Samsung's "Next Big Thing" to be revealed in the Big Apple on October 24th
0. phoneArena 27 Sep 2012, 13:14 posted on
Back in the waning days of August, just prior to the the IFA show in Berlin, Samsung introduced the Samsung GALAXY Note II; it looks like another event for the device is being planned for the U.S. with new invitations showing an October 24th date for the manufacturer to reveal "The Next Big Thing"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PAPINYC (Posts: 1958; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I just did an Oooooopsy in my drawers'!
Sent from my Blazin' DROID™ RAZR™ MAXX™
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow this phone is going to be EPIC. I just really can't get over the BOSS 5.5" RGB 720p Super AMOLED HD screen. I might just have to get it & root it. I have been on XDA & the support for the original Note is GREAT. That means that the support for the Note II will be EVEN better.
PAPINYC I am with you. lol
9. PAPINYC (Posts: 1958; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Someone (iZealous Fool) thumbed you down but, I thumbed you up.
I will be first on-line on launch day (even though I might appear to others as a little white fluffy and lost mammal waiting to be lead) and I will gladly pay full retail for the G-Note II because, as we can see, I have no subsidies remaining (wouldn't want to lose my grandfathered Unlimited Data on Verizon anyway).
Congrats to all future G-Note II owners: GODSPEED!
39. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
I will be purchasing this device on day one of launch. I will be adding this to my already industry leading Galaxy S3 on Tmobile. This device is to good for Verizon all they will do is mess it up with childish unnecessary branding. Glad I kicked Verizon to the curb June 28th. Unlimited data on Tmobile and it's HSPA PLUS 42MPS network is simply perfect the all purpose entertainment device.
20. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
If the HTC 5" phone is a Nexus phone, the Note II and HTC Nexus 5 will decimate all.......... The specs for them are just sick!
26. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Interesting how things have gone quiet regarding the HTC 5 incher, though. Initially there was a flurry of reporting, but now silence.
27. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the support for the note2 should put the note1's support to shame for one simple reason... its the SAME CHIPSET as the overseas version..WOOO HOOO EXYNOS!!! :)
So now one Rom can go across pretty much every GSM Note2. A few tweaks and it should be CDMA capable as well. The development should be massive. Supersized nexus ++++
30. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That is exactly what I am looking for. A GIANT BEAST Nexus. lol
32. SleepingOz (Posts: 2380; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Such an EXYNOS fanboy! lol, you're not alone though. NOTE II, HERE I COME!
36. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 239; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I gave you a thumb down because I want this phone more than you. Also, the nexus 5 Andro!!! Instant pure android replacement! Also, the note 2 is like going to a strip club with sweats and no undies on. lol Just like Papinyinc said...major pants mess lol
38. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Next Giant Thing is coming to block iPhone view.
3. StephenElop (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
The Next big thing is here..
We are introducing the Samsung Galaxy Lumia S3 Windows Phone 8X!
6. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Lol my upgrade is available on Oct. 24th.. Oh please carry it AT&T =)
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3447; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It's already confirmed to come out on ALL U.S. carriers. Just like the Samsung Galaxy S III.
So you are good to go! lol
8. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
They will Ravail!! My upgrade eligibility isnt for another month or 2 so Im really looking forward to it. This phone was made for me because we big men need a phone that describes us. Theres no way a guy like me (6'7" 240lbs) is carrying a phone that I have to squint my eyes to..in order to view NetFlix or Play Angry Birds!!
Not to mention that the amount of productivity that you can do with this phone will be EPIC!!!
29. McLTE (Posts: 612; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Get a room! :P
Coming from a guy that's 6'8"! lol
10. KickRocks (Posts: 95; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Now THIS is what I have been waiting for. Something really to get excited a bit over. I have been waiting for this news so I can grab this on At&t and drop sprint in the process. Hail to the note 2
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Got my fingers crossed hoping for a release date of the GN II on VZW shortly after the 24th....
13. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Id say before thansgiving for Verizon.............as it should be for every other carrier thats carrying the Note II
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Hopefully early November. Although if the GN II is available on all carriers at the same time, then late November would be tolerable. It would be really demoralizing if AT&T has the GN II early November, with VZW getting it late November. Fortunately, Sammy seems to have learned how to do a product release.
Maybe release dates will be announced on the 24th? One can always hope.
23. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
sometimes it depends on the carrier. AT&T may have a software push for the Note II thats quicker to load than Verizon. We're on the lowest end of the totem pole so we may never know why it happens that way
BUT as an AT&T subscriber, our carriers have some differences, but believe me when I tell you that the Note II may sell a record number of phones for Verizon. You shouldve never got the iPhone just because of all of the hype that went on within AT&T..................BUT this phone should worth all of the hype is its as good as advertised!!!
12. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Christmas will be good to me this year because I'll be able to renew my contract with AT&T and I already know what phone Im getting!! This phone is perfect for a guy like me (6'7" 240lbs) Hopefully they'll have more than the 2 colors they are available overseas. If I get this in black................i'll keep this phone for the full 2yr contract lol
14. ayephoner (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
wasnt this the motto for the gnex announcement last year? do they use this for every samsung announcement?
if not, it could confirm the multinex theory.
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I at first thought the Note was too big. But I see this skinny girl from work that has one and she loves it. She said she doesnt have any problems with using it. I may consider the Note 2 if I stick with Sprint or otherwise am still on a contract carrier. I have contemplated going Prepaid, and whether to go Virgin Mobile and an Evo V or go something like Straight Talk and get an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with it. Any suggestions?
21. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Any of the major carriers will give you much better overall service than Virgin or Straight Talk. They just don't have access to near the towers VZW, ATT, Sprint, or even TMo do..... Don't do it man.
35. boss_king (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Dont do it bro sprint does suck i have them now and will be going back to tmobile the best thing you could do is switch carriers even if you under a 2year contarct and go else where tmo has great HSPA+ its fast as LTE and 2013 looks very good for them they will soon have LTE ADVANCED and the next new nexus will be in google play store and come unlocked stay away from CDMA
16. AnnDroid (Posts: 51; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Absolutely gitty over these specs. And I've read that it has, if not the best, one of the best speakers. Very important for podcasts and movies!!!! GIVE ME.
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not to mention large enough screen real estate to be able to actually watch the content.
17. KickRocks (Posts: 95; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
This is why me and millions of other people love ANDROID!! Freedom of CHOICE!
28. gnex2011 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
This is going to be huge!! I just wish I could upgrade before August next year because this thing is going to cost a fortune! But we'll worth it
Saw a video samsung made of the note 2 with all the features of the newly improved
S-pen and it looks amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on this thing.
33. darkvadervip (Posts: 261; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
A big phone wow. I'm waiting on the windows phones something different! What's the point of buying a phone that's not comfortable in a phone holder. I got the 1st one and dislike it. I rather use my sg3 but each to its own. I rather wait.lol
34. boss_king (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
GALAXY NOTE II & RUMORED HTC NEXUS 5" BEAST will be the smartphones of the YEAR its a very excited year to be a tech lover APPLE you fail again sorry rotten apple fan boys.
37. doejon (Posts: 290; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
titanium grey note 2 u will be mineeeeeeeeeeeeee :D cant wait
40. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If this is THE NOTE II glad i waited this long for this announcement if the price is right I'LL BUY IT
42. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well the Note 1 got the world by storm and this Note 2 will not sell as good as the Note 1.... trust me on this one drooling fandroids...
43. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1803; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Go troll somewhere else, fool. Based simply on the fact that the GN2 will be on all the major carriers & even some reginal carriers as opposed to just AT&T & a limited run on T-Mobile, it will do way more. Also, consider the fact that it will be available on more international carriers & it will easily do double the numbers of the original. No sense in making silly, illogical statements.
45. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the LG Optimus are also available on very carrier from A-Z.. and sales haven really skyrocketed...
46. Riven (Posts: 25; Member since: 25 May 2012)
You answered your own problem: its LG thats why it aint sellin ;P