Samsung's 64-bit Exynos chip ready to hit the conveyor belts, Galaxy S5 a prime candidate
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2013, 09:10 posted on
Samsung confirmed at its quarterly results press conference for investors today that the 64-bit Exynos chipset it hinted about is ready for the spotlight. A few "technical preparations" aside, the new silicon should be hitting the conveyor belts this quarter, which means that there is every chance to see it in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 next year....
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note II shipped with the Exynos 4412. :)
24. roldefol (Posts: 3010; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's why I said rarely. I see a lot of S3 and S4s in the wild, but rarely a Note. :)
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note II's and Note 3's are everywhere in Chicago.. They're more common than any other Android phone (besides S3 and S4).
30. roldefol (Posts: 3010; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Must be a cultural thing then. I live and work away from the city. People don't want to shell out that extra $100.
70. hellonerds (Posts: 264; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
nice.. note 3 user :) t-mo on att network works great :) ill be enjoying it till note 5 :D ill wait for 64bit to get optimized..
rooted/debloated and smooth like butter.. love this beast.. had the note 1 but returned it 15 days later just wanted to see if i like the size and got use to it.. my GS3 is a back up now.. and my iphones lol
20. Razrman (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Wonder how did they manage to put Exynos 4412 in Note 2 for Verizon.
23. roldefol (Posts: 3010; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think by then they'd finally figured out how to get the Exynos to play nicely with LTE. Also the sales volumes were lower, so they were better equipped to ship the Note 2 with an Exynos.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Idk what they did, but the Octa still doesn't support LTE, which is why the S4 and Note 3 shipped with S600/S800 in the US.
32. willard12 (Posts: 834; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Anyone can buy an international version.
9. king_nisbett (unregistered)
wow the s5 comes out in January i just got the note 3 and the s5 might be all medal i might have to sell my note 3 early !
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's a rumor, which I'm 99.9% confident isn't true.
34. king_nisbett (unregistered)
Ik its been that same rumor since the galaxy s3
65. alaw.14 (Posts: 144; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
I will also like to see another gs5 version that will have the snapdragon 1000
73. Rixter77 (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
ALL THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IS THE FOLLOWING:
ALUMINUM/STEEL CASING (QUALITY MATERIALS)
8 CORE 64 BIT PROCESSOR
AND THUS APPLE SHIP WOULD SINK SO FAST.
HOW CAN U ARGUE WITH THOSE SPECS!.....