Samsung's "It doesn't take a genius" ad parodied by Apple iPhone supporters
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2012, 10:20 posted on
Samsung's new ad comparing the features on its flagship Samsung Galaxy S III with those on the Apple iPhone 5 has touched a chord among Apple iPhone fans who have responded with some parodies of the Samsung ad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
92. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Much in line with Apple philosophy the followers just stole the ad made cosmetic changes and called it their own ... what a makred similarity in thought process :D
93. Just_Root_it (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Apple = A prank phone leader in Economy...take that
95. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I think only chink in Samsung's armour now is their continous use of cheap plastics in their flagship phones............ Samsung should change it's strategy with their next flagship phone, and should use premium materials atleast for their flagships............... And ya samsung we expect better design from you next time............
96. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Though iFans are defending iPhone 5 with all their might, but inside their heart they are also feeling let down by the launch of 'iPhone 4S stretched'........... I have visited many apple centric sites and blogs and have seen comments of many iFans. Over there, and majority of them were sad and angry on Apple for releasing just a incremental update over iPhone 4s.............
98. Jynto (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
In the interest of balance and neutrality, I've created the final version of this table to show how pointless this fanboy war really is.
I tried to find more features for the iPhone, so I found they came out roughly equal. I also added metric conversions to the measurements, and removed all mentions of 'HD' from both. I took away minor features like 'tilt to zoom' from the Galaxy, because I'm sure the iPhone has plenty of those too. Some of it was based on Alex Schot's modification. I also included the most important (to some people) feature. And yes, you can play Angry Birds on both.
Feel free to share this around the internet.
107. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
fair enough, you must have added that android has integration with any social network as long as there is an app for it
123. BattleBrat (Posts: 884; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmm social network support was built into my RAZR, no apps needed, you just log in.
Your work on the parody was clean, no artifacts, good work!
134. kew01 (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I like how you added an extra line to the iPhone's list just to have it bigger than Samsung's. A non feature ofc, what else ;).
99. JunkCreek (Posts: 379; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Everyone, this is NOT iPhone 4S-tretched but THIS IS iPhone 5-tretched. Please at least, respect to the given name!
101. regkilla (Posts: 56; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Quad Core or Dual Core? Make up your minds already!
105. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They cannot differentiate .. Apple keeps saying repeatedly :D
102. abhijeit (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
If apple is sooo much interested in the looks department, den the award undoubtedly goes to Nokia N9, or Lumia 920!!!! STFU apple...same design every year huh!!! WTF do u do throughout the year...y dont u design ur product instead of designing plans for suing people!!!!
104. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2864; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Just to make it clear, I plan on getting the iPhone 5! As a back up phone for my SGS3. Lol
109. justaphone (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
IPhone 5 - 1601
So much for the spec sheet....
135. kew01 (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I wonder how can they compare a phone optimised for QUAD CORE with a phone optimised for DUAL CORE in a DUAL CORE Benchmark?
Or maybe I don't understand how that benchmark works?
And wasn't that S3's score for ICS and not for JB? I think I've read somewhere that with JB, S3 scored over 1700.
113. nwright94 (unregistered)
To all the people saying it: there is not just 450k apps for the iPhone. There's 700k. The 250k apps made for iPad are a standalone number, not subtracted from that 700k. No one remembers when apple heralded 500k apps passed for iPhone? So did they all the sudden lose 50k apps? Use your brains people. But other than that most things everyone is saying is accurate, just not the apps. Don't try to twist around facts, even if you dislike the phone. Now I'm just waiting for my lumia to get more than 100k apps :)
122. doejon (Posts: 311; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
what will the ifanboys will do if the galaxy s4 next year will come
in alu kevlar unibody? hahaha looking forward to hear realy silly nonsense
s3 is the winner
130. c.hack (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
I think you just have to read your posts to hear the really silly nonsense.
124. MrNobodyWTB (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Once again Apple fanboys go crazy over fact and try to market theirs as technically superior, when they can't even get a basic technical specification right.
Fans of apple have even been raving about their "totally different plug" having host capabilities and the abiliity to now hook up keyboads, mice etc. when other phones have had that capabliity for a while now.
