Samsung will be supplying the OLED displays for Google Glass
0. phoneArena 24 May 2013, 07:05 posted on
Google Glass isn't expected to see its official debut anytime soon, but that doesn't mean that work on the product isn't going with full force as we speak. For example, we have now learned that the tiny display that Google's futuristic glasses will be equipped with will be supplied by no other but Samsung...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
What a great team, Sammy and Google,
The first thing that comes to mind is this song
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Do we have a figure how much the development costed Google so far?
3. Silencerzzz (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Awesome!! Google are smart enough to pick Samsung's OLED over s-lcd from HTC.
4. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 793; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Silence pls..this will start fan war..
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
SLCD panels are actually produced by Samsung, not HTC.
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I believe so..
26. leaderpvp (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 May 2013)
it is not Sharp, it is Japan Display Inc. in case of HTC that is concern that Japan Gov. made with participation of Sony, Hitachi and Toshiba and their technologies.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Any arguments? Or it was just an attempt to troll?
19. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
People always find arguments out of nothing....HTC doesn't actually make displays if you didn't know....
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung + Google = AWESOMENESS!
8. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Go Glass, and to think i'll have a shade with Navigation on along with a watch that well tells time on an OLED display and a smartphone with an 8" foldable display....Sweet
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Yes I am. But man it's taking too damn long for next year.
11. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Wait am right in saying the oleds are see through (the ones used in glass) and there made by samsung......so could this mean we could see more of these screens in possibly say.....a phone?.....quite along shot but maybe....
12. papss (unregistered)
I'm not sure I get the need for google glass. Seems like it could be an invasion of privacy if used improperly by the consumer correct?
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
How is it an invasion of privacy....your being watched all the time anyway....CCTV and everything else.....and what would google need with my browsing history....."oh my god he watched that new tech feed youtube video!"
21. papss (unregistered)
You obviously don't know me very well then.. You run out of intelligent things to say?
15. papss (unregistered)
You didn't get what I was trying to say smh... What I'm meaning is does this thing have a camera? If so what is its function? I didn't say anything about browsing, I was speaking of the function of the glasses.
also just because I'm being watched doesn't mean I want Google doing the same.
16. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
May be they should have some kind of led light which should blink when camera app is on...
24. aries.phills (Posts: 140; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Definitely, I will be getting this awesome piece of innovation.
Kudos to Google.
25. papss (unregistered)