Samsung to reveal "the next galaxy" May 3 in London, Galaxy S III launch?
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2012, 04:41 posted on
Samsung has started sending out invitations for a May 3 "Unpacked" event in London that is cryptically entitled "Come and meet the next Galaxy". That's just 17 days from now and we know the thoughts on everyone's mind - "Galaxy S III cometh!"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
33. GalaxyOptimus (Posts: 23; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
or maybe they make touch-wiz prettier. but you know, just saying
72. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I just can't buy a touchwiz phone because its that ugly. Them and LG just destroy Android with their horrendous UIs. Too bad they can't let you just turn it off. But that being said, rooting solves everything :)
76. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Completely agree. My sister has a Galaxy S II and touchwiz honestly looks awful. It's what has held be back from embracing Samsung lol. So cartoon-like and the amoled display brings it out even more. Time for a change.
30. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
i hope it has the same dimensions as s2 but have less bezel and on screen buttons to make space for larger screen. i am also hoping for bigger removable, battery and micro sd card.
35. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This is awesome. Galaxy SIII is gonna put other quad cores to shame.
Love samsung and will love to see Galaxy SIII commercials with iphone involved.
38. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
s3 may 3 there are two 3....this may also be a coincidence or samsung doing it deliberately....
42. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yay. And all the rumors said over and over again that Samsung plans to release the phone very shortly after its grand unveiling. With any luck we might see a may/june release. That would just be awesome.
46. bloodline (Posts: 704; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I love my galaxy Nexus, best phone I have ever owned(even owned s2)
But as soon as this confirmed, the galaxy nexus is straight on ebay !
48. Ridwan.yahya (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
i hope this gonna be "it"....the phone to beat in 2012, bring on the contenders.
49. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
wow somebody is really going on a trolling streak by thumbing down everyone
54. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
On screen buttons nfc and better UI please
55. dejahu (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Anyone want to take a guess on release date for NA? Thinking.......late July.
61. BenCjamin (Posts: 80; Member since: 13 May 2011)
It'll be in August right before the iPhone is set to launch. They want to beat apple to it.
59. Diego! (Posts: 536; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Hasn't anybody come accross to the question that maybe Samsung will announce the Samsung i9300 (a.k.a. the Olympic Phone) on May 3rd and they will announce the Galaxy S III on May 22nd?
I hope not, but just saying...
66. BenCjamin (Posts: 80; Member since: 13 May 2011)
That could be a possibility but i wonder if they'll be announcing them both, maybe at the same time? that would be nice.
60. azri05 (unregistered)
I really hope sammy improve the touchwiz without sacrificing performance. Give something that can rival sense 4.0. This is the voice of the "99%" casual user.
62. kunzj646 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
My friend works in samsung r&d..he said on may 3..we may see Note 2 and Refreshed note 10.1...rather than galaxys3..
98. wendygarett (unregistered)
I hate to say this but in Korea... May 3 is written as 5.3 as a date... Probably Samsung is trying to say there will be 5.3inches screen device that day...
63. rayman173 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I hope and pray that it hits the states with the exynos processor as well as the 2500 mh battery like the note....c'mon Sammy blow my mind......
64. BenCjamin (Posts: 80; Member since: 13 May 2011)
Amen to that! If it doesn't come with the exynos processor it's not near as amazing. Exynos = win qualcomm = fail.
65. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
breath of fresh air... isn't it? see how nice it is to have everyone focus their comments on the main article topic instead of bullying and name-calling...lol
out of 63 comments no bickering about iphone vs android...
you guys are just as sheepy as iphone users lol look at the comments...
but to give credit where its due... this phone is gonna be BEAST tho!
67. ironmarc89 (Posts: 50; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
OMG!!!!!! Finally. This on the 3rd, then Avengers on the 4th. #Nerdgasm
69. Diego! (Posts: 536; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
This was the best comment I've read today. LOL! xD
70. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I like to see the new Galaxy SIII
But I keep my Galaxy Note
78. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung better deliver or we will have a bunch of angry geeks
95. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you're the only angry one. dissing on every Android article.
79. Piotrek007 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I hope it will be minimum 1.8ghz quad-core ! And stereo speakers is a must please !
81. Walter.D.DROID (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
ABOUT TIME DAMN IT! The wait to FINALLY see the SGS3 is ending...sigh
84. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
I don't believe in coincidence, that picture MUST be a hint.
It's like the jelly beans jar at the Samsung (or Google?) boot during the mobile congress.
85. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Pretty sure its gonna be a hott phone. I was expecting a later may announcement but who cares.
87. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Thank god... I almost bought a Galaxy Nexus yesterday... Although, I doubt this is going to come to Verizon =(. Regardless, I won't use my upgrade now until I'm positive
90. jeroome86 (Posts: 243; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
So given the announcement on May 3. How much longer after that will we see a release? I guess this might have better specs then Htc one x. Tough decision to make.
92. eyephone (banned) (Posts: 69; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Will it be really on the third or diffrent date......
94. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
SO GLAD I SAVE MY UPGRADE for THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. i stay away from AT&T version of the ONE X. Cause i knew SG III WILL TOP ALL ANDROID PHONES
99. wendygarett (unregistered)
Good news, there will be 3 galaxy announced, a 5.3inch , a 4.8inch, and 4inch screen :)
100. Dutch1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! I HOPE THE MAJOR RUMORS DO NOT DISAPPOINT THE MASSES.