Samsung's "It doesn't take a genius" ad parodied by Apple iPhone supporters
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2012, 10:20 posted on
Samsung's new ad comparing the features on its flagship Samsung Galaxy S III with those on the Apple iPhone 5 has touched a chord among Apple iPhone fans who have responded with some parodies of the Samsung ad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Is the A6 in the iPhone 5 quad core? I thought Apple had stuck with dual.
4. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Dual core with a gig of RAM. The processor is a cross between A9 and A15 architectures.
20. abdane (Posts: 473; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i have this comment below and just want to put it on top so everyone can see :)
Quad-Core CPU: its dual core!
720p front screen camera: GS3 also 720p front camera, and the Galaxy S3 have a 1.9MP camera vs iPhone 5 1.2MP Camera :)
iCloud: Google Cloud.
Shared Photo Stream: AllShare Play
Panorama : There is Panorama on GS3, the nokia 5800 xpress music had it way back then !
700,000 apps: 250,000 are for iPad, which makes it 450,000 for iphones Vs 650,000 apps on android ( Phones )
Passbook: Google Wallet.
Free OS Updates Annually: Free Open Source OS, Freedom, until now have latest updates, IF it didnt, just root it ;)
Facetime: Video Call ?
All-New Maps with FlyOver: Google Maps have it, and it also have street view ;)
Airplay: AllShare Cast.
Sleek And Durable Aluminum Back: You can buy and replace your cover with an Aluminum one from Ebay with just $7.
Game Center: Game Hub, for Samsung phones, and rumors say Google may launch its own game center.
iMessage: ChatON, Whatsapp, Viber, etc...
52. networkdood (Posts: 6244; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
about 200k apps are not even ever downloaded from app store.
61. abdane (Posts: 473; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
its actually 450,000 out of 700,000 havent been downloaded :P
88. darkkjedii (Posts: 10070; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yet they're there when u need them. I other words ur post was pointless
155. tomas288 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
r u watched keynote? 250.000 ipad apps (app can be both versions-iphone and ipad in one app) 90% of these apps for ipad is downloaded EVERY month
appstore +30 billions download and only iphones ipod and ipad
android +20 b. downloads and hundreds of phones (samsungs,htcs,lgs,motorolas...........)
in average iphones user owns much more apps than others
and u thing that all androids apps are downloaded?
80. doubler86 (Posts: 317; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
thank you, I was going to do the same thing, it's like I always have said:
Apple users never do their research, or else they wouldn't be Apple users
84. whysoserious (Posts: 316; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
So the list for Samsung s3 is still longer. lol! All iPhone fanboys can brag about is the aesthetics of the phone, only to cover it with a full-body protector in the end.
Enjoy looking at the gorgeous back of your iPhones, fansheeps, while we enjoy looking at the front of our s3 with a better 4.8" AMOLED HD screen.
94. darkkjedii (Posts: 10070; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So iPhone users won't look at the front of their phones, and y would this b?
127. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
obviously, the phone is bigger, better, so is the list..
86. darkkjedii (Posts: 10070; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dudes just enjoy your devices, and chill out man gosh.
111. nwright94 (unregistered)
With the apps I think you misunderstand: there's 700,000 apps to pick on the iPhone, iPad has 250,000 specifically for it. Not subtracted from the original 700k, other than that accurate comparison.
119. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Nice.....I'm still lmao that Apple is trying to claim Panorama camera feature on the iPhone 5 is the first ever on a phone.
My Droid X1 would like a word with Apple...and it was probably on phones before the Droid X1.
125. andrwroepke (Posts: 9; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
How to spot a galaxy III user. Just go to any public place and look for a person with their head pointed down, holding their giant phone with one hand and poking at it with the other. It is truly hilarious, you know right away. Just try it.
128. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
like as if i never see a man holding an iPhone with his left hand and touching it with his right..
how to spot an iPhone user:
Look for the biggest heads around.. you know they are big headed.. compensating for their relatively small screen..
132. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I used my lil Droid 1 the same way.....its more secure, steady that way.
Whats your point?
137. 90ninjas (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
How to spot an iPhone user: look for people holding their phone ridiculously close to their face.
126. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
ifan or just like apple. will never tell the full truth and refuse to actually look beyond what their GOD apple tell them.
140. mschmal (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Don't people realize that these are just gadgets that in 2 years will look to then current phones like a Moto Star Trac does to one of these today?
Geeze, get a life people.
156. tomas288 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
just give faster phone then iphone and i will buy it :)
do you now JAILBREAK?
if you do jailbreak you will have CYDIA
cydia-thousands of apps,themes etc and new Improvements with this the iphone is muuuuch better (That's why I bought it)
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
the ones who made the parodies are not knowledgeable enough on what they're saying
16. -box- (Posts: 3707; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Someone should make one with the ATIV S, "We can do aluminum better." "Don't settle for monochrome." "While we can do aluminum, we chose damage-resistant material for our flagship."
25. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
It may have a sleek aluminium back but that sleekness meant that Apple had to use a single chip and radio for voice and data. This means that on some networks you can't make a call and use data at the same time.
36. Veigald (Posts: 225; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Didn't that Russian video show it was plastic painted to look like aluminum?
23. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Except for the fact that the iPhone looks better.
33. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 242; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
That's just a matter of opinion though, not a fact
37. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Yes, subjective one that. For me, the iPhone does look better but the S3 is better as a phone overall at least till the reviews convince me otherwise.
57. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Looks better than what? Its still an iPhoney.. still ONLY 4 inches. Yes a standard micro-usb, LMAO something the European Union has made a standard, its called responsibility. Big Fruity = Money hungry design corp. One more row of icons. Can't use a whole host of widgets. Still using folders?
big fruity sticks with its own designed cables, which guess what costs more money to the fantwinks. Big fruity is way behind the competition in hardware design. Big fruity has a lot of small handed users with their 4 inches of screen. Hell Ive had a 4.5" screen for over a year now.. Hmm love it.. And FYI for anyone who thinks anything higher than 300 ppi is a good idea, you are wasting your time. The human eye can't see above 300ppi.. So those who claim their image is sharper, its not. Sorry.. A bigger phone looks a bit fuzzy because the pixels stretch. The same thing happens when you blow up a photo.. It stretches and gets fuzzy up close..
1.2 mp front camera vs 1.7 or higher.. Big Fruity still stuck in 2007
110. willard12 (Posts: 686; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Looks better?...I thought they were introducing the remote control for the new Apple TV.
40. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
looks like a bunch of kids made this add....... *facepalm*
43. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
8 year olds that. By the way are those annoying pop-up ads coming for everyone?
58. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Still enjoying your part Sammy phone there No? Ha half of its Sammy products, just like the imaxipad..
50. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yea but at least samsungs add was a proper defense and stated facts this add is a poor defense and shows what ifans truly value.....or let me say it shows the only thing they CAN value (design) and it is exactly what ive been saying and telling the truth about.......the only thing aapple has better than the S3 and most android phones IS DESIGN! thats pretty much it though........so this add backs up what i been trying to tell some of these hysterical ifans.....
66. E.N. (Posts: 2223; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
This new ad has a lot of incorrect information (keep in mind this was probably made by one or a couple of people and not by Apple), but I think the point they made was pretty clear, which is you can twist things however you like. I still think that long list of lame features Samsung included (just to make the list longer) should have been all put in one single category if even mentioned at all. In my eyes, it brought down the quality of the whole ad.
64. The_Innovation (Posts: 538; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
When Facepalm, isn't enough.
75. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 156; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I think that it is meant to put useless features because that is what samsung put on their ad to make the list longer. "Swipe To Capture" is just another way of getting a screen capture, which is something all phones have now.
And not many people actually use Tilt to Zoom, they mostly just use the pinch to zoom. The only useful feature that is listed that isn't on the iPhone is the removable battery and the NFC.
103. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
If swipe to capture isn't important, then why does Apple consider things like scroll bounce lawsuit worthy?
114. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 156; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Because other people also copy that feature. Apple also facilitated screen capture and now the majority of the phones have that, except that Samsung added the whole palm swipe thing to make it different.
121. tedkord (Posts: 4254; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Sorry, hon, but screen capture was around before the iPhone.
149. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 156; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I didn't say Apple invented it. They made it easier to use. As for the tilt to zoom, it's a neat trick but when your walking around reading a webpage article or looking at pictures your 2 fingers are already on the screen so you can just pinch to zoom instead of tilting the entire device.
118. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
But...Tilt to Zoom shows some nice innovation by Samsung vs pinch to zoom.
That cannot be denied.
They also have Tilt to Swipe.
120. tedkord (Posts: 4254; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Swipe to unlock was just another way to unlock phones, which all phones had before the iPhone, yet Apple patented it, and sued for any implementation of touchscreen unlock, including a tap to unlock, arguing that a tap is just a zero length swipe.
144. fuckandroid (banned) (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
Hey idiot , do you remember phones before iPhone ? All the smartphone industry was created and developed by apple. If you like your cheap plastic with 12467 core processors and 18GB ram then just use it. Iphone always was fast and not need terabyte of ram to run normally unlike you geeky phone. What was samsung producing before iphone ? I think some people just have complexes concerning iphone and apple products !!!
49. jove39 (Posts: 1241; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
A6 core is custom implementation based on ARMv7...just like krait core...you can say Apple copied approach of qualcomm for building soc.
154. THETECHTEAM (Posts: 82; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
iphone 5 Dual core 1000 MHZ
Samsung Galaxy S 3 1.2 GHZ
2. Jusrertiner (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Samsung didn't include some things but Apple supporters just blatantly lied.
28. DFranch (Posts: 135; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Wow, don't dare make an ad that shows up the iPhone. I guess some people can't take a little criticism.
32. phljcnth (Posts: 255; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It just goes to show how imbecile an iFan could get. The maker of that rubbish obviously didn't even care to GOOGLE his phone's specs. Lol
5. Hammerfest (Posts: 360; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Having read both of them, while the GS3 does have some that stretch what can be considered genuine features, the extra's added to the iPhones lists are just... sad...
Maps with fly-over? really?
Facetime? again, really?
Panorama/iMessage/GameCenter, AirPlay... not to mention the quad-core JOKE...
If someone had come up with a decent parody for the iPhone, I would have been impressed...
I have friends/family who own an iPhone (they arent fanatics like most are), but I could easily make a better list with what THEY like/use the iPhone for other over devices, this iFan made list is just sloppy
18. Hammerfest (Posts: 360; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Its the attempt at taking down street view and terrain view as well as 3d from Google Maps.
If you use Google Earth or MapsGL you can see what its "modeled" after (though not many area's are done up in 3d)...
EDIT: after some careful thought, with how BAD this was done, I almost think it was sabotage by an Android fan... thats the ONLY logical thing I can think of considering how bad it is!