Samsung's Quad HD Galaxy S5 LTE-A isn't much more expensive than the regular S5
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2014, 01:11 posted on
The Galaxy S5 LTE-A will be released in South Korea before the end of June as Samsung's first Quad HD smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Isn't it possible to ship these out of South Korea into the US and around the world? Would they work with the US networks?
5. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Note 4 will be launched in few months, It will be D KING of electronic devices of all eras, why bother?
19. korean411 (Posts: 78; Member since: 04 May 2009)
i think you meant the note 4 not the s6 lol. i am sure the s6 will come out around april of next year
10. Aploine (Posts: 426; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Maybe there will be latter international versions like last year's S4, E330 LTE-A for Korea, then S4 I9506 LTE+ for Europe
18. korean411 (Posts: 78; Member since: 04 May 2009)
no because south korea is using a better variant of LTE which is LTE-A which we don't have. In short terms. the companies here can't really use it.
21. drunkenjay (Posts: 897; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
well the g3 is sold on ebay so the galaxy s5 with 805 snapdragon will come out on ebay as well. the lte SHOULD be available for some american bands but you have to check with the seller.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I can't be the only one who thought it looked like she was about to get strangled in the article thumbnail.
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I guess the S5 GPE will be announced next week at Google I/O. It now seems like something of a letdown.
7. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
here in india galaxy s5 price has been dropped to $640.....and it was launched at $820..... hope they launch s5 lte a variant in india....
9. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
When India doesn't even have LTE (I know only a few cities have with limited coverage), why should they launch a LTE-A variant here?
LTE coverage in India is less than 0.1%, having LTE/LTE-A phones in India is useless. They better first provide 3G properly.
12. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
I know right. They really need to work on the 3G so it works flawlessly everywhere plus no dropping calls. LTE will follow latter, but I have a feeling its gonna be expensive...you gonna be recharging your money a lot more.
14. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
do indians buy that expensive phone?? I have seen indians are very cautious on spending money... it seems like most of them think 1000 times before spending even a 1$
20. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Only the rich....they richer than most Americans. The poor and middle class can only use low grade phones. There are many who buy these phones..otherwise Samsung has no profit in selling there. Then again most of the low grade phones are made by Samsung.
8. engamjad (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
I always wonder, why LG and Samsung always in Korea very expensive compared to any country, is it because of taxes or quality or what
13. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Thats just launch price....I bet they sell it for a lot less afterwards. Its to fool Americans into buying it at a more expensive price than its actually worth. :P
15. a961009 (Posts: 120; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
That's nonsense. It's because of the trend in Korea. ONLY EXPENSIVE PHONES ARE SELLING WELL IN KOREA. IF CHEAP,PPL WILL NOT BUY AS THEY LOVE PREMIUM.
11. feeth (Posts: 20; Member since: 14 Jun 2014)
not much difference... nearly 10% at phone already priced so damn high...
16. Loubielou (Posts: 508; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung will wait until Apple announce the iphone 6 release date,an we will get either Galaxy Prime or Galaxy F released by Samsung,with the Galaxy Note 4 as well
17. Yassham (Posts: 28; Member since: 09 Jan 2011)
Hope this will come to France, supporting 4G+ of Bouygues Telecom where no other smartphone is compatible at this moment.