Samsung sues LG seeking to invalidate OLED patents
0. phoneArena 19 Nov 2012, 20:25 posted on
This must be some sort of mistake because Samsung is suing someone not named Apple over a patent issue; what is happening is that the Korean based Samsung is taking fellow countryman LG to court trying to have an LG OLED patent declared invalid...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. someones4 (Posts: 613; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I actually like OLED screens.
And in this case i have no idea who to root for.
19. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So you're saying it's ok for Samsung to sue for ridiculous patent reasons?
21. Bernoulli (Posts: 1399; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
It was okay for Apple to Sue for round corners
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
two wrongs doesn't make it right.. said it a while back ago that Samgung is no better than Apple
29. Bernoulli (Posts: 1399; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I could care less when you said that Samsung is no better than Apple, all I did was reply to this mate who asked whether it was okay for Samsung to Sue for ridiculous patent reasons, and I just simply brought up how when Apple sued over round edges, which seems beyond ridicule to me, since I used to be a fan of the Walkman line up from Sony Ericsson and all their lineup was candy bar with round edges, long before the iphone came out
26. someones4 (Posts: 613; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
I did not say anything, child.
My statement is I like OLED display. On one hand, LG may have made this but they do not put them on phones. Samsung on the other hand made it better. i would hate the galaxy line for not having this display.
Although i could live with the IGZO display or IPS.
28. troutsy (Posts: 212; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Don't get angry, he's just a troll using your post to get a premium seat in the comments.
3. shuaibhere (Posts: 880; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Confusion confusion.....what will be the solution??????
4. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
wow....Sammy that's kind of disappointing on your part...let apple Sue their competition... just keep on innovating and you will be fine.
5. Goldeneye (Posts: 345; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Exactly now it'll be interesting to see crapsung's fanboys sayings, yeah Apple this and that and I'm sure this time is ok.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
What makes people angry about Apple's lawsuits is Apple's patents are garbage like rectangle with rounded corners or flat centered screen.
OLED is real serious innovation that Samsung spent billions or hundreds of millions to develop so they should protect it, there's no shame.
Let the Court decide who is right.
10. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, would you tell me where is wrong?
14. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
lol....your entire response is wrong...lg did oled first. and those are garbage patents but nonetheless they are patents.
16. MeoCao (unregistered)
Your claim is very bold man, the history of the technology is vey complicated and no 1 can claim to be the FIRST.
IDK if LG is the 1st to make an OLED product but even then it does not mean LG invented OLED.
17. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
i didnt say they invented it. they probally didnt but they did have it out in the market before samsung.. that's all...the whole sueing game is getting old fast. that's just my honest opinion... but just like assholes, everybody has one.
11. jphillips63 (Posts: 141; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Samsung didn't research and developed oled, LG did and was the first to market it in TV sets Samsung wants to use LG's technology in there hones and tablets. So it'll be a clear winner in LG's behalf on thus lawsuit. Sammy is just wanting to discredit LG for there technology so they can use it in there own products.
12. MeoCao (unregistered)
I wouldn't say who is right and who is wrong in this case, but SS products are proof that they have done a good job with OLED/AMOLED.
But there are perhaps dozens or hundreds of patents related to the technology and it's not surprise that LG and SS clash over some of the patents.
6. redmd (Posts: 786; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
you should get the idea of what the last sentence is about
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
have you read it properly??? Lg sued Samsung and Samsung just want to invalidate stolen patents ;)
8. Quezdagreat (Posts: 386; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I hope lg wins the lawsuit, those damn copycat
13. oister85 (Posts: 385; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
what i thought samsung and lg were like brothers i guess not
i wrote this comment on my psvita
15. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
and anyone else that tells you different obviously can't tell their ass from their elbow..
20. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Let me guess, " it's apple's fault for starting it!"
24. kobainez (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
WTH???? SONY SHOULD SUE SAMSUNG BECAUSE SONY IS THE ONE THAT INVENTED OLED BUT SAMDUNG STOLE IT
25. bluexperia (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
since suing is a trend now, why dont they sue each other in a sequence. samsung>apple>lg>samsung.. eventually they will get their money backs.. hahaha.. makes me wanna use nokia again...
30. rex1213 (Posts: 77; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
Oh Sammy! You should have done the same approach on Apple's suit on rounded corners. Yes, I'm talking about questioning the validity of the patent.