Samsung trailer tells us to get ready for something new at CES 2013
0. phoneArena 09 Dec 2012, 23:14 posted on
CES 2013 is coming January 8th-January 11th and there has been some speculation that Sammy will show off a 5 inch Samsung Galaxy S IV; a quick little trailer produced by the Korean manufacturer tells us that "something new" is coming...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. redcloudsk (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Dam it!!!!! I just got GS3 !!!!!!! Release GS4 Fall 2013 !!!!!!!!!! lol
35. abdane (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i really hope GS IV would be released in the summer same as GS3, or even later ! haha :P
2. tigermcm (Posts: 816; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
wait a sec if the GS4 might be 5 inch than is there really a point to releasing another note?
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Note II is an half inch larger, it's the same size difference between the SIII and the original Note.
12. tigermcm (Posts: 816; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
understandable as far as the original but now with BS4 going to 5 inch thats considered phablet, makes no sense for a note. the selling point would be, if you want a pen get note3 if you dont than GS4
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well maybe it'll have virtual function keys and it'll share the same footprint as the SIII.
31. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Gosh, by your logic next year this won't be phone arena but phablet arena. Since basically all flagship phones will be 5 inch ones.
Get it already that it's not a tablet size.
Just look at Sony Odin - it's half a centimeter shorter than the S3!
36. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
5 inches isn't considered phablet. Look at the DNA, HTC made sure that everybody understood that it's not a phablet, but a supercharged smartphone.
25. half_21 (Posts: 44; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
i think the note3 can go as much as 5.8" screen size...after that then i don't know what they will do with the Note4,hmmf...and tigermcm has a point, if they would retain the 5.5" size of the NOTE3 then it would go down to the phone functionality which would point out the difference between those two phones....
32. shayan (Posts: 158; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Note has another selling point beside being huge, Spen.
but I really dont like galaxy S 4 to be more than 4.8 inch. samsung will lose customers who want smaller phones.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
well hopefully its...NEW DESIGN!
4. djripster (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Wonder if it will just be the Samsung ATIV S
33. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Lol, that phone was announced months ago.
PA even reviewed it
I think it could be the Galaxy S3b
38. djripster (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
:) Lets hope so, Samsung recently released some demo videos of the ATIV S
5. Cyan3boN (Posts: 437; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
they will change their Logo as they said before and introduce us to new technologies
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't think it's the next Galaxy S device i think it's something...new and remember this is CES, it doesn't necessarily even have to be a mobile device, it could be an Android powered Washing Machine for all we know.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
hm, interesting theory. i think it'd be $300 though.
10. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
5" phone is not a phone for an average joe!
but if they maintain 4.5-4.8" flagship but with sizzling hot new technology or new add ons..then it will be powerful!
11. TheMan (Posts: 434; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
If it hadn't come from the Samsung YouTube account there'd be no way of identifying the company.
I may eat these words, but I'm thinking it's not about any specific new phone. Instead, it'll be about TVs, or another device. Maybe the smartphones are a part of what's new, but it won't be the focus, mostly because the CES has evolved into a showcase for everything but mobile phones. Manufacturers tend to launch at MWC, unless it's Apple or Samsung (this past year, at least).
That's my guess, anyway.
13. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The editors need to remove those "google goggles. It's a friggin Ativ tablet running Windows 8 Pro.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't think they'd tease something like that as "something new", i don't even think they'd tease that at all.
21. tango_charlie (Posts: 116; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
A Samsung Ativ "Transformer" Tab with S-Pen would be something "new".
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5670; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you mean the Series 5 and 7 Laptops? xD
a "Samsung Ativ "Transformer" Tab with S-Pen" would be a Samsung Ativ with new accessories, not something new.
30. tango_charlie (Posts: 116; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
A Transformer with a slide out keyboard
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Probably at ces, they'll just introduce their new logo along with the flexible amoled screen. It's too early for them to release the next flagship
19. jphillips63 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What ever sammy does please and I beg you put a btter radio in your phones. I dont care if you go to Motorola and use there radios just give us something that works out in the fringe areas like Moto and HTC does.
20. tango_charlie (Posts: 116; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
The SGS3 is still selling well, so it makes no sense to announce it's successor next month. A special SGS4 event for announcing the device a few weeks after MWC is more plausible.
At CES Samsung might introduce some fresh new tablets:
7-8" Galaxy Tab/Note with S-Pen
10-11" Galaxy "Transformer" like in the style of the Asus Transformer with some kind of attachable or even slide out keyboard
And I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung would also release Windows 8 and/or Win8 RT tablets with the same form factor as the above mentioned Android once.
22. yeminswe (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Something new ?? What's it? Just be Unbreakable screen or GS4 , then as soon as it get right into my country , I will go and buy it ! I've been willing to buy SGS3 but hearing rumors about S4 makes me wait again .. make it ASAP !! .. my lovely Samsung
23. imkyle (Posts: 1039; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Please not another camera with android on it. Great concept but I am not dropping $450 on a device like that. Obviously the S4 should make an appearance. Do not release a Note 3 or a refresh on the Note. Save that for the fall. I would like to see sequel to the 7.7 inch tab. Wish they released that in the US.
24. maverick786us (Posts: 138; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
It will be too early to announce Galaxy S4 as its announcement will make people wait for Galaxy S4 and thus cannabalize the sales of S3.
26. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
7in tablet with a amoled screen :-D To good to be true.
i really hope they copy apple again because i really want a five row of icons LOL JK
27. half_21 (Posts: 44; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
i hope samsung focus more also on the design of their nxt flagship phone..i'm not saying that GS3 looks ugly,i'm just saying that they could make a phone that looks a lot better than that...SONY and HTC does it so why can't samsung?hmmm, also just use an LCD screen which is more pleasing in MY eyes( that's just me), rather than amoled screen which often has a yellow or blue tint...and also increase the brightness level of the screen, which their previous phone lacks a bit compared to other phones...
28. cGmC11 (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Is the rumored new brand name, logo change & finally better quality materials!
34. molanjames (Posts: 64; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Hoping to see the Samsung Galaxy 4 at CES! I hope Samsung can make Apple look like they are a generation behind!
37. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1292; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I wonder if Nokia will be there and will show a Nokia Windows 8 or Windows RT tablet. I saw some per production pictures of a red and Cyan (royal Blue) polycarbonate body Nokia
Windows tablets shaped similar to a gigantic lumia 900. Wow folks if they hit the market and they are well made they wopuld sell like Hot cakes on a cold day. people would form lines to get them because they have class
40. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Apple is crapping in there pants right now! after this they will be trying to sue for anything and everything.
Another article on here stated Tim Cook is implementing a new tactic to release TWO yes TWO devices a year WOW how does Apple do it that is astounding down right amazing(extreme sarcasm)..... He isn't trying a new tactic it's a last ditch effort cause Apple knows the only thing they have left going for them is their releases. Cause the Apple fanbase follows blindly so if they amp up their releases per year thats where they will make all of their money. Cause once the product actually makes it to the masses all of the issues are brought to light then the want and desire slows. So they do another release with hype(and just hype cause thats all it is no follow through). So if they keep up several releases then they can keep sales atleast declining at a slower rate then normal. Since that's all they are going to be doing is skating on the decline.