Samsung's affordable Galaxy S Duos 3 runs KitKat, offers low-end features
0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2014, 14:55 posted on
The Galaxy S Duos 3 is Samsung's latest dual SIM Android smartphone. At the moment, it's available to buy only in India...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It'll be interesting to see in a couple weeks what you get with a $100 or less Android One phone compared to this Samsung and the various Chinese brands.
2. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Google prices it's products differently from region to another. When the Nexus 5 16gb was released for $350 in the US, you couldn't find it for less than $600 here in Lebanon.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The variation in prices in different countries is a strange puzzle. When you want a Nexus or other device, do you end up having a friend buy it for you in the US and ship it? Or do you actually wait for it to be available locally?
7. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I never owned a Nexus before, the on screen buttons are a big no no for me, add to that the fact that I tried pure android on my previous Optimis 2x and S2 and I always found it boring. Still, when the Nexus 5 was released my wife was torn between getting the G2 or N5, but she ended with the G2, and just for the sake od curiosity I went and checked the prices back in Lebanon and some were asking around $850 for it back then. And as I remember, the Nexus S was easily found in retail stores but was still sold for $700.
5. hassoups (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
i saw it priced for 470 last month during my holiday in beirut, the week after it saw it for 365 in the south, things are priced so differently from one region to another in tiny lebanon itself. Thank God for Australia and its contracts.
6. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Considering that it was released in late 2013, it is still expensive compared to what it was initially offered for in the States.
3. Pattyface (Posts: 1519; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
How does this phone perform? I'd imagine with touchwiz and these specs it's not a smooth experience. Maybe it would be offset with its less than taxing features.
9. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Just take a look at Ace 4 videos. It's completely the same phone. Except for dual-sim capability.
8. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
God, their phones look so generic and boring. I can't even tell apart this phone from other low-end offerings. :(
10. wedhos (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
This handset has been certified postel Indonesia and is rumored to be sold starting mid september at a price of 1.5 million in Indonesia country
11. Mube007 (Posts: 235; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
samsuck u r out of mind .only software upgrade and changing its name to dous3, is it justified?
13. NioSenpai (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
No! They changed the ram from 768 to 512! :)
12. NioSenpai (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Err Hello! Phone Arena!
I am sure the last S Duos 2 is768mb ram and U post S Duos 3 with 512mb ram???
14. kanagadeepan (Posts: 910; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
So they reduced RAM from 768MB in Galaxy S Duos2 to 512MB and call it as upgraded phone with name S Duos 3???? OH..Ho... Google said KitKat runs good in 512MB device, so you shamelessly reduced RAM??? But Google didn't said 512MB RAM is OK with BloatWiz UI...
16. dimas (Posts: 1910; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
And the refrigerator design strikes again. I think people are smart and rather wait for android one line ups than buy this. 512 mb ram? Sammy what are you thinking?
17. Suo.Eno (Posts: 480; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
So let me get this straight...
This thing are 3 ways sh*ttier than say my old GT-I9100G, my current Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 and let's not even begin to talk about the international S3 GT-I9300 which got auto EoL-ed at 4.3, yet somehow a friggin' 1.0Ghz dual core + 512Mb RAM are "magically" able to run a Tw-ized 4.4 build?
There's some food for thought for you apologists/Exynos fans.
18. Amosthecoolboy (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
i am waiting for KitKat for S Duos 2 GT S7582 and Jelly Bean for S Duos GT S7562.