Samsung teases transforming Windows 8 tablet/laptop
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2012, 17:41 posted on
It looks like Asus isn't the only company that's embracing the transforming tablet/laptop idea, and Samsung may be jumping into the market as well. The only thing is that Samsung isn't coming with an Android device, this will likely be a Windows 8 device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 918; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Apple already sued the living diarrhea out of you Samsung. I hope this design isn't too similar to Asus's Transformer line because on that round I will not be backing up Samsung. I will support Asus to the fullest... My humble opinion... Ready to get thumbed down...
3. Aeires (unregistered)
Not everyone is lawsuit crazy like Apple. Some people actually understand that there's only so many design patterns that can exist while maintaining function.
10. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'd still go with Asus because there's no horrid Touchwiz skin. Yuck.
29. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
You know... the one...
Lol, oh yeah. Forgot this is a Windows tablet. :P
20. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
its not a Phone?! it's a PC...TouchwiZ is non-appplicable
13. The_Godfather (Posts: 146; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Birds:- Of course you'll get thumb down cause we are backing up a company which has its own class and give consumers what they need.
If you look at Apple, they don't have any shame what they have been doing. I am more than sure that the sales for iPhone 5 or whatever you call would be drastically low. Why because Apple is biting that hand which feeds it.
And moreover Apple means same design over and over with a high price tag. Well I believe you don't have any technical background after looking at your comment so don't want to say anything else.
Sammy I love you and just waiting for my Note 2 :)
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
so i wonder if ASUS will also sue samsung for its design... hahaha.. oh samsung.. why you always copy? where's the innovation?!
4. pegasso (Posts: 129; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
i think it's a laptop with S-Pen stylus.
so it's basically a Galaxy Note with built-in keyboard
5. jimjam (Posts: 227; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
They obviously showed three elements in the clip - 1. keyboard 2. Tablet lid (how many laptops have ports in the lid????) 3. S Pen.
Obviously the windows 8 transformer with s pen.
Looking forward to it.
6. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
This will be what I will be looking at for my next laptop. Something like a tablet/laptop Win8 combo. They have 4 years to perfect this before I buy one since I just got a new laptop a year ago.
7. Dunknown (Posts: 80; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Why can't Samsung stick with Android. Having a Windows os. Samsung really afraid to lose. Don't really like Samsung. Broke my Samsung S3 few weeks later due to over used (take too much picture). Really sucks. I think Motorolla, Sony and Nokia are better than Samsung. Going to try either NOkia 808 or the latest pureview tech or Sony Xperia. Samsung in my mind has a bad reputation. Nokia, Sony and Motorolla never let me down. I used them till the battery is totally disintegrated.
14. CypherCross (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
What are you talking about? samsung should sick with android? why move to window? um samsung as been working with window OS for the past 20 years. they have windows OS tablet for a while. Samsung is not exclusive to only android you know. they make computer, laptop, notebook and ultrabook with windows OS for awhile.
18. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 640; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Some people r just plain stupid. Samsung doesn't create Galaxy tabs only idiot. I think the last Windows tablet that is available is Samsung Series 7 Slate. And if u did watch Microsoft Windows Phone 8 summit, they were also using Samsung tablet. Get your facts right before u post. Cos that makes u look stupid.
26. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1437; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Why can't Samsung stick to Android?
- Because they were already one among windows partners. Long before you knew Samsung Galaxy 3. There was Samsung Windows Mobile. Samsung also like to try out different OS like Symbian, Tinzen and Bada. And since Windows Mobile is dead and Windows Phone is born, it make sense for Samsung to use Windows Phones.
- Moreover on desktop environment Samsung was already using Windows XP/Vista/7.
In short Samsung was already present with different OS before they joined Android.
Finally there is Samsung Chrome Book, using Chrome OS made by Google.
8. huypaulha94 (Posts: 21; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
In my opinion... the fact that it has an S-Pen means that its a Note... So... Possibly a new Note Tablet running Windows 8 with a docking keyboard station?
11. The_Godfather (Posts: 146; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Jus f**k Apple......get the hell out of heya
15. Suts_97 (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I agree that Asus is good in tablets, yet Samsung is my favourite! Hope it's better than the Surface in tems of specs.
17. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh no, that direction pad...Looks alot like the one on the Macbook...
19. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 640; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
The industry is really going to suffer. I'm so embarrased I support Apple by buying their products. I'm sure they r now going to sue any laptop that looks similar to theirs and any all in one pc. Mobile industry better each out. Cos apple now has a leverage after the Samsung trial. I fear what is coming.
23. AshishRomea (Posts: 144; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
u have been speaking a lot of apple and favoring samsung , nothing wrong in supporting apple "atlest it innovates"
if u think apple can sue anyone and any company your wrong , samsung is a bloody copy cat , who will suffer a lot more in future , APPLE could never sue SONY ! sony is the only company in this world whom apple can sue in design or ideas , coz sony also innovates...
whoever innovates wont be sued :/ very normal !
SONY INNOVATES SO UT DOESNT GET SUED
SAMSUNG COPIES SO IT GETS SUED
25. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Since Sony's iDEA was lifted on "design" by Apple it would be foolish of them to sue Sony. Apple doesn't innovate. They just steal and misuse the flawed Patent system where no one can challenge before Patent is awarded. Ideally all applications for patent of aything should be open for challenge before patent being granted. Then i am sure this rectangle with rounded corners, icons with rounded corners, pinch to zoom would never have been patented. :)
27. duckymomo26 (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
You have no idea on what you are talking about. Just shut up OK?
21. 12Danny123 (Posts: 38; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
I do think it's gonna be a good tablet. certainly better than the Galaxy note 10.1 of course. But also I like the steampunk theme. it should be the default wallaper for Samsung windows 8 devices
22. sonisoe (Posts: 300; Member since: 06 May 2009)
i like MSI with its sliding-keyboard - very practical. or fujitsu with a rotating-folding-screen. not a fan of docking...
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Title of this sort of is trying to add Insult to Injury to Samsung. The word "Transform(ing)" in title is hinting what it intends to do :)
28. Suts_97 (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 May 2012)
A dual-boot tablet with Windows 8 and Android combo would be awesome!