Samsung takes a page off the Apple Stores book, opens a similar one Down Under
10. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't see anything bad about it. Did Apple invent this kind of store?
15. rf1975 (Posts: 254; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Shamesung. After doing these kind of shameless copycat, in the public they will tell " our designers did not sleep more than 3 hours / day to make this design & all our design is inspired by nature" LOL.
17. MeoCao (unregistered)
Luxury brands have such stores for years, in fact SS has many more products to show than Apple.
23. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Apple didn't invent minimalist store design.
This isn't new design for Samsung stores, either.
This looks better than an apple store. If only because doesn't look like a proctologist's waiting room.
32. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 9954; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Why does Samsung keep trying to take a page out of Apple's book? That's what got them into trouble the first time.
34. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it does seem bad on samsungs part, but now maybe they just wanna rub it in Apple's face and copy stuff as an insulting joke
2. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
been there nice place and stuff apple all carriers have something similar to that and so do microsoft stores they should just stop b*tching and instead of wasting money in court
spend it in innovation
18. JC557 (Posts: 1312; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Nokia also had their own store in Manhattan around 57th Street. This was before the Apple Store I think.
3. Aeires (unregistered)
Nice to see all that Samsung blue.
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
That's good old phone arena for ya. Watch apple try to sue for this too.
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1425; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Come on, so Apple's the only one allowed to make stores that showcase their devices?
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Article title is not free from usual bias that one sees here on this site ... and it's such bias that keeps driving me further away from iProducts :)
8. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
looking at the pleothra of electronics at their disposal, its obvious that samsung will open a store in the near future.
9. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
it doesn't look like an apple store at all. it's just a doppelganger of an apple retail store
11. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
hhahahahah there he is, the samsung smart guy :'Dhttp://www.phonearena.com/news
Now this takes copying to a whole new level...
12. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Seriously what the hell is wrong with that. Sony,s got sony world. Nokia has Nokia care. Why cant Samsung have their own store? There are so many stores out there that look like the apple store.
21. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
It's not about it being a RETAIL STORE, it's about it being a retail store that is copying the Apple one so hard that costumers walk out disappointed because they had thought they'd buy an iPad or a MacBook in it.
37. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
If one walks into a store with a HUGE blue samsung sign on it, and expects to buy a Apple device, one should not be dissapointed, one should be shot...
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ahh, another troll bait article. had they said "samsung opens store in australia" no one would care. but you say they are copying apple somehow, then here come the trolls, all ready to fight.
they are not copying anyone. just about every store is opening with an open and low clutter design. its just easier to find things and it looks better. When apple gets a patent for store design then we can worry about who's copying who. However, just like many Apple patents, apple was not the first to have this design by far, websites just like giving them credit to get hits.
19. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
If you are trying to say this is anything other than copying Apple, you're in some serious denial.
26. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
or the fact that apple did not invent the concept, and outside of tech sites, no one says "apple like store". Go outside once and a while.
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I have Gone to the Motorola Stores in CA, and trust me they don't look anything like Apple stores.. Samsungs keeps mocking Apple and and you still defend them.. hope Samsung get what is coming to them.. Once Burger King tried to do a Store back in the 80's to look like McDonalds. guess what happened. they change the design to what it is today
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im not defending anyone. Im just tired of apple getting credit for crap it didnt invent. Apple copied the look from other tech stores. Hell, VZW went to an extremely similar concept like 5 years ago. So have many up scale stores for a long time.
You guys are exactly what I'm talking about. This troll bait article was designed to bring you out to start "look at samsung copying" arguments. Good job.
30. Stuntman (Posts: 834; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Samsung is not copying Apple. They are copying Sony because the Samsung store is selling TV's that Apple does not sell in their stores. Sony sells TV's in theirs.
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
again apple prove that they can make people people think they were 1st at everything. ..Microsoft has minimalist stores so do Sony so do best buy etc etc.. believe it or not there has been stores like this before apple but as always apple likes to make people believe they were 1st and even "professionals" like you fall for it.
20. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
They obviously didn't copy Apple at all. I mean look at the store there's no screaming children, teenagers playing on computers they can't afford, and It looks like there are employees are not "busy" doing anything, completely different from any Apple store I've visited.
22. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Lmao Samsung is always a step behind. When are they going to be the first to do something do they won't look like a copycat
24. rockindude24/7 (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Dec 2009)
just because apple has a mountain load of cash doesnt mean they can sue samsung for ALMOST every little thing , let samsung be themselves apple !
25. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Best Buy Mobile stores do the exact same thing, at least in my area.
27. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Is it just me, or does it seem like, most of the writers for PA are pro apple? But, most of the people who post comments are pro Android?
28. Savage (unregistered)
So I guess when people come in these stores, they will think they are at an Apple outlet, simple because these stores copied the 'look and feel' of Apple Stores and will conveniently ignore the Samsung banner outside and on the walls?
I won't be surprised to see this as an argument used by Apple to prove that Samsung is a copycat.
36. joey18 (Posts: 589; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Why people hates apple when samsung wans to be like apple samsung makes money bcs apple using there sttuff and copy there electronics my gs3 is nothing new only android makes the different svoice is sucks compare to siri so my opinion why wait and see when you can make your own sttuff and better then see your neighbor what is doing
38. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
If apple will sue Samsung, I don't wanna live in this world anymore. Lawsuits are now becoming like a quarrel between kids- just for a ice cream.