Samsung to launch a special gold Galaxy S4 edition
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2013, 07:31 posted on
Less than two hours ago, Samsung pretty much confirmed that a special gold edition of its Galaxy S4 bestseller is on its way to consumers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. Ninetysix (Posts: 1809; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yes jove39...that must be it. We all agree with you...
21. jove39 (Posts: 1386; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
To your point...I understand...there were gold phones before...but iPhone made them popular!
43. ady_lad (Posts: 77; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
I'm not saying that Samsung are not releasing the Gold S4 because of Apple, because they are. But to say that iPhone made the gold color popular is a bit dumb. Nokia had gold color handsets of their handsets way back, before iPhone even existed, and they were quite popular. PS: I think the S4 looks better in gold color than the iPhone 5s...
57. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
not even funny......its the same as i said to msa....just because apple do it doesnt mean everyone copies them!
Hell tommorow you will be saying that any colored phone is a complete rip off of the iPhone 5C
4. shahulvm (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Sammy is doing everything possible to increase its profits....F Series in metal, S series in plastic, 64 bit processor, flexible amoled screen (mind you the chips are not flexible still)..
Instead of all this, cant they just include that which could be on a day-to-day basis by ordinary consumer, like bigger battery, OIS etc..
6. Jason2k13 (Posts: 688; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
bigger battery? sammy got that covered and i guess we will have to wait till 2014 for OIS.
7. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
They will.., probably on their 300th variant of the same phone.
5. DONUT (Posts: 324; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
and we all know the real reason for a gold coloured S4
12. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
of course! Inspired by nature. Samsung gets its color inspiration from the Sun which is in a galaxy which is their names for their phones and tablets. That must be it.
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 1809; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Desert according to the pictures :) They were inspired by Earth's sand...that's it and nowhere else.
8. pslee (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
even as a samsung user, this is a little too much from samsung. they should focus more on uniqueness and innovation, rather than trying to mimic apple's strategy. I liked what LG and HTC did this year with new bold design and good UI.
9. Ninetysix (Posts: 1809; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
S4 Active in Gold announcement coming soon as well. S4 mini in different colors are also being tested.
11. Jason2k13 (Posts: 688; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
so if other companies like HTC makes gold phones, nobody complains but if its samsung it means they copied apple?
What new thing did LG do? their design looks like samsung galaxy series and the UI looks like touchwiz.
129. DONUT (Posts: 324; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
before saying tt the Optimus UI looks like Touchwiz, u should do some research. LG's UI has been the way it is since their first touchscreen phones (which was released before Samsung's). sure, certain features on the Optimus UI closely resemble features on TouchWiz, but the general look of the UI, Samsung copied LG
10. Tazer2365 (Posts: 46; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
And then they said that Samsung does not copy from Apple.
26. cezarepc (Posts: 633; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
True. Kudos to author for lighting the fire, it's been a while lol
103. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4149; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
What if it's just gold painted plastic.
Golden, hyper glazed, creaking, plastic. Ew.
16. nothingmuch (Posts: 184; Member since: 03 May 2013)
OMG! HTC made a gold edition too, oh and nokia 8800, and mybe the sony smart shot lens, a blackberry Q10, and the samsung Giorgio Armani from like forever ago, GEEEEEEZE this is a conspiracy, oh no Apple! gold colored phones are everywhere now because of you, who would of thunk of that!
32. nothingmuch (Posts: 184; Member since: 03 May 2013)
A little sarcasm for the "samsung copied again" barista's
17. melcruz66 (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Samsung always copying Apple. if Apple hits success with their gold iphone 5s.They immediately will make their own gold version. thats bad.
23. TheM16 (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Shame... shame... shame....
From an Android "LEADING" company.
24. Razrman (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I love Android, but come on Samsung, that's pathetic, always following Apple's footsteps, take your own path lol
108. willard12 (Posts: 992; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
130. DONUT (Posts: 324; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
than why wasnt the S4 originally released with a Gold option? why is it that after Apple ups their production for the Gold 5s, Samsung decides to out a Gold variant for their own phone?
135. willard12 (Posts: 992; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Or....why us it that after the 6th iteration of the iphone is apple deciding to make a gold colered phone? Maybe you can't see the links that clearly show samsung made gold devices years before apple. Maybe you just want to pretend it doesnt exist because you live in a pretend world where apple invented everything. So, heres some bad news for you: Santa isn't real, gold phones and tablets existed before the ip5s, and apple INVENTED NOTHING. Why don't you hold Apple to the same questioning standards as you do Samsung? So, samsung can't make a gold phone anymore because apple decided to make one......4 years after samsung. Please come back next year and explain why the iPhone's screen us bigger, like Samsung's and apple is just now deciding to make big screens. I'll be standing-by.
