Samsung to launch a Galaxy Note 4 with bent display this year, foldable Note 5 in 2015
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2014, 03:04 posted on
Samsung will be releasing a phone with "bent" display later this year, Korean media reports, and it will be part of the Galaxy line still. The company showcased such a prototype when it was introducing its YOUM brand of flexible mobile display panels at last year's CES. The display was rolled over the edges, showing separate notifications and info tickers on the side of the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Man,... These Guys do mean Business.. Good for us...
2. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Hope bent smartphones will be more affordable this year. Both the Round & Flex were ridicoulusly pricey.
3. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Oh Samsung, are you copying again?
BS aside, there is really no denying that Samsung is on the bleeding edge of cutting into new technologies.
The foldable Note 5 could be the kind of a game changing product that will put even Apple's achievements to shame.
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3503; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
There's a fodable phone. Released last year already.
10. HASHTAG (Posts: 243; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
And there was also a foldable phone years before that phone ..... The Kyocera Echo :D
13. Hammerfest (Posts: 378; Member since: 12 May 2012)
As a Kyocera Echo owner... What Samsung is doing so far can not even be considered anything CLOSE to what the Echo is...
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Too bad the screens aren't foldable though..
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1909; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Nice to see Samsung pushing technology further. I just hope that it improves functionality. I'm still a bit skeptical about bendable/foldable displays.
5. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Ummm, just let's see what will Cupertino gank do.
7. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Foldable Note 5: I see no real use of it. I like to see more durable and waterproof version. Nothing too extreme in protection but more like close to or better than Sony Xperia Z1.
15. TruPatriot (Posts: 95; Member since: 27 May 2013)
Why don't you wait until you see an actual model before you claim there is no use for it.
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1606; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
How are we gonna hold a phone with screen On the sides?
12. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
I love using iPhkne but this is amazing!!! Good for Samsung they are the masters of flex display(:
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now that's the GALAXY PHONE i'm waiting for .bendable note 2015! Skipped 1-4GS. SKIPPED NOTE 1-4.
16. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Bent? Perhaps. Foldable 2015? I doubt it. Maybe 2017 or 2018.
17. wilsong17 (unregistered)
we test dummy
18. jeimkle (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Do you have an inside source for this information? Maybe you know the future and if that is the case may I suggest picking lottery numbers. Wait a minute.... I know what you did last sum..... nevermind..... this stupid guessing game is harder than I thought
19. hiteshjaina (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I love the Samsung Note 3 but I feel Note 4 beat note 3