Samsung’s 2013 tablet portfolio leaks: 1080p 8-inch Tab, octa-core 11-incher coming
0. phoneArena 29 Apr 2013, 05:14 posted on
In 2013, Samsung is allegedly planning to bring an 8-inch Galaxy Tab tablet with a 1080p screen and an 11-inch Android slate with an octa-core chip. These are just some...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
samsung is not the same anymore they make everything the same they give up. i don't know what happaned to them if they are lazy or give up or what who knows but they don't impress as a company anymore
12. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Frankly speaking i do get confused when they just put a few samsung devices released ask me to identify. I could still get them right but would require a bit of observation. The same thing applies to their tablets.
6. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
so why bother urself to read this article??? silly and stupid
4. BattleBrat (Posts: 1215; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Nexus 11? TAKE MY MONEY! And make sure you use an adequate video chip this time!
10. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i wish nexus have s pen.... i know s-pen is specific only for note series ... it still a wish
11. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1151; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
The video chip is already known if you trust the leak, Exynos 5410= PowerVR SGX544MP3 (Tri-Core) @533 MHz.
Judge yourself if that's adequate or not... It's around the Adreno 320 in the HTC one, a bit weaker than the Adreno 320 in the Galaxy S4 or the Mali 604 in the Nexus 10.
7. Kurai (unregistered)
samsung galaxy tab 11 with 11in. screen??? . . OMG i can't wait for the galaxy bill board!
8. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
11" is too big for a tablet, especially in 16:10, they need to get rid of some of the bezels, and nexus devices don't support micro SD cards
9. deacz (Posts: 157; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
nah 10 is to small! aslong as the device is kept slim and light then i dont mind a larger screen. I been looking at upgrading my transformer prime
13. tadaa (Posts: 265; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
if sales were that weak why make the note 8.0? lol, just making a guess i dunno either
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9350; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nexus 11 please. Octa-Core A15 and A7 + super high resolution = drool worthy.
Added to the wish list.
15. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Galaxy tab 8.0 looks interesting
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Galaxy Tab DUOS 7.0? A dual-SIM tablet? You kidding me Samsung?
17. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I hate it when they say it's an "octa-core" processor. Ugh. It is quite misleading to some because it is just a 4+4 (Quad A15 + Quad A7) processor... A true octa has the capability to run all eight cores.
18. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Since Samsing is coming out with 6.3 inch phones, I think they are not very keen on the 7 inch tablet. Thats the only explanation for such poor specs for the 7 inch tablet.
19. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I would get a 11" Nexus tab. I have a Note 2 so the tablet would just stay at home. A 11" inch would be perfect for that.
20. ultimatebatman (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I'll just stick to my Note 10.1. A tablet without a pen is useless for me. People are dumb for not realizing this. It just shows that 90% of people who buy tablets don't actually need one, and just use it for movies and stupid swipe games.
25. donfem (Posts: 564; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And being "the only one with brains", i guess the world must see things from your perspective? Ridiculously ignorant
21. cR203 (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
No amoled for the bigger screens? I read an article on here a while ago saying they would be making their tablets with amoled displays. An 11 inch super amoled display would be awesome.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6876; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
N u guyw complain bout the galaxy tab 3? This new model is viscious with its octa-core chip
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6876; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
N u guys complain bout the galaxy tab 3? This new model is viscious with its octa-core chip
26. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 534; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Samsung is kicking royal ass and dont' give a crap about names anymore. Go Sammy! Now gimme Note 3 as a loyal Note 2 and 1 lover!
27. docj8404 (Posts: 72; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Samsung's already produced an 11 inch (11.6 to be exact) tablet in the form their Windows 8 tablet which apparently wasn't too well received by the public, probably due to Windows 8 and its price point I assume. As a happy, proud & content Nexus 10 owner, I think I'll stick with my N10 until it just craps out, as it has a solid mix between power, CPU & GPU wise, and a gorgeous screen with a great deal of developer support. My only complaint is that the colors could of been calibrated a little better, as purples, from my eye, appear a little washed out.
It may be a while off, but I think the next "big" advancement in the tablet world will be tablets with 4K resolutions, or damn near 4K. Continuing to increase screen sizes without increasing screen resolutions & quality results in devices like the Note 10.1: A device with relatively a high end price, high end internals & a sub-par screen which is a massive disappointment co sideri g the screen is arguably the most important part of any device, as that's what you interact with constantly.
Although Samsung is certainly on top of the game & I appreciate the options they offer to their consumers, hope they take a step back, much like HTC vowed & appears to be doing this year, & place more effort into making better quality phones & tablets opposed to flooding the market with "new" and essentially rebranded items, as it appears their doing with a few products they have in the pipeline.
28. martinlosha (unregistered)
Will the Nexus 11 be a true Octacore or a Bulls**t Octacore like the S4?
29. scsa852k (Posts: 319; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Nexus 11 is the only device sounds tempting.
30. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Nobody beats Samsung period......
31. Andrewtst (Posts: 402; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I hope Google don't approved Samsung doing Nexus 11. Current Nexus 10 is hanging crap! I am so regret buying it!