Samsung's event question: are we seeing live demos?
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1343; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
its very cheesy , and feels a bit like the ipad 3 event and the siri demo ....
3. wp8forever (unregistered)
Htc one or iphone 5 is the way to go ppl this is the biggest dissapointment , same crap as the s3 no way samcrap
5. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol sorry Sammy...Nokia beat you too it with that sensitive screen..and LG has dual camera
6. blingblingthing (Posts: 432; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Not fake, they are now allowing people to use the Galaxy S4 now
8. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I like it and will be looking forward to getting one.
9. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
SO cringe worthy, but kinda entertaining and fun.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I see that majority of features are just a software gimmicks (bloatware). :(
15. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yeah, it probably has like 30 apps of bloat to start off with, more than what most people use in total.
31. nard0207 (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
You can just root it and install a custom ROM anyway.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I know, I just say that majority of a new features are just a software gimmicks.
11. TheMan (Posts: 402; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
It definitely was not a live demo of the language translator
16. amats69 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
mind conditioning....you can cry now! LMAO...EPIC FAIL !
13. bobolicious (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
when can we get one? is there a day and time it will be able to be purchased?
14. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved the announcement. Wasn't blown away by the phone but I was blown away by the announcement. The features seemed cool the specs are top notch but I just don't love the way it looks.
I don't really care if the demos are live are not.
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I have to say the S4 is a Great upgrade, announce was weird but overall nice, I can see lots of people using some of those features... Except the translation and SOME camera features... They should be burnt with fire! With fire I tell you
32. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
If the translation works well its great. If it doesn't then I agree. I really like the dual camera thats kinda neat.
33. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
For video chat is nice, for pictures and videos.. I doubt it for some reason and translation was in 9 languages, compared with Google translate it makes me wonder why would they spend money on something android already has a good service for
19. DerryAhmad (Posts: 243; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I just noticed this. The announcement was fun. But it'd have been nice to see a live demo.
Kinda disappointed with the lack of hardware innovation. But the software/apps are pretty useful. Some of them are Blackberry'esque (Knox/Blackberry Balance, Screen Sharing), Sony-esque (air View/Floating touch), Nokia (Smart Shoot/Erase).
But I also enjoyed some of the new apps like Story Album that can be made into (paid) hardcopies. S-Translator, Picture and Sound, and that Air Gestures looks like magic!
21. MartianMe (unregistered)
the women were the only thing i liked .
22. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
we, loyal samsung lovers, have been betrayed by samsung!
24. moe53 (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
if an app surfaces that gives the s3 the same software, you'll have almost identical phones!
26. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
DISAPPOINTING! Samsung, why? why?
27. blingblingthing (Posts: 432; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I'm not even a Samsung fan and I'm impressed. What were you expecting?
28. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The design, which is everyone disappointed about, the features were great though.
30. andro. (Posts: 1947; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Yes i secomd that,features are great, but the design is the bummer. i can in no way condone a company follow apples lead and not change a handset design year after after. Its gonna be iphone 5s this year anyhow so more of the same. 2013 is looking slightly less exciting tech wise now
34. blingblingthing (Posts: 432; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
OK. Fair enough.
I personally have no issues with their design cues.
But to each his own.
36. abbas1997 (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i was hoping more from samsung...u dissapointed all of us..... im going for the htc one......
and its not like the siv.....it looks like the s3s is here