Samsung unleashes the Galaxy Note II source code, let the modding begin
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2012, 06:39 posted on
If you are the tweaking type, you'd love to hear that Samsung just let the Galaxy Note II kernel source code in the wild for some fresh air, ready to be kidnapped by the ROM hackers lurking around the XDA-Devs forums....
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3981; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ok that is great but what about support for the quad-core Exynos 4? A lot of developers wont work on the Note II because Samsung is not supporting their Exynos 4. Please Samsung show some support for your Exynos 4 so I can be 1000% sure & happy if I decide to buy your SUPER SEXY Galaxy Note II.
That is all I need. Please support your Exynos 4 & I am all over you again if not LG Optimus G Nexus here I come! lol
6. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
generally that kind of stuff is included in the full source code. We'll have to wait a min to find out for sure though. Look for camera issues and such.
8. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3981; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Well remixfa, until I get some sort of confirmation I am still nervous. This is actually a pleasant surprise because of the news from the other day. I REALLY WANT that MAMMOTH SCREEN. 5.5" is just so freaking BOSS!
Please let's hope this is actually the first step in total Samsung developer support for the insanely AWESOME Samsung Galaxy Note II.
My fingers are crossed.
10. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Well.If you want info. just check this -
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3981; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Here is another article. Doesn't look good remixfa.
9. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
YOU ARE RIGHT..CODEWORKX who is an elite recognized developer has stopped working on the cm10 or sgs3.
There are no or outdated documents provided by Samsung for their exynos..
Samsung is becoming thew new HTC (I'm no sammy hater but just a mod-lover)
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3981; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Let's hope Samsung changes their mind because right now this will keep me from getting the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
13. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
That's why I love gnex!!!
I know It doesn't have a good camera and a great gpu..but then Google's pure support makes it AwSome!!
3. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
BIG THANKS to Samsumg ! Offering source to coder is the best thing to do!
Look a Kinect that was promoted so much by thousands of coders inventions!
Thanks again to play de OPEN & FREE way,
against closed and patent protected everything.
4. CDGMobile (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Can anyone still openly deny that Samsung is better than Apple. Seriously Apple wouldn't allow such a thing with their overbearing always have to know and see what your doing with their tech motherhen-esque attitude
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"All right, CyanogenMod crew, did you hear the news? Now do your magic and give us an even more awesome Galaxy Note II, the way only you are capable of optimizing!"
11. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
sadly, CyanogenMod team will never be able to get Butter(cm10, JB) on note 2 because of poor exynos documentations.. :-(