Samsung to release yet another flip phone... with Snapdragon 800?
0. phoneArena 09 Oct 2013, 04:05 posted on
Sammy has introduced... or rather, re-introduced a modern version of a concept that we had thought has gone the way of the Dodo
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
20. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
this is just same old samsung. Only new thing is that they have android running on their crappy phones
5. HalaMadrid (Posts: 92; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Samsung is best nowadays. But pricing is ridiculous.
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 4087; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
no lack of choices when I want to spend my money on their products.
12. tech2 (Posts: 2904; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Exactly, for some reason people seem to think just because its too ridiculous to them and 'they' don't like it they should bash the company who are giving them options. There are still few people just for nostalgia's sake might end up buying. Also, it doesn't make other stellar phones such as S4 any less relevant. Its still a robust & complete phone.
They've estimated to earn an operating profit of 8 billion in Q3 2013. They know what they are doing and people seem the options.
18. Gaurav008 (Posts: 294; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I am not complaining or bashing here bouy. More devices means more choices for the end consumers. The thing is Samsung doesn't really take care (software updates and bug fixes) about the lower midrange or upper ones as well. They release this in boatloads and maintain properly only their Note, S-series devices lineup well ( real good ).
The midrange lineup more often than not suffer. I and my friends know because we have experienced earlier. Just look at their midrange and entrylevel lineup. So many. Only $15-$30 differences between them! This is blasphemous.
But their S, Note lineup has no competition whatsoever. Sheer brillance there!
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Exactly and this will sell well in China. I'm in Beijing right now and the W999 is more common than the HTC One here. Samsung know their markets. That's why their products are selling.
28. ph00ny (Posts: 665; Member since: 26 May 2011)
and we probably don't understand Chinese market as well as samsung if they're releasing another flip smartphone
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
S800 in a tiny phone - portable hand warmers (or cookers) anyone?
On a more serious note though, this phone will fly with its low res screen.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
So the Adreno 330 is going to push a 480x800 display? That'll easily max out the frame rate in all games on the Play Store.
26. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Hold on bro here comes the boost!!! But anyway flip phone thats more advanced then the iPhone. Who would have seen that coming...
10. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
What other just dream and think....Samsung makes it Real :D
17. matrix_neo (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
What's wrong if Samsung produce this kind of phone. I'm sure they have a market for it. They just giving us choices which important for us. Flip phones still being used in some countries like Japan. If Samsung failed it's not your business., they know what they are doing.
21. sniperdroid (Posts: 145; Member since: 23 May 2013)
If they're making it there must be a market for it. But still $3000!! I hope it comes in real gold and a direct line to the president.
25. xtroid2k (Posts: 504; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
see I would buy that because I do miss flip phones. Just not sure how I would harness the power??
27. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1560; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
sammy can do ANYTHING,what else..too bad this ones only for chinese market as mentioned..
29. xfire99 (Posts: 611; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
I bet this phone wont comes outside China and are meant for "old school" peoples. 3K isnt a problem for "old schools rich" peoples. Jacky Chan sure can afford this phone. :)