Samsung's Kid Store for Samsung Galaxy S5 won't let junior wipe out your bank account
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2014, 21:23 posted on
The Kids Mode that we earlier told you about for the Samsung Galaxy S5 will include apps allowing kids to draw, record their voices, snap pictures and sing karaoke. But there also is a special Kids Store that gives the young ones a chance to load more fun and games on a Galaxy S5. One thing that Samsung wanted to prevent was situations where junior would figure out a password and start making in-app purchasers that wipe out the family bank account...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Props to Samsung but original credit goes to Kid's Corner on WP.
2. maherk (Posts: 3759; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Not really, the Fuhu Nabi tablets had that before. They are the best when it comes to this matter, I have the Nabi jr for my daughter, rich app store, simplified UI for kids.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
We sell those at our store. Bought one on Black Friday with my discount and it's not bad. Samsung finally realized children = $$$$$$.
4. chocowii (Posts: 445; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
As additional, game ratings should help as what ESRB is doing. Games that is not suitable for younger persons, free or paid, should also be protected by passwords as such.
5. sip1995 (Posts: 1575; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Why this feature reminds me the "Kids corner" from windows phone.
7. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
Good idea samsung, Now I only wish there was a general android store that banned in-app purchases. If only Game Consoles banned them....
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I guess this is fine, but if you just use Google Play and set it up to require your account passcode, then you are set...just seems like more unnecessary to me...