Samsung 'tempering' investors expectations on the Galaxy S4 sales
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3493; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Oooooo....oooo......Galaxy T series!!!
5. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I told you that samsung s4 is garbage!
8. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
and we told you we dont care and to stop trolling you uselss human being....
13. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I am not trolling, I worry about you, I do not want you to get stuck with this plastic toy device.
15. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
plastic toy....oh thats why 20million people have bought one.....dude just shut up your fighting a losing battle...
16. polrt (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Because children are still in need toys.
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
so your calling 20million people children.......hmmmm.....im not even gonna go all rage on you because i can see your mind doesnt work perfectly...
3. Diego! (Posts: 546; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Will next generation of Samsung Galaxy come with bendable screen? :D
10. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
well withe design 3.0 i would think so besides its either samsung or lg who will bring that tech to life
11. Diego! (Posts: 546; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Nice, that will be awesome! Who is thumbing us down? WTF?
4. cripton805 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Samsung knows how to sell phones without the silly marketing of some of the competition. With their marketing they actually show the phone and its features.
6. saadasadkhatri (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yes, nice ethical marketing strategy by hiring firms to bad mouth about other company's products. Case in point the hiring of an agency by Samsung to write fake bad online reviews about HTC's flagship. Google "Samsung probed in Taiwan over 'fake web reviews'"
7. shahulvm (Posts: 123; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Samsung...swipe the hand to answer the call was in Pantech Vega almost one year ago and they bring it out now.
Just wish to see its sales go down with the premium prices for plastic. I do agree that plastic is durable, but the price sammy charges is too much...
14. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
they charge a lot because there bom is higher due to the components they use and there screen is one of the most expensive out there.. to produce a s4 is actually more expensive than an iPhone 5 which has "premium" metal so if the s4 was made out of "premium" metal it probably would have been more..
12. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
sony and nokia arent a threat to samsung...
17. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
not in high-end, but in mid-range and low-end, yes. and as said in the article, samsung is trying to cover the midrange as well
18. jsdechavez (Posts: 713; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nokia and Sony will win in the mid-range.
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
really....how will 3 nokia midrange models compete against 20 samsung midrange models....
21. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
i fail to understand how quantity matters in this equation...
22. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
i have no idea... how does an armed army of 3 defeat an unarmed, untrained army of 20?
25. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Unarmed and untrained....well so far just because the Samsung midrange phones have android there already well in front for the majority of people so there hardly unarmed or untrained.....
30. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
well, its like this. nokia will definitely get the low end coz android is not built for it, it requires top notch hardware to provide a good experience and half the apps wont run in the low end so apps are out of the question. while wp8 runs as fluently as the high end. low specs render half of android's goodies useless. in midrange, again android does lag except maybe rarely at the high-mid end. there i think the only good phones are xperia sp and perhaps the s4 mini. wp8, again offers high end performance even in midrange and nokia packs awesm harware. wp8 is getting awsm and exclusive apps too so there is tough competition for samsung.
27. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
People don't want Samsung, they want Galaxy S. Samsung midrangers have nothing to offer that LG, HTC, Pantech, etc. don't already offer. As for Nokia, they can reel in the remaining dumbphone users with their midrangers.
26. kanagadeepan (Posts: 866; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
OH HO... These analysts and their conclusions...
28. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Samsung is going to take EVERITHING. The winner takes it all. They are the best. Just try to live with that.
But it will not be forever. Only the Unique iBreed, can believe that some brand can be always on the top- even the shining, cheap tin-can, can not help it.
29. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Hmm interesting. If they concentrate more on the mid range, I wonder how it will affect the GS4 and Note 3. Not sure this is the right strategy unless they are going to give in to media pressure and make the GS5 and Note 4 with really hard to mass manufacturer materials. I hope they ignore it though and just concentrate on making the GS5 as compact as possible with a big screen and big battery like they usually do. Also use the material that is the most durable and easiest to cut perfectly. I am so OCD that these metal phones with gaps galore and crimping marks drives me nuts. A perfectly sculpted piece of plastic is fine with me. If the metal has gaps cough HTC One and nicks out if the box cough iPhone 5, no thank you.