136. DONUT (Posts: 324; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
hahahaha lmao you are such a typical samsung fanboy. first of all, lemme clear up, i AM NOT an Apple fanboy, i dont even own an iPhone/iPad, ive been a staunch supporter of Android all this time. secondly, did i say anywhere that samsung didnt have gold phones? im very aware that samsung had gold phones. my question is, if Samsung had intended to release a gold S4 originally, why wait for the iPhone 5s to see how the gold colour does? the timing of this is very fishy, which is why im questioning Samsung. just bcos Samsung released a gold phone YEARS ago, doesnt mean apple copied it. its just a colour variant tt everyone is free to use. but again, Samsung's timing is questionable. so get the samsung shades of ur eyes and look deeper. and how can u say Apple doesnt invent anything? is it bcos they out source their parts which means they dont invent? lol typical samsung fanboy. pls come back to me when u brain is able to see the things beyond "Samsung"
30. VLaRueC (Posts: 142; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I'm pretty sure Motorola made gold popular with the Razr flip phone. But before that, I want to say Audiovox made gold phones. Point is, gold phones go way back and I'm not surprised.
47. ady_lad (Posts: 77; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
Nokia had gold handsets even before Razr came out too, so i guess Apple didn't invent this trend, they just brought it back...
33. taikucing (unregistered)
Gold plastic? LMAO.
It looks even cheaper
34. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
Fix the lag first! I cant even answer calls due to lags of my s4!
38. barondebxl (Posts: 106; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Losing mad respect for Samsung. Just stop it
40. E.S.1 (Posts: 295; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Do you think this one will have Snapdragon 800?
42. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Hah! Gold phones are hideous period IMO, but you can't blame Samsung for trying to get a bigger piece of Apple's market share than they already have. Too funny!
45. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6900; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Dont need a golden phone that includes golden iphone.
49. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
WHAT EVER You say isheeeeps. This will look great again. And to other Jealous Haters of Samsung come on. Other companies copied each others too. Like LG copied the some designs and UI's of the S series of Samsung and Nobody bothered to care since LG is just Lame Company for Mobile phone. I understand your bitterness to Samsung that's because it is the current Smart Phone Provider and Leader that other companies are trying to bring down. Hahahaha Go on Samsung, many people will love and buy this. Way to go Samsung!
51. bucky (Posts: 1647; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Problem is Samsung makes fun of apple and yet they would tae places with them in a heartbeat. Everyone copies in the tech world but Samsung is shameless and doesn't try to hide it at all
131. DONUT (Posts: 324; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
"LG copied the some designs and UI's of the S series of Samsung" honey do ur research before posting statements like tt. LG's UI have constantly looked the way it is from their very first touch screen device (only one or two had diff UI designs). and LG released a touch device before Samsung. Samsung's UI resembles LG UI from the get go. Just bcos Samsung is more popular now it doesnt mean LG copied them when Touchwiz was based of LG's original touch ui
54. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Wow this gold phone thing is really going to catch on? Smh......
60. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
To all the inept i$heep on this site please please explain to me ANY case where samsung have copied apple!!!!
(likewise to any sammites who belive apple copy samsung!)
66. bucky (Posts: 1647; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
There are enough posts by both phonearena and users.
One could claim you are being the inept one. Btw, that word doesn't really go here if I understood what you trying to say.
67. papss (unregistered)
Gold HYPERGLAZE power up! Can you imagine how ugly this thing will look with shiny gold colored paint? Ugh..
68. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2269; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
For Christ's sake people, there is a difference between using a similar color and using the exact same color. Unless they're using the EXACT same color, they're simply offering what people are after. Yes the iphone brought this on, so what should others have done? Just say "Ho hum, people seem to really want gold/champagne phones, but someone else already did it. Guess we lost our opportunity." If businesses did that instead of jumping on what the public wants, they'd slowly go out of business. And let's face it, a color is a far cry from features or tech, and besides that is public domain.
69. nothingmuch (Posts: 184; Member since: 03 May 2013)
73. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
gotta move to wp8, haha!
I think Samsung company is incorporated with apple! haha! aint competition anymore, they were just copying with each other, to the extent that innovation has come to the end... everything is according to their plans... haha!
81. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I don't see anyone copying when using gold as a color option, really come on.
Fight over this detail fanboys and you'll be the fodder for the next wp add.
About this story an phone, this imo looks bad.
84. Taters (Posts: 3707; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Samsung haters are hilarious with the lame copying Apple claims. They had a s**t brown GS3. You don't gold and pink was in the cards well before that.
Like someone else said, Samsung has had gold tab 3's and note 8's well before the gold 5s.
When will the idiots learn. Samsung MAKES EVERYTHING and just because Apple ends up releasing something first before Samsung getsbaround to it, it doesn't mean they copy. Samsung is fast at manufacturing but they still need to make money. Rushing out a gold edition of anything is not a smart use of money. You still have to, you know plan, order, change your factories etc. This was started a long time ago.
86. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
always copy,..,,,now its time to copy color as well
89. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2269; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Samsung came out with multiple colors for their phones (as did HTC & Moto) while Apple stuck with white and black, so by your logic the 5c is copying them. Or does this argument only work one way in your mind?
91. Taters (Posts: 3707; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple , their fans, and the American jurors are just plain retarded and like to think that the world revolves around them and that they are the only ones capable of innovating.
Its sad really.
117. Taters (Posts: 3707; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
No it is not. You need to rework your intuition if you sensed jealousy. Lol