Samsung: 'the Tizen phone will be out in August or September, and this will be in the high-end category'
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:20
Lee Young Hee also added that “the device will be the best product equipped with the best specifications,” so we are eager to see what the company has in store come late summer/early fall...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kostas12ldb posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:22 14 4
Now THIS is great news!!!
Thanks Sammy for taking the Tizen platform seriously!
14. joey_sfb posted on 15 Mar 2013, 09:19 4 0
I like the idea of having another open platform on the market in case Android get complacent. We can have another choice just that Android take 5 years to get here and I don't one to buy an incomplete product.
So please Samsung and Intel put in your best resources to make it work!
21. MobileJunkieJr posted on 15 Mar 2013, 10:14 3 0
Android/Google will never be complacent. If there ever be one that's complacent out of the two, it'll be Samsung. And it has already started... You've got the wrong picture.
29. jcarrigan posted on 15 Mar 2013, 17:52 2 0
not that im not a fan of some competition and choice in OS but we already have Windows, Apple, Android, and Blackberry. How many more do we need? Granted windows and blackberry have been completely lackluster since 2009 but arent we just going to confuse the midless billions in this world with too many choices?
2. badero posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:29 4 1
That's fine, provided that they update the Samsung Wave.
We want TIZEN for Samsung Wave.
19. MobileJunkieJr posted on 15 Mar 2013, 10:11 0 0
Okay. Assuming the Wave series are an "incomplete" product with reference to your comment.
Why don't you blame Samsung for making an "incomplete" series instead of blaming him for buying one?
20. nlbates66 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 10:11 1 0
won't happen, unless you want to wait for the android project on xda to get calling functionality it's probably best to throw any wave devices away at this point.
30. jcarrigan posted on 15 Mar 2013, 17:54 0 0
The only thing thats going to piss me off is if they start making better more high end phones on tizen instead of android. if you want to add another OS in this world, at least make it equal with the same phones. I actually quite a few people that would gladly had an Android Nokia phone or a Windows Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.
6. rusticguy posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:39 3 0
Yes ... they are looking at how Google can catch every vendor by their balls some day ... so they are making first move away from that situation ... better be safe than sorry as saying goes and who knows if the succeed then you will have both google and apple suing samsung in tandem :)
12. PunyPoop posted on 15 Mar 2013, 09:09 3 0
They want their own OS. They are a big Company now, they have all the capabilities to leave the android OS
5. rusticguy posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:38 0 1
Hey Ho ......
Listen to this ...
What will HTC come out with ... TARZAN Phone? :D :D
Wish Samsung comes out with a high end Ubuntu Phone too and truly breaks out of the the SAME-sung mode :)
7. kostas12ldb posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:42 4 0
Actually, the only company that combines high-end hardware development and OS development is Samsung, after Nokia quitting on MeeGo & Symbian OSs.
Samsung has now a GREAT opportunity to rule them ALL now.
I just wish that TIZEN will receive the appropriate "love" from software devs...
9. rusticguy posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:47 7 1
Yes i agree.
(1) Sony is a case of Good HW with failed SW implementation as always
(2) HTC is all about Apple style now ... fool the client with exteriors and by attacking the competition. No wonder both sink (and stink)
(3) Nokia : Right Company with a Wrong OS
34. Trex95 posted on 17 Mar 2013, 12:41 0 0
I don't understand why you guys hates Apple for no reason does Samsung bay you or something! I'm Android user I own 4 Android device S3, note 2, xperia T and xperia S and still respect Apple for what they did.
BTW if there's no IOS no Android sample as that dislike me now .
8. dynamo.one posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:45 1 0
i don't know if this will work...Android is really well established..but sounds interesting..we will see..
10. sonofzeus posted on 15 Mar 2013, 08:50 2 0
Good thing they did not drop the project,like what nokia did to meego
11. PunyPoop posted on 15 Mar 2013, 09:08 0 1
Now this is why the S4 is a mediocre phone. I may be wrong but they will pour out all the premiumness on this device. Flexible Glass, Dust Proof, WaterProof, and so and so.
13. yero789 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 09:14 0 0
I think Nokia should've saved Symbian as a backup plan.That OS was the best os with great futures,it just needed some work on it.First of all,it needed good apps,and more apps,then,it should've supported high-res screens.Oh I miss Symbian times,even though good apps in OVI market are so expensive :D
16. lyndon420 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 09:25 1 0
If Android apps can run on Tizen they may do well with it. Then again there may end up being a lot of friction from their previous partners (ms & Google). It will be interesting to see if they all develop for the platform or take apple's approach and keep everything to themselves.
17. lyndon420 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 09:31 1 1
I would actually like to see ms keep their apps on their own platform, and the same goes with Google. I think its funny when people buy a ms phone and expect apps from Google. Don't buy a Google phone expecting ms apps.
18. Mube1 posted on 15 Mar 2013, 09:54 0 1
Cheater samsung :@ :@ what abt the bada users no support, no sw update,no apps why?u cheat us samsung for make a useless phones
23. rusticguy posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:01 1 0
And the phone still runs flawlessly. My Brother's wife has a Wave II phone. Runs excellent.
22. papss posted on 15 Mar 2013, 10:29 1 1
Too bad it isn't someone other than SS making a tizen phone right now.. I hate SS as they are in their current state.
24. Sun_Wukong posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:06 0 0
And yet another new OS to compete with the new, crowded cohort of other OS releasing this year, like BB10, Firefox OS and Sailfish... as well as Ubuntu next year. Interesting to see how they play out...
25. speckledapple posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:08 0 0
This is samsungs end game. They want their own OS that produces for them. Looks like a fork is certainly coming but with the company so dependent on Android, I cannot see that happening soon. Though it would be interesting if all of a sudden that just stopped focusing on Android which could very well spell the end to them and their investors. Oh the humanity.
26. JunitoNH posted on 15 Mar 2013, 11:52 1 0
Lol Google now, $amsung will totally ripoff Android. Just like Google took the liberty to ripoff iOS. So yeah.....this is great news.
27. starandmountain posted on 15 Mar 2013, 13:57 0 0
Will it be the note 3? it's at the same period!!
32. yahoo29 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 09:35 0 0
I think too that Note 3 will be having this os But I wish it will not.
33. MC1123 posted on 16 Mar 2013, 18:26 1 0
LAME! jolla's sailfish will take over!! its way better and definitely dont look the same that anyone!
tizen is another copycat that samsung is pushing! looks exactly like and android or iOS!