Samsung trademarks the term 'Hyper Bright Display' ahead of the Galaxy S 4 launch
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2013, 09:23 posted on
A US Patent and Trademark Office filing reveals that Samsung has just recently coined the term "Hyper Bright Display", and rushed to trademark it Monday so nobody can call dibs on the moniker...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Diego! (Posts: 573; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Hyper Bright Display = Transparent Display? :O OMG! *just wishing* xD
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Now please work on the Hyper High Volume Sound... It's really needed (speakers)!
22. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
The speaker volume is low, but the in call volume on my note 2 is is painfully loud. until its at 1/4 volume, then its too quiet.
37. McLTE (Posts: 820; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
maybe it's my rom (Eclipse) but my in call volume for my note2 is INSANE!!!
Turned all the way down it's still too loud! I'll take that though because with my GNexus, it was so damn quiet I couldn't hear anyone EVER.
36. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
and dont forget Hyper Clear Camera...
11. imkyle (Posts: 1073; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
So everyone could see what you are looking at? No thank you.
32. Suraj3337 (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Everyone dont have better work to do that keep looking at what your doing?
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wow indeed, look at the leaked photos, warm color tones, high contrast, deep blacks, natural white, good brightness. I'm a little worried about the blue subpixel though and it's life expectancy.
45. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12941; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They made the screen brighter. I don't see what the big rave is.
53. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Apple made the iPhone 5 screen slightly more saturated. Don't see what the big rave was.
57. lyndon420 (Posts: 4362; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
If it was apple, you'd be all over it calling it innovative. Seriously...do you ever have anything positive to say about any phone running Android?
3. samsunggalaxylover (Posts: 37; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I think the one on the galaxy s3 is better (I don't think that is the real phone)
4. cas_shekhar (Posts: 24; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
keeping my finger crossed for something extraordinary.
46. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12941; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It looks like the S3. I'm not really convinced.
48. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
BOTs are coded like that ... not your fault :)
5. apple.bb.htc.sony.nokia.rip (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
hyper bright display for making first 1080p phone, go sammy go!!!
21. mandar1997 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Are u drunk or sammu fan boy HTC DNA Is first 1080p phone
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3746; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I hope the S4 is supplied with a battery enough to hold all these features.
17. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
S4 has the highest battery and endurance rating among all other 2013 flagships upto now. Even the lg opt pro didn't impress with 3140mah battery.
23. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3746; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Did you see that 'tomorrow'??
You travelled to the future and back??
To something that's not officially released, you've got a real deal of details there.
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Where can we see these ratings,who made these ratings? Or it is your troll fantasies?
56. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i don't think that will be the case given that they will be using IR for gesture scrolling.
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3746; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oi, you no good, jobless thumb downers!!
Please do yourselves a favor and stop wasting your own time clicking the red button.
25. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
a bright 1080p display is bad news for any battery but given Samsung track record, battery life is the least of my worries.
41. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Simple solution: Tone down the brightness...
Hard solution: wait for a custom ROM with better power management and maybe a lower brightness setting...
Costly solution: Buy a bigger batter with a modified cover or batter juice case.
Best solution: Don't buy it if it's a battery hog.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hyper bright display, this means that the SIV will have very nice viewing angles, great job Samsung! :)
33. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The Galaxy S series has always had good viewing angles, thanks to AMOLED technology.
42. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Better viewing angles are one of the best advertisements there is.
What better way to entice other people to buy a phone than seeing the pristine screen from the side and making them want to see and hold one up close :D
8. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
hmmm well looks like ill be waiting on the next Nexus... this isn't something i will go out my way to pay retail for
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Wonder how bright that thing will be... Can't wait for JV to get his hands on one =-O
12. DroidGalaxy (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
We are all waiting for Sammy to show us that beauty peace of art tonight
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Why not go all the way in over the topness and call it HYPER BLAST DISPLAY?
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
What's it gonna have that htc's displays don't already have? Besides those unattractive oversaturated blacksd and blueish hue tint?
20. DroidGalaxy (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Htc fanboy just wait to see the beauty tonight, then after tonight you will keep your mouth full of s***t closed
27. Yeahman (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Oversaturated blacks? That makes about as much sense as 'loud silence'. You simply don't know what you're talking about.
34. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Buahahaha!! Ahh butthurt haters nowadays, they're so bitter that they no longer use their tiny brains before spewing BS. Oversaturated blacks, seriously! LMAO!!!
44. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Anyway better than your xperia z
It has one of the worst display with poor viewing angle and a poor camera only the design looks nice.
Only the design ............
55. jroc74 (Posts: 6004; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I will agree about the blueish tint. Its noticable on a white background. On games, movies.....not so much to not at all. And it mostly when you look at the screen from an angle, like tilt the phone. Straight on....its not that noticable to not at all.
Oversaturated blacks? lol.
Anyway....Your oversatured....color.....is my vibrant color, colors that pop. I probably will not go back to an LCD phone unless it comes close to Amoled pros, which is deep blacks, good contrast, good viewing angles, and "vibrant" colors.
18. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Well it wont be hard to upstage the display on the GS3 thats for sure. Of all of last year's flagships the GS3 had the dimmest display by far.
24. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Yeah nice to see it blinking and how he cannot turn it on or off as he wants!
Fail... And that is coming from an S3 owner!
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is too early to judge, what if he was showing us just a prototype?
29. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh come on, ultra pixel, hyper bright..cheap marketing BS
31. apple.bb.htc.sony.nokia.rip (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
and mindless nokia fans
35. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Let the haters hate! Tonight Samsung is going to unveil the SOTY 2013!
38. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No use .... someone will soon trademark Extra Hy per Retina Display or "EHRD" as they would call it for short and fans would go out of control and take a dip in Mud bath :D
49. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
There's a contradiction of two terms "Hyper" and "Cheap" ... ... so better luck next time baby ... ;)
54. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Something like saying Hyper DIM screen. It can't be a + and - at same time .. or may be in slang lingo it can :)
43. guinnkevinr (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Not to be a buzzkill or anything... But.. The application for this trademark was denied, as stated in the source link you've provided for this story.
47. oneeye (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
update: DENIED - someone never read the info:
Registration Refused – Descriptive Mark
Registration is refused because the applied-for mark merely describes features of applicant’s goods. Trademark Act Section 2(e)(1), 15 U.S.C. §1052(e)(1); see TMEP §§1209.01(b), 1209.03 et seq.
50. Mustang5Oh (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Actually the USPTO DENIED the trademark if you read the documents. :)
52. Trex95 (Posts: 900; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Hyper bright screen?!!! You must be kidding me Samsung, the same Chinese guy on this video made an screen comparison between Xperia z vs S3 vs S4 and Xperia z win more brighter and more sharpness. Don't believe guys check Gsmarena.com then dislike this comment.