131. soullinker20 (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
i'm an iphone user but I would not say it is superior than the s3 .. design wise it's a close call for me. but i have yet to decide which to purchase.. if the batt life of the s3 is on par or much better than the ip5 on a 2G then i'll take it!
anyway how long does the batt of the s3 last compare to ip4s
133. mib1800 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
SGS3 vs IP5
IP5 MISSING ALL of following:
- bigger 4.8in + AMOLED screen
- storage upto 96GB (32Gb + 64Gb external)
- removable battery
- better 2MP front camera + more functional camera app
- USB To Go (direct connect to portable drive, keyboard, game controller, usb-hub etc)
- unrestricted BlueTooth
- DLNA / Allshare / AllCast
- NFC - direct share/beam, automate phone tasks with TecTiles/tags, NFC payment
- HDMI out (video and UI)
- standard USB-port (no need for proprietary and expensive adapters/cables)
- One touch dial/sms (via desktop shortcuts) + Speed dial with phone keypad
- Picture contact/log (incl. grid view) and unlimited call log
- contact sync/integration with fb,tw,skype,g+ etc
- 3G-standard video call
- Motion: Flip to silent, Pick-to-call, Touch for missed call/sms, Tilt to zoom, double-tap to scroll
- multi-purpose LED indicator
- Smart Stay (keep screen on via face detection)
- Built-in call-blocker (to keep away unwanted calls)
- Unrestricted internal storage access via USB (or other connectivity methods)
- Full email attachment support
- various desktop launcher UI to cater to any taste
- Widgets (one-glance for essential info)
- Live Wallpaper (aesthetic)
- Lock Screen direct launch
- Quick Toggles in Notification
- Full Multi-Tasking
- Back button for easier back navigation (+ reduces screen space wastage)
- Replaceable keyboard (swype/T9/variants etc)
- Non-centralized settings :p
- Various media format support (avi, divx, mkv etc) - no need for tedious itunes conversion
- Web-broswer text reflow (+Flash support)
- UI Font Type/Size selection
APPS (not possible for IOS due to limitations/restrictions)
- Side-loading of apps + browser-based app installation
- Better Google-based services/apps
- Free 50GB drop-box storage
- Plug-and-Play (seamlessly replace built-in apps with 3rd party)
- Intents (manually choose which installed app to launch based on content-type)
- Automation-type apps e.g.
o automaticly switch phone settings (vol, bt, wifi etc) based on events/states/gps/nfc
o phone call recording
o NFC tasks (tectiles) - e.g. tap to call/sms directly (or change phone settings)
o schedule auto send sms/email based on events (birthday, meeting reminders etc)
o auto check-in, auto upload photos/info
136. kew01 (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Oh snap... you just won the interwebs!
I tip my hat in respect. Have a nice day my good Sir, have a nice day.
162. flamencoguy (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
Not to mention expensive non-std non-USB connection for charging and data transfer. Locks you in to their products so they can GOUGE you. EU has mandated that microUSB to be the mobile std for charging and data transfer
139. E34V8 (Posts: 39; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
IFans don't even know their own hardware :) . A6 QuadCore lol !
152. b3roldan (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
I had to scratch my head on that one... always figured it was only DualCore. But giving Apple the benefit of the doubt ... quad-core 1Ghz is still lower than 1.4Ghz SGSIII.
161. flamencoguy (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
A6 is dual core base on ARM A15
141. app_droid_soft (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
android folks buy galaxy s3 and settle for cheap plastic...cheapos!
142. whysoserious (Posts: 313; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Apple folks buy iPhone 5 and settle for an erected version of iPhone 4...lame!
158. flamencoguy (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
It's what's inside that counts! Just like what is in between your ears. Tell me you don't have any plastic anywhere in your home or car?
Metal impedes radio signals. Not the best material for Wifi or phone reception. And maybe we are just smart shoppers who aren't dumb enough to give away money for the perceived status symbol. Maybe iFolks are even insecure and need a crutch to make you feel worthy.
150. b3roldan (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
I agree that it is not necessarily a Spec game, I'm still using my good old Galaxy S2 and did not jump for the latest gadgets out there this year and am still able to experience all the features in the S3 with the exception of the NFC because that is hardware based. Apple has to market their product with a focus on the user experience over specs because they know they didn't cut it in terms of being leading-edge in technology.
The ONLY improvements Apple should be able to claim over the old iPhone is the screen size and LTE. Both of which were already claimed milestones by the competition.
For the rest (Siri, Face detection, Panorama, video stabilization, Take still photos while recording, EarPods) are all in the software and CAN be implemented to older iPhones. Apple patrons should be miffed and unpleased with the fact that Apple left them behind and is forcing them to upgrade. I would be surprised if they improved Siri and Apple Maps and made it exclusive to iPhone5s or iPhone 6. Apple patrons... be ready for this.
