Samsung to reveal "the next galaxy" May 3 in London, Galaxy S III launch?
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Apr 2012, 04:41
Samsung has started sending out invitations for a May 3 "Unpacked" event in London that is cryptically entitled "Come and meet the next Galaxy". That's just 17 days from now and we know the thoughts on everyone's mind - "Galaxy S III cometh!"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
33. GalaxyOptimus posted on 16 Apr 2012, 06:34 2
or maybe they make touch-wiz prettier. but you know, just saying
72. Cwebb posted on 16 Apr 2012, 10:43 1
I just can't buy a touchwiz phone because its that ugly. Them and LG just destroy Android with their horrendous UIs. Too bad they can't let you just turn it off. But that being said, rooting solves everything :)
76. ahhxd717 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 12:09 3
Completely agree. My sister has a Galaxy S II and touchwiz honestly looks awful. It's what has held be back from embracing Samsung lol. So cartoon-like and the amoled display brings it out even more. Time for a change.
30. PackMan posted on 16 Apr 2012, 06:17 1
i hope it has the same dimensions as s2 but have less bezel and on screen buttons to make space for larger screen. i am also hoping for bigger removable, battery and micro sd card.
35. Jericho posted on 16 Apr 2012, 06:40 4
This is awesome. Galaxy SIII is gonna put other quad cores to shame.
Love samsung and will love to see Galaxy SIII commercials with iphone involved.
38. tharag posted on 16 Apr 2012, 06:59 2
s3 may 3 there are two 3....this may also be a coincidence or samsung doing it deliberately....
42. remixfa posted on 16 Apr 2012, 07:01 3
yay. And all the rumors said over and over again that Samsung plans to release the phone very shortly after its grand unveiling. With any luck we might see a may/june release. That would just be awesome.
46. bloodline posted on 16 Apr 2012, 07:25 4
I love my galaxy Nexus, best phone I have ever owned(even owned s2)
But as soon as this confirmed, the galaxy nexus is straight on ebay !
48. Ridwan.yahya posted on 16 Apr 2012, 07:30 5
i hope this gonna be "it"....the phone to beat in 2012, bring on the contenders.
49. kshell1 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 07:45 6
wow somebody is really going on a trolling streak by thumbing down everyone
55. dejahu posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:10 2
Anyone want to take a guess on release date for NA? Thinking.......late July.
61. BenCjamin posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:31 2
It'll be in August right before the iPhone is set to launch. They want to beat apple to it.
59. Diego! posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:28 2
Hasn't anybody come accross to the question that maybe Samsung will announce the Samsung i9300 (a.k.a. the Olympic Phone) on May 3rd and they will announce the Galaxy S III on May 22nd?
I hope not, but just saying...
66. BenCjamin posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:38 2
That could be a possibility but i wonder if they'll be announcing them both, maybe at the same time? that would be nice.
60. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:30 3
I really hope sammy improve the touchwiz without sacrificing performance. Give something that can rival sense 4.0. This is the voice of the "99%" casual user.
62. kunzj646 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:33 3
My friend works in samsung r&d..he said on may 3..we may see Note 2 and Refreshed note 10.1...rather than galaxys3..
98. wendygarett posted on 16 Apr 2012, 21:41 1
I hate to say this but in Korea... May 3 is written as 5.3 as a date... Probably Samsung is trying to say there will be 5.3inches screen device that day...
63. rayman173 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:33 3
I hope and pray that it hits the states with the exynos processor as well as the 2500 mh battery like the note....c'mon Sammy blow my mind......
64. BenCjamin posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:36 1
Amen to that! If it doesn't come with the exynos processor it's not near as amazing. Exynos = win qualcomm = fail.
65. good2great posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:37 1
breath of fresh air... isn't it? see how nice it is to have everyone focus their comments on the main article topic instead of bullying and name-calling...lol
out of 63 comments no bickering about iphone vs android...
you guys are just as sheepy as iphone users lol look at the comments...
but to give credit where its due... this phone is gonna be BEAST tho!
67. ironmarc89 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 09:42 3
OMG!!!!!! Finally. This on the 3rd, then Avengers on the 4th. #Nerdgasm
70. ivanko34 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 10:29 1
I like to see the new Galaxy SIII
But I keep my Galaxy Note
78. gallitoking posted on 16 Apr 2012, 12:24 5
Samsung better deliver or we will have a bunch of angry geeks
95. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 20:54 0
you're the only angry one. dissing on every Android article.
79. Piotrek007 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 13:19 2
I hope it will be minimum 1.8ghz quad-core ! And stereo speakers is a must please !
81. Walter.D.DROID posted on 16 Apr 2012, 13:45 1
ABOUT TIME DAMN IT! The wait to FINALLY see the SGS3 is ending...sigh
84. cellphonator posted on 16 Apr 2012, 15:14 1
I don't believe in coincidence, that picture MUST be a hint.
It's like the jelly beans jar at the Samsung (or Google?) boot during the mobile congress.
85. rockstarlive posted on 16 Apr 2012, 16:11 1
Pretty sure its gonna be a hott phone. I was expecting a later may announcement but who cares.
87. Saamic posted on 16 Apr 2012, 17:12 1
Thank god... I almost bought a Galaxy Nexus yesterday... Although, I doubt this is going to come to Verizon =(. Regardless, I won't use my upgrade now until I'm positive
90. jeroome86 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 18:01 1
So given the announcement on May 3. How much longer after that will we see a release? I guess this might have better specs then Htc one x. Tough decision to make.
92. eyephone (banned) posted on 16 Apr 2012, 18:13 0
Will it be really on the third or diffrent date......
94. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Apr 2012, 19:51 0
SO GLAD I SAVE MY UPGRADE for THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. i stay away from AT&T version of the ONE X. Cause i knew SG III WILL TOP ALL ANDROID PHONES
99. wendygarett posted on 16 Apr 2012, 21:43 1
Good news, there will be 3 galaxy announced, a 5.3inch , a 4.8inch, and 4inch screen :)
100. Dutch1 posted on 17 Apr 2012, 06:47 0
IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! I HOPE THE MAJOR RUMORS DO NOT DISAPPOINT THE MASSES.