Samsung's "It doesn't take a genius" ad parodied by Apple iPhone supporters
0. phoneArena 16 Sep 2012, 10:20 posted on
Samsung's new ad comparing the features on its flagship Samsung Galaxy S III with those on the Apple iPhone 5 has touched a chord among Apple iPhone fans who have responded with some parodies of the Samsung ad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Is the A6 in the iPhone 5 quad core? I thought Apple had stuck with dual.
4. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Dual core with a gig of RAM. The processor is a cross between A9 and A15 architectures.
20. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i have this comment below and just want to put it on top so everyone can see :)
Quad-Core CPU: its dual core!
720p front screen camera: GS3 also 720p front camera, and the Galaxy S3 have a 1.9MP camera vs iPhone 5 1.2MP Camera :)
iCloud: Google Cloud.
Shared Photo Stream: AllShare Play
Panorama : There is Panorama on GS3, the nokia 5800 xpress music had it way back then !
700,000 apps: 250,000 are for iPad, which makes it 450,000 for iphones Vs 650,000 apps on android ( Phones )
Passbook: Google Wallet.
Free OS Updates Annually: Free Open Source OS, Freedom, until now have latest updates, IF it didnt, just root it ;)
Facetime: Video Call ?
All-New Maps with FlyOver: Google Maps have it, and it also have street view ;)
Airplay: AllShare Cast.
Sleek And Durable Aluminum Back: You can buy and replace your cover with an Aluminum one from Ebay with just $7.
Game Center: Game Hub, for Samsung phones, and rumors say Google may launch its own game center.
iMessage: ChatON, Whatsapp, Viber, etc...
52. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
about 200k apps are not even ever downloaded from app store.
61. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
its actually 450,000 out of 700,000 havent been downloaded :P
88. darkkjedii (Posts: 21727; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yet they're there when u need them. I other words ur post was pointless
155. tomas288 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
r u watched keynote? 250.000 ipad apps (app can be both versions-iphone and ipad in one app) 90% of these apps for ipad is downloaded EVERY month
appstore +30 billions download and only iphones ipod and ipad
android +20 b. downloads and hundreds of phones (samsungs,htcs,lgs,motorolas...........)
in average iphones user owns much more apps than others
and u thing that all androids apps are downloaded?
80. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
thank you, I was going to do the same thing, it's like I always have said:
Apple users never do their research, or else they wouldn't be Apple users
84. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
So the list for Samsung s3 is still longer. lol! All iPhone fanboys can brag about is the aesthetics of the phone, only to cover it with a full-body protector in the end.
Enjoy looking at the gorgeous back of your iPhones, fansheeps, while we enjoy looking at the front of our s3 with a better 4.8" AMOLED HD screen.
94. darkkjedii (Posts: 21727; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So iPhone users won't look at the front of their phones, and y would this b?
127. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
obviously, the phone is bigger, better, so is the list..
86. darkkjedii (Posts: 21727; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dudes just enjoy your devices, and chill out man gosh.
111. nwright94 (unregistered)
With the apps I think you misunderstand: there's 700,000 apps to pick on the iPhone, iPad has 250,000 specifically for it. Not subtracted from the original 700k, other than that accurate comparison.
119. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Nice.....I'm still lmao that Apple is trying to claim Panorama camera feature on the iPhone 5 is the first ever on a phone.
My Droid X1 would like a word with Apple...and it was probably on phones before the Droid X1.
125. andrwroepke (Posts: 9; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
How to spot a galaxy III user. Just go to any public place and look for a person with their head pointed down, holding their giant phone with one hand and poking at it with the other. It is truly hilarious, you know right away. Just try it.
128. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
like as if i never see a man holding an iPhone with his left hand and touching it with his right..
how to spot an iPhone user:
Look for the biggest heads around.. you know they are big headed.. compensating for their relatively small screen..
132. jroc74 (Posts: 6014; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I used my lil Droid 1 the same way.....its more secure, steady that way.
Whats your point?
137. 90ninjas (unregistered)
How to spot an iPhone user: look for people holding their phone ridiculously close to their face.
126. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
ifan or just like apple. will never tell the full truth and refuse to actually look beyond what their GOD apple tell them.
140. mschmal (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
Don't people realize that these are just gadgets that in 2 years will look to then current phones like a Moto Star Trac does to one of these today?
Geeze, get a life people.
156. tomas288 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
just give faster phone then iphone and i will buy it :)
do you now JAILBREAK?
if you do jailbreak you will have CYDIA
cydia-thousands of apps,themes etc and new Improvements with this the iphone is muuuuch better (That's why I bought it)
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
the ones who made the parodies are not knowledgeable enough on what they're saying
16. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Someone should make one with the ATIV S, "We can do aluminum better." "Don't settle for monochrome." "While we can do aluminum, we chose damage-resistant material for our flagship."
25. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
It may have a sleek aluminium back but that sleekness meant that Apple had to use a single chip and radio for voice and data. This means that on some networks you can't make a call and use data at the same time.
36. Veigald (Posts: 290; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Didn't that Russian video show it was plastic painted to look like aluminum?
23. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Except for the fact that the iPhone looks better.