Samsung to use phosphorescent green pixels in the Galaxy S III screen for improved battery life
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2012, 09:06 posted on
Samsung is reportedly using phosphorescent green for the pixels in its Super AMOLED HD Plus screen that is to grace the Galaxy S III. The trick allows for power consumption when displaying white to be on par with LCD displays at mid-brightness, thus eliminating one of the few advantages of LCD screens before AMOLEDs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The more & more I read about this new Super AMOLED Plus screen the more & more I am impressed with it! Wow Samsung is getting off!
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol i know i feel just the same,if this is true then my hype level has gone up a bar
11. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
2 Super Jealous ifans dislike your comment :D lol
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know, the technology IS impressive whether they want to believe it or not. Those are clearly HATE thumbs downs. lol
I am cool with it! :-)
I mean there is no dispute that the tech that goes into those Super AMOLED Plus panels is mind blowing! That was all I was stating!
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Not only ifans, there are also nokia fanboys and even haters from the droid side.
But who cares about these jealous and envious people?!
We're getting the best from Samsung!
35. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Nokia fan-boys still there?? I don't know what's there to like in those Symbian phones.. they look ugly too!! Windows ones lack functionality and flexibility!
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't get a chance to edit because someone posted right after I posted.
Hey thanks anyway!
37. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
fansboy or not fansboy, we must give applaus to new or better display technology, agree?
3. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I have always preferred to have a super amoled+ installed on my device. In my opinion its easier on the eyes, thats the main reason i got my epic touch is because of the gorgeous screen and gs2's reputation, also the fact that a larger screen means I don't have to strain my eyes nearly as much looking at the screen. This device just keeps shaping up to be better and better.
4. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Improvements of battery life is always a good thing!
The SG3 sounds promising
6. gayasarafe (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
wow!! Samsung are really the stepping up their game. I mean these kinds of things are really expected from apple only. But look......here's one
16. Retro-touch (Posts: 273; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Since when do Apple manufacture their own screens??? They just assemble, put iOS and put an apple logo while other companies like Samsung, LG etc supply the tech
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
but they demans top quality... lots of companies want to be te suppliers of Apple only the best make the cut... they dont settle for less is what he meant to say...
7. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
This also sounds like a confirmation of screen size at 4.6"..
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm impressed to see Samsung overtaking Sony in screen department. Koreans are serious competition to Japanese
36. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
it's probably Apple and their extreme, diehard Apple consumers hating on the Asian technology... iPhone's internal components were mostly made by Samsung right???
9. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Someone is going through trolling everyone on here by disliking their post. Immature if you ask me. Almost as Immature as someone blocking you on facebook because they got mad at you. My ex did that lol I didn't even do anything. Too obsessed with my cellular tech maybe? It isn't my fault I love the stuff.
14. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Its one of those immature iFans :D who else would do it??
They know SG3 is gonna clearly outshine their decade old iphone so they go dislike every post here :D makes me smile! Jelly much ifans?? lol
10. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
4.6 is too large for me :(
it would've beeb better if it is 4.3. but who cares!! , its the galaxy slll!!!!!!!!
17. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
On Cyanogen, I can change the browser to a black background and that works well enough for me. It's not perfect, but I don't need all-white screens anyway. Easier to read in daylight too in my opinion.
Hope XDA are ready for the SGS3!
18. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
this is totally offtopic, but since u mentioned cyanogenmod.. goddamit it's so frustrating it's been like a year since sgs2 was released but they still don't have the final version of the rom out yet. it's driving me nuts!!
19. ph00ny (Posts: 1245; Member since: 26 May 2011)
They need access to the source in order to finalize things like codec support etc. I highly doubt they will ever finish the CM release for SGS2.
Some of their devs have been whining about it for quite sometime now on twitter and g+
24. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Woow, instead of replacing the stolen and ever force-closing OS, they try to improve the display(which is again, not good, already). The new moto - ''Samsung - how hard can it be''! :)
26. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
right since Samsung develops Android... stfu bro
27. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol trolls are funny and deluded... I mean if you have no interest in android or Samsung then why even waste your time reading the article or are you that bored.