Samsung's SCH-W2013 is a high priced, dual-screen flip phone
0. phoneArena 23 Nov 2012, 14:14 posted on
The sequel to last year's SCH-W999, the Samsung SCH-W2013 is a dual-screen flip phone that will suck your wallet dry; expected to rock with a quad-core Samsung Exynos 4412 under the hood and a dual 3.7 inch WVGA displays with 2GB of RAM on board...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i think it's beautiful. qwerty, slideouts have been revived already... this is innovation, believe it or not.
if you don't want the numeric keypad, there's a 3.7" screen anyway.
not for hardcore fans, but it looks premium like hell.
opinion only, haters gonna hate
39. JC557 (Posts: 1312; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Not quite innovation as this design has been around for a while now. It's just that the US hasn't seen such phones.
36. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Man.. it is not a disgusting phone. Come on! its innovative, and creative as well! I may be getting something like that!
40. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 883; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Can we please make innovation a banned word on phone arena? Its cool looking and something a lot of people would want over a complete touch screen phone. But its not innovation. Its a redesigned phone from 4 years ago.
3. HTCFreak (Posts: 156; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
Really, Sammy? An Android smartphone with [abc] keys? oh god...
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3587; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's called alpha-numeric keypad... I seriously don't understand the combination! And there's ICS on it too...would love to see how it turns out to type it in landscape mode, lol.
4. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
Lol I kinda like it but I just can't see myself with a flip phone in 2013
7. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I think it's nice and unique and would be good for those who want a really compact phone.
But definitely not for me. xD
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3587; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Man, at $2,900
USD i can be rich with the GSIII, HOX+, Lumia 920, Nexus 10 and still i'll be left with some more cash to get high with...
20. rsxl5 (Posts: 65; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
They are still quite popular in China (as far as I know in Japan as well).
24. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Me too. After seeing this, I suddenly missed my Motorola v8. Being an Android user for so many years now, it feels nostalgic to see these kind of phones nowadays that I used to have 5 years ago.
5. Dandroid15 (Posts: 8; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Ive been to China not long ago and its one of the most popular handsets there!among the rich people of coarse.
6. Dandroid15 (Posts: 8; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I take take that back.more like filthy rich!
8. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
They're able to fit better internals for a smaller 3.7 inch screen than the 4 inch S3 Mini, I don't get it!
9. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
That's the first Samsung I've wanted to buy in a while.
10. mydi.maus (unregistered)
with a price tag $2,900 makes iphone and gslll a toy..
12. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
this looks like a executive phone, not all executives are tech savvy. flip phones are also still very popular in japan and china. this is the first time i see a high end specs flip phones
22. yajia1 (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
What? Executive phone?! Well good luck typing your e-mails and reports on that 1/abc alpha-numeric keyboard!!! Ridiculous!
25. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
do you know executive's lifestyle ? they use phones only for call and short texts. email and reports, iPad or ultra book. they're rich anyway they want an elegant symbol, that's china
13. toiletcleaner (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
"the phone is being produced in conjunction with a charity concert" U are not buying just a phone. u are helping a charity, is like donating $3000 but u are getting a free phone, they are not selling the phone
15. redmd (Posts: 1210; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
correct but it seems many don't understand the concept.
16. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's really difficult to appreciate the relative size of this device; it might help if PhoneArena gave away a free one?
17. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why would anyone needs the 'extra' alphanumeric keypad on a android smartphone ? China people totally have no taste
31. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
duh! The phone is tenured to certain consumers specifically the filthy rich one, at that price the filthy rich are the only sensible one to buy it. Get it?
19. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
personally i could find alot better things to spend 2900 bucks on....like someone to smack the people upside the head who made this over priced under powered hunk of price gouging!
21. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
if it was like 3 inches screen i will say.. its o.k.. maybe its for ppl that dont like a big phone... likw i dont like 5 inch phone.. i wans 4.3'' but all those phone is not an high rnd phone...
but its 3.7'' its not a small size phone... (small like no a smart phone.. the old nokia, sony errocson and ect...)
23. yajia1 (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
ERMEHGERD. Kill the people who designed the phone. They could have at least made the keyboard the other screen not outside the flip! Everybody wanted a flip phone so you can just throw the phone inside your bag and not worry to scratch the screen. While I understand the price because it's for charity, I don't understand the design. Stupid Samsung.
27. osanilevich (Posts: 282; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
if its good enough for Jackie Chan, its good enough for me!
29. Imaxxacre (Posts: 71; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
Looks like an interesting phone, but It seems to be several steps backwards from the current handset designs
33. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Wow reminds me of the time when nokia was kicking samsungs as: big time. Someone must be feeling nostalgic...
34. lolwoot (Posts: 27; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
LOL nokia Orro twices good looking than this.
35. persondude11 (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Jul 2010)
umm didn't Samsung already try a dual screen phone with the Samsung upstage....
37. aco96 (Posts: 239; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Outstanding design. i would like to see more high-end flip phones :D
41. TritonForceX (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
I'm sorry, that just looks too much like an iPhone to me. I mean, come on, it's black. It has writing on it. It's overpriced. I heard from someone who may have heard from someone that an Apple janitor mentioned dual-screen flip iPhones during a dream he had one night at a strip club, which was enough evidence to secure several hundred patents, including a patent that covers other ideas from anyone at Apple simply by belching one out. STOP COPYING APPLE DAMMIT!
(Thumbs down your own reply if anyone thinks I'm serious, lol)
42. vanessaelizebeth (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Flip phones are very popular in regions such as China.I personally miss it ,They are not popular where i Am.
43. vanessaelizebeth (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
I heard that, this phone is for charity purpose, for those rich guys to buy.. lol
44. kennylu (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
i'm using this phone. two sim card may be it's only feature.