Samsung to produce Retina display panels for the Apple iPad mini 2?
0. phoneArena 19 Mar 2014, 04:08 posted on
The strangest love affair in history will get even more entangled than thought this year. Yes, we already told you that Samsung would be manufacturing some of Apple's A8 chips along with TSMC. But according to a new report, the two rivals have also agreed to have Samsung produce some of the Retina displays for the Apple iPad mini 2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1131; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Is there any way to understand which company has produced the display of mini2?
2. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
You'd probably have to take the device apart and look at the internal labeling of each component which specifies who produced it.
4. Lt.Green (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Samsung earning back the cash they paid Apple after loosing the trial. lol
14. willard12 (Posts: 778; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
They haven't paid Apple. It's under appeal.
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Where is that lampriya touting "retina displays is the best, samsung and others are cheap displays'' LOL.
7. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 488; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Got banned. Btw l'm really miss his ultra fanatical comments.
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3197; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol that day was fun. Master lampriya lol. But honestly i thought that i would get banned with that kind of comments.
6. techperson211 (Posts: 599; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
And they say that other company make poor objects how ironic that their getting parts from these company that they're mocking.
8. JMartin22 (limited) (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
This goes back to the whole "well China makes your US/Korean smartphones, so don't bash them" - they don't "make" them, they just produce them; based on the design and blueprints tailor made to them by the CLIENT to follow.
As much like Samsung, any parts supplier can make a phone when they have the specifications the client company provides them and expects them to build it in the way they fabricate it. So in that regard; Korean/US designed phones manufactured in China still usually beat Chinese phones designed and manufactured in China. There's a quality standard difference.
11. techperson211 (Posts: 599; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Did I say china nor Korea ? What did the article specify getting parts to PRODUCE THE DISPLAY. Which is by the way engineered by these company not apple. So before putting a comment or reply make sure you understand what you are reading.
15. willard12 (Posts: 778; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
The phone is manufactured in Foxconn. If supplying parts was that easy, wouldn't Apple use a company other than Samsung?
9. PAPINYC (Posts: 2277; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Why can't Apple produce their own displays, aren't [they] a "tech" compaNi??
"Built by Apple, Made by Samsung" ... lol
12. techperson211 (Posts: 599; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Exactly why can't they produce them themselves this so called innovative retina display .
13. gamblor77 (Posts: 71; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I understand it makes good business sense for Samsung to help out Apple. But I really wish they would tell Apple to go fist themselves and let them run into supply issues for all their BS lawsuits and whining. Johnny Ive is the most arrogant @sshole I've ever seen and his "talent" is VERY overrated. All these articles lately talking about how he "gets his inspiration" are just sickening... Like he's some kind of genius God when he's not. He happened to be in the right place at the right time and that's all.