Samsung the top Android dog in China April-June, HTC follows, Galaxy Ace most popular
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2012, 08:11 posted on
According to the Chinese research firm Umeng the Android market is currently dominated by Samsung with 23.8%, followed by HTC, Motorola, and the locals from ZTE and Huawei. The "Others" category represents just 6.5% of the market. The firm counted device activations with at least one app session among the 40, 000 apps it tracks in the April-June period...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. megaSUNNY (Posts: 66; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
GREAT NEWS!!! but they should really improve their build quality
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
but build quality wise... motorola own them!!!
5. whoisnetworkdood (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
nope...why would they want an outdated OS/model?
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1667; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That photo over there is what I exactly saw when I went to china but mostly the phones I saw were iPhone, sgs2/3, note(of course there were also htc,sony,lg,etc.) I don't think they can live properly without these smartphones, because in every place you go, you will always see some people using them(usually besides texting and calling, they're using it for it games,apps or watching videos). Let's just see what xiaomi, huawei, zte, meizu will do for them to change the game...
6. hitmantb (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Cheap handset dominate the country, unless Apple launches low end models there they will remain a luxury item/status symbol, not mainstream.