Samsung's 3G-smartwatch to be called Gear Solo?
0. phoneArena 07 Apr 2014, 09:40 posted on
Earlier, we passed along a rumor that Samsung is considering a 3G-connected version of its Gear 2 smart-watch, which will offer standalone calling capabilities. Now, the Korean Herald reports that the alleged device, equipped with a USIM module, is going to be called the Samsung Gear Solo...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I'm sure in the next year they will also release dual-sim 3G smartwatch.
2. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I dunno it's joke or not...but that really made me laugh....
3. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I'm serious, it's not a joke, it's Samsung. They always try something innovative and fresh but not in smartphone design.
4. MacWiNux (Posts: 52; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
soon it will be Galaxy Gear Beam (galaxy beam) that can project your screen to walls
5. dbdrummer88 (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Solo, another meaning for one person, or ONE. What is with all the "1" or "one" in technology names these last few months? It really doesn't make much sense. If a company wants to reinvent a brand or draw new customers, make the product better, do not call it "1".
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 769; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
If it's really called Solo, it's definitely because it doesn't need to pair with any device. ;)
It's a standalone Galaxy Gear.
6. hurrycanger (Posts: 769; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Nice. I don't think there is any good solo smartwatch in existence yet.
The one thing I'm afraid to see is the price tag... -__-
9. UglyFrank (Posts: 331; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Finally a worthy sequel to 2009's Samsung S9110
11. techloverNYC (Posts: 362; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
The only thing solo about it is that theres only gonna be that one guy who wears it.
13. fuelband (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
This? Or Moto 360? Standalone or paired? Hmmmnnn..choices, choices...
17. lamnpt (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
In my opinion, the most important thing is SS have to solve the battery problem. I dont want to use a watch with everyday charging.
18. mixedfish (Posts: 56; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Isn't that what you do on a mobile phone anyway.
19. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Why solo? Sounds pretty lame. I don't really like the concept either, making it 3g-capable is pretty overkill in my opinion.