Samsung tweets the clearest Samsung Galaxy S 4 picture yet
0. phoneArena 11 Mar 2013, 22:08 posted on
A tweet directly from Samsung gives us the clearest picture yet of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S 4 and we can see the resemblance to the GT-I9502 which was leaked earlier on Monday; gone are the square corners seen in an earlier leak and on cases said to have been produced with the phone in mind and instead we have a similar design to the current model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
42. rumman1995 (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Damnn i thought i was gonna get it but now i think it would be better if go for HTC One
47. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
i feel the same it looks very ugly and same old boring style. i'm going with the HTC ONE
43. R-vjn (Posts: 130; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
feels like a galaxy s3 with a 5'' screen... crap..totally..!
44. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
one word Samsung Grabge i'm swtiching from samsung to HTC
48. abchco123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
I hope they make a variety of more colors. It looks sleek, and legit.
49. ash29 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
S4 is just a hype.F**k u sammy,we'll wait for the next nexus.
162. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
F**k you too samsung said they don't need you b**ch
50. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
The is question is that,the design is it better than s3 or not btw this year samsung will loose so many customers Bcoz of master piece made by htc and sony
51. Andrewtst (Posts: 253; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
With such design - never change, expect to sell 100 millions unit? Wait in dream...
Is time to teach Samsung a lesson if this is what Samsung do, following Apple step, no innovation on design.
I will be the one say bye bye to Samsung S4 if this was the final design, 99% same as S III !!!
53. Zero0 (Posts: 561; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Insert complaint about cheap plastic here. Plastic has zero merit other than looking reasonably nice, not blocking radio, and still being fairly sturdy. I'd much rather block signals with metal, look hideous with Kevlar, or break a glass case.
Let's wait and see, people. If the hardware and software are good, this phone is going to be great. There's reason to believe that we'll see those things. Don't see plastic and give up -- plastic isn't bad. It has a bad reputation, but, at its worst, it's the happy medium of everything you want in a case at a good price.
57. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
For me HTC One design Design looks much better than this
132. rizevnarastek (Posts: 313; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
One's design looks better then every other phone on earth!
58. expertzero (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Just putting my two cents.
That is not the GS4. Why would they reveal the design of the device? It doesn't make any sense to do that when your building up hype and having prototypes/renders being leaked.
The real device will be shown on Thursday.
61. sunny131089 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yessssssss the China leak was right hahha now those who said oh yuck n nt real n so cheap will say oh m fine if internals are good ohh its beautiful hey nt dat bad oh look at d chip.....and dont even start wd those who critisised apple on same thing new chip.....let d hypocrites unleashh
126. Taters (Posts: 2399; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Why would Samsung be hypocrites for having totally new designs for the Galaxy S series every year? Dumb asses. haha
183. Taters (Posts: 2399; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Learn how to read. Samsung hasn't re used a design for their Galaxy S series or Note series yet. So it is scientifically impossible for them to be hypocrites. Dumb ass.
Just in case you didn't know Nokia has re used the N9 design 3 or 4 times already for their flagships.
70. nikenturd (unregistered)
Uhm.....I'd rather wait for the Note 3
76. sunny131089 (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
dwgit ...sorry for d misspell but u got d point...
81. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I'm kind of exited to see what Samsung has up it's sleeve. The make wonderful products.
82. Edmund (Posts: 646; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
lol.. the photos leaked the other day are definitely pics of the S4. That means you can look forward to faux carbon-fibre plastic and the same boring design
90. procoder (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Lot of Bezel doesnt make logical sense to be S4, i expect minimum bezel in future galaxy
92. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Yes there is a no fun of showing s4 before 14th of march and I hope this is not the real pic of s4
93. teerex42 (Posts: 103; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Bitch bitch bitch that's all you people do. The S IV is gonna be spectacular..edge to edge display, full hd screen. I don't know about you ass stains but plastic or polycarbonate
or whatever it's going to be called is way way more durable than the aluminum or whatever just as cheap a crap HTC is putting out!!!! I'm on Verizon and paying full price to keep my unlimited data wooooo. I'll take one please :) OH and did I mention that plastic is superior for dent resistance and more free for the radio for better reception then metal, steel or aluminum.
I have a cover on my galaxy that fits my phone perfectly so I can't even tell it's mainly plastic on the body.
94. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
By watching the latest episode of the Samsung UNPACKED, it just proves that only 8 year olds get excited about Samsung.
103. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 769; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
95. pholocity (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
I remember first testing the S3, when i got it, it was in prototype hard angled rectangular case nothing unique about it. I only got to see what it was like when they did the unpacking, then subsequent devices that came to me were in the production case. So who knows. Everyone's got opinions and if they made a premium case out of metal or something, there will inevitably be people that will complain that it's too fragile or prone to knicks and scratches like the current iPhone5 has w/ the anodizing scratching etc. Cant please them all
96. sniper1087 (Posts: 311; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I hope this is not the final build otherwise bye bye, not going for last years model I want something refreshing, so far HTC has made a big leap and most likely my next phone
97. MUTHREJA (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Plastic and rounded corners.. what a put off !
Samsungs excuse, plastic supports Inductive Charging and more durable. Hmph.
I was more excited with the earlier leaked images, one with squared edges..
Guess i'l just wait for HTC One,
Why? Because of its aluminium unibody, just like a macbook ..
99. sniper1087 (Posts: 311; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
ok for those saying something about the speaker take a look at the Kyocera Torque which doesnt have one either, uses tissue conduction technology, which means you dont have to bring the phone your ear to actually hear it, you can put it in your front head or even in your cheek to hear.
http://goo.gl/EjD2p thats the video that shows the phone.
102. ar2730 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 May 2012)
If this is it. I really don't care if it scrolls on it's own. It will be HTC one for me!!
107. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Isn't that just a picture of a GS3? It appears that way to me. If its not a GS3, then Samsung is suffering an identity crisis following in the footsteps of Apple (which they firmly deny yet demonstrate copycat behaviors).
108. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, as much as i don't like the design, at least it will be more durable than iPhone. the aluminum back will just scratch every single time & you can't change it. the thing that will get my attention is that if they manage to increase the screen size while maintaining the size of s3
110. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Come on Samsung build It with fibre reinforced plastic.
114. Adithya7184 (Posts: 267; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
same as s3......come on sammy i want change....
117. Neurone (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Seems like same GS III body with new internal organs....
120. kingjr243 (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
I hope they change it so it doesn't look exactly like the Galaxy Note 2
124. Esf_Kid (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
i expected more than this from Sammy.
i must wait for note 3 to change my S3 with it. i don't want to have two phones with same designs.
128. amats69 (Posts: 836; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I dont believe that this is the real SIV.but it is not fake..maybe this is another handset to be unveil this thursday.together with the SIV...i dont get the logic on the commercial with the kid then they will tweet a pic? And if it is really the real SIV then i think no need for an unveiling event....
139. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, apple also change their design for iPhone once every 2 years so i won't really complain about it
149. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
of course let's just suggest that Samsung follows the "Apple can do it so it must be alright" philosophy. that makes everything just fine.
184. Taters (Posts: 2399; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No it is fine because they have never done it before while HTC and Sony have been guilty of much more.
140. madpiyal (Posts: 108; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I think the use of cheap plastic by Samsung is good for the industry. If they use premium material for their flagship there will be no point buying any other flagship from other OEMs. This way there's still a chance for Htc, Sony, Zte,Lg to sell there product and bring some innovation
141. pureviewuser (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
C'mon enough bashing I'm a diehard nokia fan but in all fairness there other brilliant phones out there lg htc Sony and I'm sure the upcoming Samsung galaxy will be a great phone the better they all get the more we will all benefit :)
145. supa_dupa (Posts: 44; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
HTC One for me! I don't want to be an sSheep...
148. sbw44 (Posts: 305; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Geez and here I thought apple's fans is brainwashed!
Do android really need quad core cpu's to make phone calls, take pics and send texts?
150. PhoneArena. (banned) (Posts: 28; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Let's all wait till Thursday. I know its this big hype wondering how and will this look like and have.
151. sintruder (Posts: 56; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
samsung is back with the same cheap plastic build and the same boring design
158. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Wow what a flood of retarded comments.
Don't want plastic? Okay, STFU and go choke on your aluminum and metal phones!
BTW.. I was right again.
The previous leak indeed IS the S4
167. NokiaFTW (Posts: 848; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Every company's doom will come . Now it is Nokia and Blackberry . In the near future , its gonna be Samsung & Apple .