Samsung to offer 70 apps for its Gear smartwatch, a dozen are on the way
0. phoneArena 06 Sep 2013, 09:53 posted on
Having a well-stocked app store is one of the necessary requirements for a platform to succeed and it is no different with Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch; 12 apps are coming to the timepiece soon and overall more than 70 apps will be made available for the watch. A published report on Thursday listed the dozen apps that are on the way and many should be familiar to smartphone owners...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. Sauce (unregistered)
Snapping creeper shots could turn out to be pretty fun. And the way the camera is designed and the way you take the shot is pretty shnazy !
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3454; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's just a watch. I don't see how it can really have that many apps.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6380; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
when your iwatch launches u be LIKE ITS INNOVATIVE. and they can put as many they can.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm pretty sure that Mxyzptlk will say something trite like a: "Shut up and take my money, Apple!". :D
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No he will FOAM at mouth .. he confessed the other day on that graphite iPhone picture. I don't know if he start digging the ground also after that :)
18. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Apple already had thousands of apps for its "smartphone". But, it wasn't called a smartphone.
14. Sauce (unregistered)
Apple will catch the next boat, just like Samsung did with their flagship smartphones.
17. Commentator (Posts: 2387; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Samsung jumped the gun with their boxy, predictable smartwatch.
3. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
This watch is fully compatible with Note 3 and barely compatible with S4 or any other android device. Samsung is just trolling you with this junk.
4. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Although I would agree but I just read this morning that The watch will be compatible with the S4 and Note2 by October.
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2157; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The only reason it is currently only compatible with the Note 3 is because the Note 3 is their only device with 4.3. Once the S4, Note 2, & S3 are upgraded, they will be compatible also.
19. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Why do you need 4.3 for it to work. It is the same framework. Photosphere work on 4.1 with the right apk.
20. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2157; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't know the why of it. Probably has something to do with the fact that the watch runs 4.3 also.
5. selena1000 (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
the truth is that this watch sucks big time
6. YodhaMali (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Is this smartwatch plastic too? XD
A plastic crap to be compatible with another plastic crap. Jesus! I looooove Samsung! XD
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1422; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
this was Steve's Job to make you love what you didn't think you would, I'm just not seeing it with the gear