Samsung teases June 12th Tablet event in New York City
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S should be unveiled at the fabled arena. Expected to be available with two different AMOLED screen sizes (8.4 inches and 10.5 inches), the slates will feature resolution of 2560 x 1600. Samsung is stuffing these tablets with the octa-core Samsung Exynos 5420 CPU alongside the Mali-T628 GPU. 3GB of RAM is inside along with 32GB of native storage. Back and front-facing cameras weigh in at 8MP and 2.1MP respectively. With Android 4.4.2 pre-installed, the tablets include Ultra Power Saving Mode to extend battery life. Another feature allows you to take phone calls from a connected phone, using the tablet.
Meanwhile, Samsung has produced a teaser for the event, which also has a "Tab Into Color" theme. That leads us to believe that the new tablets will be available in a variety of colors.
Will Samsung take this opportunity to take the wrappings off of the Samsung Galaxy F, the name rumored to be given to the "premium" version of the Samsung Galaxy S5? Most likely not, since the latest speculation has this 1440 x 2560 screened version of Samsung's flagship phone, coming to market in September at the same time as the Apple iPhone 6.
source: Samsung via GSMArena
1. tech2 (Posts: 2826; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
World's very first tablet with an amOLED display :))
25. tech2 (Posts: 2826; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
He didn't say world's most expensive tablet he said world's best.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Can't most expensive tablet also be the best?
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1759; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Haven't you heard about galaxy tab 7.7....
It was first tab with amoled...
2. Desmortibus (Posts: 66; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Is that a valid reason to be all excited about it ?....
5. sip1995 (Posts: 1142; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
No, cuz it's just another Android tablet from Samesung.
13. shuaibhere (Posts: 1759; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
May be it will not matter for haters like you...
But for us it marks the return of the amoled to tablet arena....
14. shuaibhere (Posts: 1759; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If it's just another tablet from samsung....
Why do even care do open the article and comment on it???
Feeling insecure huh??
17. sip1995 (Posts: 1142; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I have exactly the same question for you, why are you coming to our articles.
18. tech2 (Posts: 2826; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Lol...... 'our articles'..... xD
How old are you? :D
26. tech2 (Posts: 2826; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Well. If you think trolling on 'other' OEMs article is gonna make trolls go away from MS/Nokia articles then you couldn't be more wrong.
Look at every samsung articles its filled with trolls screaming ugly and plastic for no apparent reason. Even when its nothing to do with design or any such thing.
The best you can do is ignore them. I try my best not to respond cause I know these troll arguments are irrelevant in real world. And by replying them you're only encouraging them.
I know it makes one angry at times but we've to deal with it :/
23. shuaibhere (Posts: 1759; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well...because I don't think surface pro 3 as just another microsoft tablet/hybrid...
And I don't think wp 8.1 as just another OS...
Rather I know their potential....
It's just I hate who makes it..MS..
I have my own reasons for it...
3. jibraihimi (Posts: 708; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
They had released one tablet with amoled tablet before with 7.8 inch screen size......
4. arenanew (Posts: 233; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
stop making tablet becoz tablet have no use and feature . pc and laptop or even i pad is good .
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1569; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I don't trust guy who can't write iPad right way. And PC and laptop are mostly same thing...
7. sip1995 (Posts: 1142; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
The biggest difference between PC and tablet is that you can easily upgrade your pc's hardware.
12. ThePython (Posts: 497; Member since: 08 May 2013)
ITT: Samsung teases -even more- tablets.
15. JMartin22 (Posts: 1508; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
All their high-end tablets from Q4 2013, up until now just seem like the same thing, rehashed under a different moniker or display size. It's getting very redundant now. The only differentiating thing at this point for this tablet is the display technology.
It's not just Samsung, it's most other Android OEMs that do the tablet game. The only tablet series where I see distinction from year to year so far have been the Amazon Kindle and Google Nexus 7 line ups. That's only because they aren't bombarding the market with several of them each year.
16. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I'm in if the pricing is same as tag pro. I will definitely hold off until google hopefully unveils the nexus 8 or 8.9 at the google conference. I owned the tab pro but returned it knowing this was coming and the lag. Leaning towards google tablet though
22. HoPhonTab (Posts: 36; Member since: 03 Jun 2014)
Hope they making an update that all of their tablet will have ultra power saving mode
24. Krjal (Posts: 95; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
I'm sad it doesn't have the aluminium back of the Galaxy tab 7.7 (to this day still Samsung's best tablet) but the screen will probably sell me. I just hope the battery life is up to scratch. My tab 7.7 can still do over 11h screen on time and it's like 3 years old now.