checking smart watch is okay? Hmmm.
23. jaychildz (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Yea it's like an earpiece telling you what's going on when you're not there i hope its HTC compatible. It's actually kinda useful and cool but hey to eachs own
15. one81one81 (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
this watch is companion for your smartphone so you have an option not to buy it if you don't like it... and maybe you should think out of the box.. not all people carry their smartphone all the time and not all people carry smartphone in their pocket (some of them put in their bag especially ladies or maybe they just leave it in the table).. with this smartwatch, it easy for them to alert on any important calls/message/email... and by the way this is how technologies developed and evolved... sometime we think it's useless but who knows one day it will change our lifestyle and how we communicate... IMHO
16. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Maybe, if you did think inside the box for a change, then you would understand or empathize with our basic and simple concern. Let's say you bought the optional, companion piece and it's main purpose is to alert you of an important phone call when you didn't carry your smart phone.
Okay, Einstein -- since you are so damn smart and we are so damn stupid -- how are you going to return that very important call without your phone if you are in the middle of nowhere? (figuratively speaking)
Think outside the box my butt!!
21. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Aww, your logic was shot down in flames and now you're upset.
You should stay inside that closed minded box while the rest of us live in a world outside of it, a world where a voicemail could be converted to text and sent to your smart watch so you won't need your phone to get the message. There's supposed to be at least 70 apps for the watch and more being created, but if all you can see is 1, stay in that box of yours. There's a ton of applications for smart watches but because you don't like Samsung, you can't see them.
24. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Again, it's how many people does it take to change a lightbulb.
Suppose you needed to return the phone call, but you don't have the phone with you. That is the argument. You are just playing a game of semantics.
26. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Says the king of semantics. Like I said, there's at least 70 apps for this. But hey, keep focusing on only one thing if you want.
27. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Now, you are being unctuous.
You can't text back.
You can't call back.
You can't surf the internet.
And the list goes on.
As for Apps, Blackberry had thousands of apps, but one company wrote thousands of these apps that ended up being useless.
You're being a broken record as if repeating the same argument adds your position besides your on-going game of semantics.
20. bucky (Posts: 2476; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I agree there no matter who makes it. I don't see the real need or function that it has over my phone
18. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Wow, Are on Samsung Attach Week Michael? Okay. What happened to that Michael who will check for the facts before posting a story, the Michael who will write his own article instead of taking stories from other websites?
I miss that Michael.
19. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 660; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Someone stated their opinion that the add was odd, and you just went along with it. What really happened to that Michael who had his own opinion and stated that it's just his own opinion?
22. ChafedBanana (Posts: 368; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Soon it will be against the law to wear a watch while driving.
25. esperanza (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
I think the full length version is a little bit better.