Deciding to get either an Android or Apple smartphone requires much deliberation because once you have spent much of your hard-earned cash on Apps, you are more inclined to stay with the respective market. If you have spent hundreds or thousands on apps purchased in the Apple app store, I doubt you'd allow yourself to throw all that away buy jumping ship to Android and vice versa.
I would pick the iPhone generally because of its metallic feel and user interface. The reason I won't get one is because I would like to have full control of whatever I buy. Its mostly Apple's business model and restrictive environment that I choose not to purchase the iPhone.
(1) Apple abandons its patrons and forces them to upgrade their phone even though they shouldn't have to. (Example: The iPhone 4 and earlier models don't have Siri when they are fully capable of having the feature)
(2) Other brands allow you to plug your smartphone to any computer via USB and copy your music, data and films without the need to install any software/app like iTunes. It is that easy!
(3) Brands such as HTC, Blackberry & Samsung use the standard USB cable to plug & charge their devices. Apple products force you to use their own plug. Not to mention all those Apple patrons who have bought previous Apple phones and iPhone/iPad compatible speakers will now HAVE TO BUY a converter to make those products compatible with the new iPhone5
(4) When you purchase music through iTunes, you do NOT own it. You only purchase the "right" to listen to it on your Apple device. (i.e. Bruce Willis could not pass his vast music library to his children.)
(5) Limits iPhone user's battery choices. I upgraded the stock battery on my Galaxy S2 from a 1650mAh to a 3800mAh. And it could be done in less than 10seconds. Not to mention it comes with a built in stand so I could watch movies all day long.
159. flamencoguy (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
congrats. You are very knowledeable. My hats off to you.
151. b3roldan (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
(6) Apple bullies other companies by forcibly dictating what features should not be included - Flash, NFC to name a few. So if you're an anime freak like me, forget about being able to watch those anime from websites still using Flash technology.
(7) Apple decided to use the slower LTE band on the iPhone5 which is on the 1800mhz spectrum and boasts a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 65M compared to the current standard 2600mhz which can easily achieve 100M. I won't be surprised if Apple screws it's loyal patrons again by releasing an iPhone 5s with NFC and faster LTE.
(8) I own a MacBookPro 13" (2011) edition. I had a simple problem, I experience corrupted textures when playing Diablo 3 (100% in Act 3). This is a known issue with the GPU drivers. If I were on Windows, I would just need to update the Graphics driver and it would be fixed. But for OSX, you will need to purchase and update the whole Operating System to Mountain Lion to fix that issue. Quite ridiculous and another stick up your butt being screwed by yours truly, Apple.
(9) Last but not least, let's talk about the iPhone5. Let me start by countering those "misleading specs put in iPhone5's favor.
- CPU: iP5 = Quad-Core 1Ghz (S3 = Quad-Core 1.4Ghz)
- Front-Screen Camera: iP5 = 720p (S2 & S3 = 1080p)
- iCloud (Any Android: Google Drive)
- Shared Photo Stream (erm... how's that different from instagram/facebook/kodak photo sharing?)
- Panorama (already existed in Sony Ericsson and Nexus phones since last year. Can be easily enabled on any SmartPhone including old iPhones by downloading panorama apps like Google's 360)
- 700,000 apps (Android 500,000)
- Passbook (This is a great idea, BUT it is software based and should be available also for older iPhones!)
- Free OS Updates Annually (Android: Same)
- FaceTime (C'mon... Skype allows you to chat with anyone using any device, why limit your interaction to Apple customers only?)
- All-New Maps with Flyover (Already existing in Google Maps)
- Airplay (This can already be done with other smartphone devices, in fact any device with Wifi/Blutooth. Apple will probably FORCE speaker manufacturers to only allow Apple devices via the "Airplay Brand")
- Sleek and Durable Aluminium Black (erm... that's not a feature and is subjective to each individual's preferences. Not necessarily a pro)
- Game Center (S3: Google Play, Samsung Apps, Game Hub... thse are 3 game markets!)
-iMessage (again... why limit your communication to ONLY Apple users when you can use Skype, WhatsApp, Voxer, Viber, Facebook Messenger to chat with anyone)
153. Tillmoss (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
157. flamencoguy (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
What does iPhone 5 and Jimi Hendrix have in common?
Answer: Purple Haze.