Samsung to offer 70 apps for its Gear smartwatch, a dozen are on the way
0. phoneArena 06 Sep 2013, 09:53 posted on
Having a well-stocked app store is one of the necessary requirements for a platform to succeed and it is no different with Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch; 12 apps are coming to the timepiece soon and overall more than 70 apps will be made available for the watch. A published report on Thursday listed the dozen apps that are on the way and many should be familiar to smartphone owners...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. Sauce (Posts: 428; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Snapping creeper shots could turn out to be pretty fun. And the way the camera is designed and the way you take the shot is pretty shnazy !
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's just a watch. I don't see how it can really have that many apps.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5170; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
when your iwatch launches u be LIKE ITS INNOVATIVE. and they can put as many they can.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm pretty sure that Mxyzptlk will say something trite like a: "Shut up and take my money, Apple!". :D
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2699; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No he will FOAM at mouth .. he confessed the other day on that graphite iPhone picture. I don't know if he start digging the ground also after that :)
18. ardent1 (Posts: 1863; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Apple already had thousands of apps for its "smartphone". But, it wasn't called a smartphone.
14. Sauce (Posts: 428; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Apple will catch the next boat, just like Samsung did with their flagship smartphones.
17. Commentator (Posts: 1869; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Samsung jumped the gun with their boxy, predictable smartwatch.
3. chunk1x (Posts: 222; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
This watch is fully compatible with Note 3 and barely compatible with S4 or any other android device. Samsung is just trolling you with this junk.
4. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Although I would agree but I just read this morning that The watch will be compatible with the S4 and Note2 by October.
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1386; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The only reason it is currently only compatible with the Note 3 is because the Note 3 is their only device with 4.3. Once the S4, Note 2, & S3 are upgraded, they will be compatible also.
19. ngo2dd (Posts: 731; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Why do you need 4.3 for it to work. It is the same framework. Photosphere work on 4.1 with the right apk.
20. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1386; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't know the why of it. Probably has something to do with the fact that the watch runs 4.3 also.
5. selena1000 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
the truth is that this watch sucks big time
6. YodhaMali (Posts: 19; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Is this smartwatch plastic too? XD
A plastic crap to be compatible with another plastic crap. Jesus! I looooove Samsung! XD
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 490; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
this was Steve's Job to make you love what you didn't think you would, I'm just not seeing it with the gear