Samsung to sell its smartwatch under the Samsung GALAXY GEAR name?
0. phoneArena 04 Aug 2013, 18:59 posted on
About a month ago, we told you that Samsung had filed a trademark application for the name Samsung GEAR' right away, this was believed to be the name that the Korean OEM was going to apply to its upcoming smartwatch line. Speculation about the new device has heated up, pointing to a September 4th introduction of the watch in Berlin the same day as the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy Note III...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AnTuTu (Posts: 1010; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Bring this 'Gear' on along with the most awaited beast of this year ---->>> Note 3
13. Trex95 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Note 3 best of the year?!! last year Samfan said that Note 2 going to smoke any phone in the market in terms of speed and powerful hardware. Unfortunately Lg optimus g pro and Iphone 5 smokes Note 2.
15. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
iphone 5 smokes note 3.....what planet you on ??!!?!
25. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Look where Optimus g ended as far is i5 they need help even Nokia is catching lol
27. Trex95 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Nokia catching! perhaps with Lumia 720 and 620 but not with high end lumia's Lol.
2. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
You got the watch wrong it's a bendable screen all around
4. 1113douglas (Posts: 192; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
nothing thats why im not buying it. i have a gs4, and it cant be better than that.
6. iushnt (Posts: 808; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
its a companion to a smartphone. I think its useless without a smartphone coz it cannot work independently
19. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It can be strapped to your wrist and act like a watch. Your phone can't do that.
It's a companion to a phone.
Leave your phone in your backpack/pocket/jacket while doing things and get notifications on your phone.
One big thing for me is that when my phone is in my pocket, I seem to CONSTANTLY miss calls/texts because my phone is always on vibrate and I don't notice it. maybe I don't wear tight enough pants.. lol. Anyway, having the watch vibrate, to indicate a call/txt would be a boon for me.
I'm not sure if this watch will have it's own exercise tracking apps installed, but I know many people who use apps while running/biking. You could stash your phone and use the watch instead, or just have the watch display vital information - no digging out the phone.
And also there is the gadget factor.. they are just cool!
22. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wait till it comes out...it will connect with your phone as well as acting independently
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Nah, something designed by samsung cant't be that stylish (*pointing at the first render pic), it has to look a bit glossier in plastic with a center home button.
14. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yup, but at least it won't get any worse than this; like a big fat brick running a limited half-baked os.. And who knows, Samsung might start Design 3.0(Carbon fiber rumours) with this watch.
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
dude does your capacity for hating ever stop.....clearly not
8. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
milking the f out of the galaxy brand eh samsung...
if it sells....
9. TechBlue (Posts: 62; Member since: 06 May 2010)
I am sure Diick Tracy is very happy about this
10. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I guess you made it when everyone starts to hate you. Don't understand this hate about Samsung.
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
thank you someone who shares the same views as me!
11. tucutucu (Posts: 48; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
lol who rendered that ugly #$#$%? it's not even the concept...it'll be a whole flexscreen...
21. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a watch like that render. UGLY.
If I was designing it, it would be conservatively designed with the design making it look more like a watch first and a gadget 2nd.
I'll appreciate something I can wear that doesn't have the non-nerds pointing and laughing!
12. Trex95 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
A watch with quad core and 2 gig of ram Lol.
18. linaresx (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Just wondering when the smart watch iSue patten war will begin.
20. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
it'll go like this - Samsung will be to market prior to Apple. Apple is newly empowered to stomp all over copyright law because they have Obama to back them.. so they will grab a few critical designs from the Samsung watch and put a very nice watch on the market.
Samsung will sue and Obama will overturn it! Yay Apple!
Ok, that was a bit sarcastic. Hopefully there won't be any of that kind of law suit stupidity when everyone starts blasting watches on the market. I believe if the prices aren't horrid, it will be a pretty big market.
24. Morientes (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
""As we indicated earlier, Samsung is in a race with Apple to be the first to launch the new generation of smartwatches.""