Samsung to call its upcoming phablets 'Galaxy Mega', 5.8" and 6.3" variants in the works
0. phoneArena 02 Apr 2013, 03:08 posted on
There's a new rumor floating around that Samsung is going to introduce a new branding for its upcoming 'phablet' devices. According to SamMoble, the two phablets that are said to be in the works, which are rumored to feature a 5.8" screen and a 6.3" screen, respectively, will have the name 'Galaxy Mega' and will not be part of the Galaxy Note series...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
there are more phablets coming!
i wish they should start making innovations, not making it much bigger.
9. omar300 (Posts: 171; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
4.8 was a sweet spot. so far every company this year has missed that. we need better camera(not more mp) and bigger battery.
above all a stylish device that looks like it was worth $700
22. vincelongman (Posts: 1018; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The 5" S4 is slightly smaller than 4.8" S3
And HTC One is 4.8"
37. ph00ny (Posts: 587; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Wait what's wrong with the 5" form factor when it's physically smaller than the 4.8" it's replacing?
34. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 760; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I agree, i think Samsung's lineup outside of the S and Note is getting very confusing..
2. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Samsung please no 6.3 inches for the Note3. I beg you.[+]
10. omar300 (Posts: 171; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
like his user name, he just read one third of article.
13. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
read the article my friend. I even read the original source from sammobile. I was just referring to the rumored 6.3 inches for the Note3. Read sammobiles article first. [+]
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Galaxy Note 5 = holding a 7.5 inch slab against your face and looking like a retard. I could imagine that happening, in fact the 8 inch one that came out recently is already one example.
18. omar300 (Posts: 171; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
this is why i jumped from sinking ship of Samsung to Sony. Xperia Z :)
23. MistB (Posts: 551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Just wait until sony unveil a 6.4 inch phablet. I still think anything smaller than the 7 inch screen isn't big enough as text is still quite awkward to read despite the fact I have excellent eyesight. I hope the Sony Togari has a res of 1200p at least.
25. oister85 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Sinking ship samsung ??? I dont think samsung is sinking
29. MistB (Posts: 551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Just another Sony loving Samsung hater, just jealous that Sammy is pummeling the smitherines out of a has been. I mean I personally use an Xperia T but nothing really special IMO.
27. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
MY friend bought the XZ and in all honesty it is not as impressive as I thought! It looks stylish but the screen contrast is very lacking and quite boring for a fullHD screen. Plus the camera is not as good as the HTC one, S4, or iPhone 5. Ive always hated the Sony android skin and I thought they would haven't improved but no
33. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
i lol'd when he said samsung a sinking ship
dude samsung is god of android deal with it
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
At this rate, people are going to have a hard time differentiating between a 7 inch phablet and a 7 inch tablet.
And this time round, people will start joking about Samsung's growth in phone size just as Apple did with the length of the iPhone (minus the features)
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1309; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i think many will shift to the below 5" options if they continue to increase the screen size
19. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I wonder when will the next galaxy phone be as big as a galaxy.
8. areeeeez (Posts: 15; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Damn! everything got more and more bigger nowadays...
14. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, I told you this weeks ago PA.
False modesty aside - I'm really proving my self right over and over in these kind of things here.
The Exynos/Snapdragon combination in S4 due to production yield issues, the S4' size not being bigger than S3, the S4 leaked "Chinese" variant being the real one - to name the rest.
24. MistB (Posts: 551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This is actually the fonblets which are low end devices aimed at the emerging markets. The note is the 5.9 inch size, looks like there won't be a 6.3 inch variant for the Note 3 :(
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh and it makes sense..kind of. In order to avoid confusion with different size variants- or even to make it sound more prominent, building on the Galaxy name - they'll scrap the Note moniker and release the Mega branding
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Start wearing "Pyjamas" to office if you want to carry this in pocket ... who knows Samsung might sell them as "Accessories with a prefix "S" :D
26. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5169; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Looks like I need to suffer a "pockety pain".
(If you know what I mean)
28. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I feel that the Note 2 is an exclusive line in the Samsung portfolio because of its hallmark size and I hope that Samsung restrict themselves! Most of their phones range in the mostly 4 inch mark with the Galaxy S3, 4 and Grand Dous being an exception. Making Galaxy Mega series with a massive screen can dilute the Note line of products as the screen size of the Note is one of its major selling points!
30. nanbanda (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
samsung note has reached its zeneth in terms of size, which i am enjoying(note 2), please do not make it any bigger.... or well all have to wear 3/4 every where...:) with deep pockets...
31. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 977; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
these phones are getting too big even for big guys like me. phones should be no bigger than 5.8" and if they keep this up, they'll eliminate the need for 7' tablets like the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Tab 7.0