Samsung to launch new "A-series" smartphones following the Galaxy Alpha?
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2014, 07:06 posted on
Samsung online royalty SamMobile reports that the new Samsung Galaxy Alpha is actually the beginning of a new "A-series" of smartphones from the company. The initial launch is supposed to happen this year, starting with three new devices - the SM-A300, SM-A500, and SM-A700. ..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 284; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
1080p, bigger battery and SD support and you've got my money.
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3394; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah, but I personally don't liked the dimpled back cover in this Alpha. Hope they should change it, this design is very good till now.
16. Ashoaib (Posts: 2691; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this alpha dude is beautiful... why they didnt embraced this design for gs5, it might an instant hit, anyway past is past, lets look about the future...
assigning a new series is not a bad idea, it will be easy for catagorizing their branding... can we consider from now on A-series mean metal frame phones and other series mean plastic frame phones?... in my openion they should price it 50$ higher than plastic series to show the premiumness... percieved value is more important than real value
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3394; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
They already kept the price high.
22. NateAdam8 (Posts: 268; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
If they add SD Card support won't it become another Galaxy Device?
2. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
just like atrix said 1080 bigger battery micro sd and slightly larger screen would make me buy one
6. tech2 (Posts: 2862; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Well you can buy GalaxyS5 if you need all that, Mr. GalaxyS5.
8. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
but alpha looks better than s5
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I like the design, but hate the rear plastic cover.
Samsung's 2 best are: S2 and Alpha.
15. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Design doesn't matter it will be in a case at the end of the day.
24. tech2 (Posts: 2862; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
lol....so all he had to do was to ask for GS5 with metal frame instead of all those requirements.
26. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I bet nobody wanst gs 5 after the alpha
28. tech2 (Posts: 2862; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nope. There are many who still prefer functionality over form, If looks was all people cared about then GS5 wouldn't be the best selling android phone in the first place.
Remember GS5 still has the best and the brightest amoled display, is water & dust resistant, a great camera (which won several polls on PA and other places too), offers great battery life, etc just to name few.
11. neela_akaash (Posts: 334; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Better spill-out your frustration in articles related to galaxy s5. This article is not discussing GS5.
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2691; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yes it is but you should rather say that Alpha is beautiful bcoz it will be totally related to this article
20. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
in your dreams. #GetALife #LowEndBrandGuy
21. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
lol, indeed. that's what I have in my hand right now a GS5. but the GS2 design in the Alpha brings some memories to my mind ..
29. robertkoa (Posts: 52; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
I agree with Atrix also.
I can live without the Higher Res
Screen but am definitely hoping and lobbying for an Alpha Pro with thicker Body and this will allow SD Card, larger Battery , and possibly the larger Camera Sensor like Note 4.
Ironically this Alpha Pro would be more likely to beat Iphone 6 in some ways...
Not that I care at ALL about the Apple versus Android war, I just want s better Device.
3. chunky1x (Posts: 268; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I'm not sold with the Alpha series. Beautiful metal body covered by ugly cheap rubber case.
12. frydaexiii (Posts: 1318; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Hey Samsung, here's an idea, how about making the S series premium in the first place! What's the point of having 2 series, 1 premium build with lousy specs and 1 lousy build with premium specs, when you can have 1 series of premium build with premium specs? Seriously...gawd...
14. GreekGeek (Posts: 909; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Oh, more underspec'd overpriced crap.
What the developing market needs!
Keep it coming Sammy
qHD ftw lol
I seriously doubt that's low end ;-D
19. droopyar (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
i love Samsung Alpha. Just Samsung you need to add this to be a top seller: SDCARD, 1080 resolution, aluminion on the back and a bigger battery. Also an 8 megapixels front cameras for selfies. WIth this extras, you have my money and the product is TOP SELLER worldwide.
23. skymitch89 (Posts: 1179; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I wouldn't put our past Samsung to do something like this. Considering I believe that they're coming to the end of their Galaxy S line.
25. mamadathu (Posts: 48; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
5INCH SCREEN+1080P DISPLAY+3200MAH BATTERY+128 GB SD CARD SUPPORT+2 GB RAM AT A RESONABLE PRICE U HAVE GOT MY MONEY
27. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
3 gb ram for better performance
30. Chuck007 (Posts: 528; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Samsung if you are reading this (however unlikely):
1) Make the Galaxy A the "premium" series with current GS pricing. With new features that sets it apart from the other lines.
2) Make the Galaxy S a tier below the A series for at least 200 USD cheaper (say with relatively highend SOCs like the S801).
3) Introduce low-end devices with at least 720p screens to match.
Only way to battle the upcoming China smartphone war when it goes global IMHO.
31. Chuck007 (Posts: 528; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Oh and if the branding of the Galaxy S has prominence over the Galaxy A, reverse if possible.
This somewhat goes out to Apple too. Companies that has the RND resources to innovate like Apple and Samsung ought to stop concentrating on anti-competitive marketing and concentrate on delivering new technologies that sets it apart from the competition. If they don't quit slacking I can see the Chinese smartphone companies taking over in no time.
32. refillable (Posts: 825; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
What does that supposed to mean? S series targetting knowledgeable people while A series targetting for fashionable people?
Well anyway, I would prefer that they will use Beta after Alpha, then epsilon... Nah just kidding.